FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

[Archived] Hearthstone Legendary Rogue Aggro Deck

Guest Kayin

Hi !

Thanks for all those guides, it helps really much!

I tested this deck for a 20 days~ and I ended up rank 6.

I haven't Sylvanas nor Big Game Hunter, so I use Ragnaros & Assassinate.

So far I really like the deck but I feel really weak against some decks, especially OTK Rogue & some Mages. I feels like it's really hard to win past 9 turn against Mages and some stall very good during the early stage and I can't reach them.

Some Hunters are really annoying too with Unleash The Dog. If I didn't get the right start up hand It's really hard for me to handle their combo, any advice ?

I don't encounter alot of Taunt Monsters too, and when they're out, I usually get rid of them with eviscerate and my others spells while my minions hit the Hero HP.

So I wonder if there is no better choice instead of Dark Knight. I'm thinking about The Beast or Cairne. The first one is a really strong hitter while the other got some good board control. What do you think guys?

Hey, Kayin

Regardless of which deck you pick, you will always find your "nightmare matchup" - a deck that you will always suffer playing against, however as long as your overall win ratio is above 50%, you are playing a deck that can progress further.

Your choice to swap Sylvanas and Big Game Hunter for Raggy and Assassinate is great, however Ragnaros might be a bit slow in an aggressive deck, but still an outstanding finisher.

Regarding Hunters, play aggressively against them and each play you make, think what will happen if your opponent "Unleashes the Dog" next turn :) You will find Defender of Argus being one of your favorite cards in this matchup. Also, you should always prioritize trading minions with whatever hunter has on the board - keep your offense small but efficient and save your spells as finishers (DP / evis etc...)

Dark Knight in my opinion is currently one of the best legendaries. Mages and Hunters will often have no taunters and in such situations, DK is pretty worthless, but majority of the decks play Defender of Argus and DK wins games against those decks. Its value is insane. 

I would advise against The Beast, I personally think its a horrible card in constructed and arena, while Cairne could work - its pretty slow and generally played in control decks, but since you already have Raggy and seem to have shifted towards better late game, Cairne will have pretty decent value.

Hope this helps, 
Regards,
Poyo

• Like 1

Guest Kayin

Poyo himself replying, I couldn't expect better.

Thanks alot for your time here.

When i'll get the right amount of dust, i'll test Sylvanas, but it's out of my budget for now...:/

Thanks for your advices against Hunters, i'll try it this way.

I'll try to get Sylvanas and I will test it without Ragnaros to see the difference. I'll listen to you and pass up on The Beast. I'll come again in a month I think, the time to really see the change between Rag and Sylv!

It helped,

Thanks alot,

Kayin.

Guest GuyZeal

Hi, I've been running this deck for about a week now, and I've gotten myself stuck around rank 13. It's been about 3 days of bouncing between 12 and 14 but the deck seems to be losing it's consistency. I've tried replacing the argent squires with shadow steps bc they work well with the agents and the charge this deck has. After reading the comments above I think I will try replacing bghunter with Assasinate for a little more versatility, however, I can't shake the feeling I'm not using bghunter properly a 4-2 minion can be really handy, but I find he sits in my hand for most matches. Furthermore I'm ready to replace Sylvannas with a cold blood at this point, she is an awesome card, but extremely hit or miss with this deck, but most of all she seems slow, unfortunately I don't have one, but I think at 6 mana Carin would be better. For now I'm going to run this deck without Sylvannas to try and introduce a little more speed. I'll let you know how it turns out, any advice you could pass along concerning this deck would be awesome.

I'd just like to add that I know that a lot of the of upsets this deck has been a result of bad draws on the 1st turn, and nearly all losses are pretty close, finally I just might not make the right decisions, every match is different and rank 13 may be all I'm capable of. However, I hope it's not, I've been playing since the open beta and I'm pretty sure I'm not a pushover.

Deck is definitely a lot of fun to play!

Sign in to follow this