FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

[Archived] S20 Hearthstone Low Budget Warlock Aggro Deck

Guest Welrence

i tried to use this deck against common pubs and i feel this deck has to many minion card and less spell. It is every easy to counter. Is there any advice on how to use this deck properly? 

i tried to use this deck against common pubs and i feel this deck has to many minion card and less spell. It is every easy to counter. Is there any advice on how to use this deck properly? 

This deck is extremely aggressive and it relies on your early game. The lack of spells, as you may see it, should not effect your game play - you have only a few and they will always have great impact on the game - either they will serve as outstanding finishers or they will simply help you maintain pressure on the board.

Regarding the game plan, its fairly simple. Make efficient minion trades in order to maintain early board control, put your opponent under pressure and don't be afraid to use your hero power to replenish your hand once you pass early game.

Guest Josh

Hello,

I have Lord Jaraxxus and Doomguard x2 (well, I also have Twisting Nether but I think it does not make sense in this deck).

Oh! And I also have Faceless Manipulator, Leeroy Jenkins and Grull (I do not even mention Millhouse Manastorm because I think it's a pretty bad card)

Should I include any of those cards in the deck? Which card(s) should I remove from the deck then?

Thanks!

Hello,

I have Lord Jaraxxus and Doomguard x2 (well, I also have Twisting Nether but I think it does not make sense in this deck).

Oh! And I also have Faceless Manipulator, Leeroy Jenkins and Grull (I do not even mention Millhouse Manastorm because I think it's a pretty bad card)

Should I include any of those cards in the deck? Which card(s) should I remove from the deck then?

Thanks!

This deck is very aggressive. The highest-costing card costs 6 mana. It relies pretty heavily on overpowering the opponent.

For this reason, Lord Jaraxxus is not very good because if you get it in your starting hand, or if you draw it after that for the first 8 turns, it is a dead card. This means that even if you make it to turn 9, the fact that you've had a dead card in your hand the whole time might mean it's too late for it to matter. So, I wouldn't really advise using Jaraxxus.

Leeroy Jenkins works great in any aggressive deck, and that's true here too. Pair it with Power Overwhelming and you've got a very sick finisher. To include Leeroy, I'd remove one Shadowflame.

Faceless Manipulator may work alright, but I feel it's a bit too slow too. The only combo you might be able to make with it is something like Leeroy + Power Overwhelming + Faceless Mainpulator, but it's pretty hard to get that.

Gruul is much too slow, and Manastorm is just bad :)

Guest Josh

This deck is very aggressive. The highest-costing card costs 6 mana. It relies pretty heavily on overpowering the opponent.

For this reason, Lord Jaraxxus is not very good because if you get it in your starting hand, or if you draw it after that for the first 8 turns, it is a dead card. This means that even if you make it to turn 9, the fact that you've had a dead card in your hand the whole time might mean it's too late for it to matter. So, I wouldn't really advise using Jaraxxus.

Leeroy Jenkins works great in any aggressive deck, and that's true here too. Pair it with Power Overwhelming and you've got a very sick finisher. To include Leeroy, I'd remove one Shadowflame.

Faceless Manipulator may work alright, but I feel it's a bit too slow too. The only combo you might be able to make with it is something like Leeroy + Power Overwhelming + Faceless Mainpulator, but it's pretty hard to get that.

Gruul is much too slow, and Manastorm is just bad smile.png

Thank you very much! It was so helpful indeed wink.png Now I see how the deck works clearly and I agree with you, Leeroy is the chosen one because of the strategy. I'll remove one Shadowflame, as you said.

Keep up the good work!

Thank you very much! It was so helpful indeed wink.png Now I see how the deck works clearly and I agree with you, Leeroy is the chosen one because of the strategy. I'll remove one Shadowflame, as you said.

Keep up the good work!

Thank you!

Guest Fhrey

I've reworked this deck. Do you think it's a good set?

so here's the deck

Blvi85LCQAAqPog.png

is it good to replace:

argent commander x1-> Reckless Rocketeer x1

Defender of Argus x1-> Sen'jin Shieldmasta x1

Arcane Golem x1-> Wolfrider x1

Harvest Golem x2-> Razorfen Hunter x2

Shadowflame x2 -> Hellfire x2

Power Overwhelming x1  -> Mortal Coil x1

i did replacement because I lacked certain cards :/

Any suggestions/Ideas? I only got some cards tho. (newb me)

Guest Zeus

Hey, i know this thread is sort of old but I have hope someone experienced can help me

My question is: can defender of argus be integrated in this deck? If so, how?

Hey, i know this thread is sort of old but I have hope someone experienced can help me

My question is: can defender of argus be integrated in this deck? If so, how?

You can easily use Defender of Argus in any minion heavy deck as it provides quite a lot of value. You can easily take out 2x Arcane Golem for 2x Argus.

Guest Fox

Hey guys, just a heads up to say thanks for your guides. They have been very helpful for me in all things WoW and HS.

Question. This deck - if played properly what rank do you think it could achieve?

I've been playing it for a few hours and am slowing down at around 16-15. Can this go much higher?. I ask because I want to know if the reason why I'm slowing down is because of me and my choices or the deck itself just not being strong enough?

Also, I'm considering replacing the faerie dragons with something else as I've found there have been times when I'm left with just the faerie card and a buff card which I can't use, and it has stopped me from winning matches. I was considering oozes or maybe mad bomber... or possibly scarlet crusader?

Thanks in advance.

