FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Pandacho

SoO resto shaman solo healing

Hello guys! And especially Stoove, i think this is a question for you :)

I want to try some solo healing in normal SoO. just for fun. I did it accidentaly on Immerseus and Sha, when my co-healer turn dead at first minute of the fight, but now i think to try this willingly.

So, my first question - which bosses i can solo heal with my current gear?

i have two shamans, so i'll post both of them.

Alliance: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/argent-dawn/Pandacho/advanced

logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-yn9dcbyt1jxpjfsp/sum/healingDone/?s=10899&e=11445

Horde: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/eversong/Трольша/advanced

logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/jeopatykj7216d3o/sum/healingDone/?s=2434&e=2802

My second question: is it ok to use such weights: Int - 1.0, Spirit (up to 13000)-0.75, Haste (up to 12155)-0.7, Haste(after 12155)-0.55, Crit - 0.55, Mastery - 0,4?

I never OoM and i can't play in Crit - wasted loads of gold for reforging/regeming, it doesn't work for me :-/ Only haste!

And the last question - any tips for solo healing?

My talents are permanent, except of switching between Rushing streams and Ancestral Guidance. In glyphs i always use Chaining and Riptide, the 3rd one depends.

Edited by Trollsha

Well I wouldn't try doing it for Iron Juggernaut or Thok, that's for sure, and Malkorok might be a push too. Fights like Spoils where you split up will be a pain, too.

If you can find a satisfying way of dealing with throughput on the Transition and Empowered Whirling Corruption phases on Garrosh, he seems like a decent choice. Though I'd work up to that.

Normal Protectors would be a decent target for this kind of thing, providing that you can persuade your ranged group to sit inside your Healing Rain most of the time. On Normal, the tanks tend not to take huge spike damage so it's a matter of dispelling one debuff and healing through the other. If you do persuade your raid to get in the Healing Rain, go for Ancestral Guidance so you can deal with Rook's Desparate Measures phase, and Calamity, better.

Norushen is, in theory, doable as a 1-heal setup. Since you can quite happily 2-heal the encounter on Heroic, provided your raid is soaking everything properly and standing in the Healing Rain, you should be able to do this pretty easily. I'd recommend Rushing Streams for this, really.

Galakras - this really relies on whether your team can survive the towers without a healer. If so, spec into Ancestral Guidance for the extra burst on the final phase. You WILL need to ask for raidwalls. Organize a rotation and get someone else to call it. It'll be close! :)

Iron Juggernaut is probably impractical to 1-heal.

Dark Shaman could go either way. If you have a good strategy, and your DPS are good at avoiding/placing the shit, and your tanks can place the cinder walls reliably, then you could do it. The main problem will be dealing with Falling Ash, which does raidwide damage. You will have a few cooldowns, but not enough really. I suggest saving your biggies (Ascendance, Healing Tide Totem) for near the end of the fight. Organize to bunch up on the first two or so Falling Ash if you can, so you can use Spirit Link and get something like an AMZ or Smoke Bomb up as well. If you have paladins, Devo Aura as many Falling Ash as possible. Try not to let any of them go un-countered. Definitely take Rushing Streams for this boss.

Nazgrim could be done if your raid is good at stacking in the Healing Rain when there are no adds out. I'm not sure if the first leap of Heroic Shockwave counts for Rage, so check that first. Your raid will have to move regularly. Only attempt this if everyone is comfortable and fast at dealing with the adds, and you never usually get ravagers. The extra DPS will definitely help here.

Don't ever try Thok solo.

Blackfuse would be a difficult one. I'll think about it a bit more.

Paragons honestly doesn't have that much to worry a well geared 2-heal team, so provided you can spec for burst to deal with the odd Aim you should find that relatively easy to deal with. I'd just say that you'll probably want to single-target most of the fight, or at least that's what I'd expect intuitively. Use cooldowns for semi-emergencies to stop them developing into wipes.

• Like 1

Wow, thanks a lot for so quick and thorough answer :) I'll try the Paragons today.

And what can you say about the weights? Does it seems normal to divide Haste ans Crit in this way (0,55-0,55)?

ive heard of high dps teams one healing all fights except thok spoils and seigecrafter. its easiest with a palladin to aura raidwide damage spikes and a dps shaman or spriest or boom for raidwide heal cd. dps shaman have tide, which even in non-heal spec is pretty nice.

BLCD, (blood legion cooldowns) is a nice addon that can help with tracking available cds. it's simple and has a few minor bugs, but for the most part is pretty nice. it detects class/spec and talents and has a little timer bar to let you know when things will be ready again.

Wow, thanks a lot for so quick and thorough answer smile.png I'll try the Paragons today.

And what can you say about the weights? Does it seems normal to divide Haste ans Crit in this way (0,55-0,55)?

No. If you want Haste, don't weight it the same as Crit. If you want Crit, weight it higher than Haste. Based on what you've said, I'd make AMR gem for Haste -> 0.55 Haste and 0.45 Crit and 0.4 Mastery.

ive heard of high dps teams one healing all fights except thok spoils and seigecrafter. its easiest with a palladin to aura raidwide damage spikes and a dps shaman or spriest or boom for raidwide heal cd. dps shaman have tide, which even in non-heal spec is pretty nice.

