FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

[Archived] S8 Hearthstone Basic Shaman Deck

Guest Anon

You mention the wolfrider but it's not being used as part of the deck.

Guest asdf

Same with Gnomish Inventor.. Think they just copypasted something here.

Guest Messias

Awesome deck, been winning consistently with this. The combination of windfury and bonus damage is deadly in the least. Just be patience and don't let your enemy get a minion advantage.

Guest Sheila

I can't win anything with this deck.  My minions are killed before I can get anything going and I'm running out of cards constantly.  There has to be a better basic deck than this.

I can't win anything with this deck.  My minions are killed before I can get anything going and I'm running out of cards constantly.  There has to be a better basic deck than this.

If you read the feedbacks above you, you can see that this deck, if played correctly can win quite a lot of matches. In fact, the metagame is constantly changing. I have heard that aggro decks are the most usual in the last few days which explains completely why your minions die even if you play it correctly.

Guest DavDarkelf2

I really didn't like the Shaman class at first, especially just using this deck. However with a bit of tweaking I found myself winning a lot more. For instance taking out Windfury and replacing it with Windspeaker.  For 2 more mana you get a 3/3 minion as well. Your unlikely to want to give a basic minion Windfury so I found this much better mid game. I also like the Gnomish Inventor for more card advantage. What most people don't see coming is Bloodlust. If you have 4 minions out that's an extra 12 damage which is pretty deadly. Also make use of your totem special ability. Some people will just ignore them. However if you need to take out a 3 or 4 health minion you can surprise them by giving a totem Rockbiter Weapon.

Guest RedMage928

They're classes are pretty good, I've been winning with them but basic classes tend to be similar due to lack of choices. An addition I would really like to see would be a list of suggested switched cards if you have some card pack-cards but not enough to create the low budget version of a class. Its been annoying me that I've bought card packs but I don't have the required ones for a low-budget version. 

Guest kebabylon

Hi, thanks for these guides, great starting place for us new players. If you ever revisit them it would be nice with a section on what areas/cards one should first start looking into upgrading and some potential candidates.

Hi, thanks for these guides, great starting place for us new players. If you ever revisit them it would be nice with a section on what areas/cards one should first start looking into upgrading and some potential candidates.

Basic decks are rather limited with card choices and our decks are constructed to get you started within these limitations. Once you move past the basic level, you should easily find a variety of decks available for either your class or budget range.

Should you struggle finding the best candidates to craft, I suggest you decide about the class you wish to play and simply check the deck lists for all budget ranges - some cards will be included in every deck despite its budget.

Guest Max

I really enjoy this deck alot, its very good and easy to use for new players

Guest Guest

I could afford to craft a few other cards for this deck, including some neutral minions, would any be able to suggest any replacements to help improve this deck? 

Guest iSsUEs

I could afford to craft a few other cards for this deck, including some neutral minions, would any be able to suggest any replacements to help improve this deck? 

If you look at Shaman decks https://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone-shaman-decks they give ones that are steps up from this basic one. Depending on your range I'm still on the basics as I'm trying to reach level 10 with each one still. But once you know what class you want to work with you can pick one of those and work towards the end goal of the really high tier version.

Guest sapiens

This deck sucks big time, you won't get far with these low cards. No mass removal, too few cards with abilities.

This deck heavily relies on drawing cards in right sequence - might as well go for zoolock deck.

I know what I'm saying because I play shaman with rares and legendaries.

This deck sucks big time, you won't get far with these low cards. No mass removal, too few cards with abilities.

This deck heavily relies on drawing cards in right sequence - might as well go for zoolock deck.

I know what I'm saying because I play shaman with rares and legendaries.

I agree with most of the things you've said. However, you seem to be under the impression that we are in some way recommending this deck over decks that have Rares and Legendaries in them. We are not.

This is a Basic deck, meaning that it is meant for people who have absolutely no other cards aside from the Basic ones (the ones the game gives you by default for reaching level 10 with a Shaman). The deck is meant to give these players the best chance they can have given their limited card options. Whenever one acquires better cards, these cards should be incorporated into the deck.

I'm certain that all the Basic decks have potential, I personally find the Warlock and Shaman versions extremely hard to play.

It might just be my playstyle, as I find I do quite well with Priest, Paladin, Warrior and Mage, but I too have found in an aggro-heavy meta, the Basic Shaman deck can have an extremely hard time keeping minions on the board.

I think it might be handy to have decks listed somewhere between the Basic Decks and the Low Budget versions, as 1000+ dust can be quite a lot for new players who are struggling.

Guest Brewmaster29

I'm certain that all the Basic decks have potential, I personally find the Warlock and Shaman versions extremely hard to play.

It might just be my playstyle, as I find I do quite well with Priest, Paladin, Warrior and Mage, but I too have found in an aggro-heavy meta, the Basic Shaman deck can have an extremely hard time keeping minions on the board.

I think it might be handy to have decks listed somewhere between the Basic Decks and the Low Budget versions, as 1000+ dust can be quite a lot for new players who are struggling.

As a beginner I agree with this, so do you guys have any suggestion on some cards that I can replace/add? The only change I did was replace 1 bloodlust with lightning storm and I only have 200 Arcane dust(I always lose in the Arenasad.png )

As a beginner I agree with this, so do you guys have any suggestion on some cards that I can replace/add? The only change I did was replace 1 bloodlust with lightning storm and I only have 200 Arcane dust(I always lose in the Arenasad.png )

You can usually look at the higher budget decks and get some card ideas from there (and from the crafting guides we have for each class).

Sign in to follow this