Guest pora

I'm running icy-veins low budget decks on all heroes, and this warlock deck is the only one I can't manage to win with: 25% winrate in 50 games playing on rank 12-14. Not missing any cards from the deck.

I've tried playing it a few different ways, trying to control the board or attacking face more, tapping more or tapping less, but nothing seems to work. Most games seem pretty close but I always seem to lose by a few hp. Just tried playing expert AI hunter too a few times and barely can even beat that.

Any tips/pointers?

Guest Dire badger

The Meta for this deck is pretty well known, and right now most decks run to heavy-duty rushing... regular rush Warlocks are pretty low end of the spectrum compared to rush paladins, warriors, Warlock murlocs, and hardcore warriors.
Also the popular rushing has made the response meta favor low-end AOE's, which are pretty critically horrific to this particular version... priests are always lugging mass dispel, Mages usually deploy taunters almost instantly, which can be crippling.

Frankly, warlock rushes are SO well known, that almost no one anymore holds back removal out of worry you will play a big guy. That means that their removal is played early, and often... voidwalkers get frogged, flame imps get iced, senjins get instantly dispelled or removed. No one is worried about you playing a big taunter or even a little one, they will mulligan BGH or deploy it as a counterminion, and have absolutely NO fear of your late game.

I have developed a (sort of) answer that I think kind of answers the lack of late game by allowing you to shift dynamics on the fly... If they are ready for your short game, you can shift quickly to the long game without any real dead cards.

BTW- Mages and priests HATE this deck. Most stuff has synergy with other stuff and it has a steep learning curve, not to mention minion POSITION is highly important.

2x Soulfire
2x mortal coil
2x Power Overwhelming
2x Blood imp
2x Flame Imp
2x Leper Gnome
2x Void Walker

2x Demonfire
2x Direwolf Alpha
2x Ironbeak Owl

2x Felguard
2x harvest Golem
2x Scarlet Crusader
2x Void Terror

2x Hellfire

It is important that you remember a couple of things:

Power Overwhelming is meant to synergize with leper Gnomes and Void terrors. Sometimes Blood imps are more useful as void terror fuel or attackers... hitting them with demonfire makes them perfectly acceptable 2/3 minions, and power overhwleming will turn them into sizzling 4/5 chargers/ terror fuel. If a minion is standing next to a dire wolf, and you let the void terror eat it, you get double the effect as the minion's bonus gets absorbed into the void terror and the terror replaces the minion's position, getting another +1 bonus.

Play the scarlet crusaders and golems as you can. The golems are fantastic terror fuel since you can pump them up for an attack with Power overwhelming, and then they still have a presence on the board. It is also important to scare you opponent into blowing off his removal as quickly as possible, and both will do so easily while leaving you in a good position.

In most instances, you do NOT want to pay any attention to his minions unless it is mandatory. your card advantage is your health pool, your board advantage is his fear factor... you have a very limited amount of time to kill him since you have no healing in the deck and even your taunting is more aggressive. You can stop rush decks, but you will only need to do so long enough to bring in the big guy and clear removal.

Traps are still a problem, but most of the worst ones are almost irrelevant since you are not stacking up 1/1/ rushers.

The latest update description talks about Dark Iron Dwarf, but I don't see that in the card list. Is that supposed to be in this deck and if so what can it replace?

The latest update description talks about Dark Iron Dwarf, but I don't see that in the card list. Is that supposed to be in this deck and if so what can it replace?

Thanks for pointing that out. I've rectified it. Dark Iron Dwarf was never meant to be in the deck :)

• Like 1

Guest Layiahma

Hi i'm just starting to build up my decks after getting the just of this game...i have Pit Lord and Void Terror is there anyway i can put these into the deck or would they be better to disenchant? I'm missing a few from this deck just trying to use what i have 

Hi i'm just starting to build up my decks after getting the just of this game...i have Pit Lord and Void Terror is there anyway i can put these into the deck or would they be better to disenchant? I'm missing a few from this deck just trying to use what i have 

Hey, Layiahma

Void Terror can potentially work if you would play 2x Power Overwhelming. You buff your minion, take out one of your opponent's and consume it with Void Terror, however in most situations, it will simply be too complicated to execute.

I would play without them, but surely, before you disenchant Pitlord you should give it a try - the damage you take is often too much to justify the value gain compared to Chillwind Yeti.

Hope this helps

Great deck. I'm still month by month trying to move higher up the rankings. This deck got me to my highest yet, rank 7. The hunter aggro was the deck that did the most for me, getting me to rank 9, but I couldn't seem to move past rank 9 with hunter. This deck was able to get me from 9-7.

I realised something about meta, though. Sometimes with a deck I'll have a good run of wins and other times a bad run of losses (around the same level). Assuming my skill level is the same at both times, just have to wait for a favourable meta to the deck I'm playing with.

What I do now (not sure if there's any science in it!), is to wait to win 3 consecutive times in casual mode with a deck and then move it to rank (which usually seems to bag me a couple of wins). After I lose couple consecutive games, I take a break. 

So sometimes in casual my aggro hunter deck struggles but my aggro warlock deck wins easy. Then I reckon its warlock time. Sometimes all the aggros are struggling, but my druid or priest control wins easy, then its time for that deck.

Is there any merit in this thinking?

Edited by BR0

This is my basically my first non basic deck and i really like it. It's very easy to overwhelm your opponent early. This is a good cheap deck that fills it's purpose very well. It's a good starting deck. 

Sign in to follow this