BLCD, (blood legion cooldowns) is a nice addon that can help with tracking available cds. it's simple and has a few minor bugs, but for the most part is pretty nice. it detects class/spec and talents and has a little timer bar to let you know when things will be ready again.

We don't have paladins, no priests :-/ but 2 shamans and 3 druids smile.png

BLCD - i'll try it. And what about Hermes for CDs tracking?

No. If you want Haste, don't weight it the same as Crit. If you want Crit, weight it higher than Haste. Based on what you've said, I'd make AMR gem for Haste -> 0.55 Haste and 0.45 Crit and 0.4 Mastery.

I want Haste definitely more than Crit up to 12155, but after that i want to push both. Or it doesn't work?

Edited by Trollsha

I want Haste definitely more than Crit up to 12155, but after that i want to push both. Or it doesn't work?

I imagine it will give you them equally after that, if that's what you really want :)

I imagine it will give you them equally after that, if that's what you really want smile.png

Yes, this is what i want.

But does it seems normal to you from the theoretical PoV, or it's totally insane and equal distribution doesn't benefit any style of healing?

Yes, this is what i want.

But does it seems normal to you from the theoretical PoV, or it's totally insane and equal distribution doesn't benefit any style of healing?

I wouldn't do it, I tend to pick a style I like and go for that stat. You might find, dependent on gear level, that it can't get you that much Crit anyway.

It is viable, but on progress I'd say it wasn't practical. On farm I would always expect Haste to do well :)

It is viable, but on progress I'd say it wasn't practical.

What do you mean by progress?

I healed 5/14 HMs with my haste spec (always 12155+) and felt really fine with it, what i can't say about Crit. Or are you speaking about 3rd wing and further?

Logs:

Protectors: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/o3xialqhq7jed9xy/sum/healingDone/?s=8483&e=9085

Here i healed the Protectors without legendary cloak and metagem

Norushen: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-91yxhphbqxr70fz3/sum/healingDone/?s=2029&e=2441

Out of interest, do you 2-heal or 3-heal HC progress? I would anticipate that a really Haste centric build would be more challenging in a 2-heal situation due simply to the lower mana available. In the 3-heal case, I would think that Haste would still be viable.

There's no doubt that Haste is good, or even that in terms of throughput it's viable, the case is whether Haste is a practical thing when you are short on mana (as in the 2-heal HC progress case). We don't have any kind of theoretical basis for asking this question, so we don't really know the answer in any real way. All we know is that Haste is technically mana negative, but whether you go use a Haste build is still completely a value judgement.

On the other hand, your Haste build is only a couple of percent higher than a non-AS 30% build, which we know is perfectly viable. So I would debate whether to read too much into these results.

As always, caution is important before jumping to conclusions. I would love to be persuaded, and I really do love Haste builds, but my experience so far indicates that Crit is the most versatile/practical build right now. I would love to be proven wrong.

We've known for a long time now that the three secondaries are more or less equal given the optimal conditions for each, with Haste having the throughput advantage, but the most important question for me is whether the conditions are practical for full-on Haste builds? I certainly saw an improvement when I moved from full-Haste to 30% and then stacking Crit.

Out of interest, do you 2-heal or 3-heal HC progress? I would anticipate that a really Haste centric build would be more challenging in a 2-heal situation due simply to the lower mana available. In the 3-heal case, I would think that Haste would still be viable.

Sha - two-healed. the others 3-healed. I managed my mana through the fight on Sha HM. used MTT twice and a potion, finished with 5-10% of mana, but never OoMed in the middle.

i definitely would try the Norushen and Protectors, but it's not my call to decide. Galakras - i don't know about the end of the fight - last 20-30 sec. I want to try it when (if) i finally get Sha trinket.

The thing is that honestly those are my games and my interests as a healer to do some challenging fights, but we have to make HM progress, not to wipe the raid for my pleasure :)

have you tried h juggernaut trollsha? i'd be interested to see how a haste heavy build does on that one.

We started it and did several tries for about an hour and we'll be back to Juggernaut HM in a week.

The haste build was fine, but i really fucked up there, when after the second try wanted to switch AG to RS and did not press learn. :-/ So all the tries are without very significant talent...

We've known for a long time now that the three secondaries are more or less equal given the optimal conditions for each, with Haste having the throughput advantage, but the most important question for me is whether the conditions are practical for full-on Haste builds? I certainly saw an improvement when I moved from full-Haste to 30% and then stacking Crit.

I tried to drop to 30% of Haste and it's too slow for me. Everything below 12155 is too slow, as if i know what i have to do but don't have enough time to perform. My personal issues i think :) If you want, i can link here my video (my PoV) of Thok normal kill from the last week: 2-healed by shaman (me) and druid, with 1 tank, no paladins or priests.

And yes, Haste after 12300 hell burns the mana and it is not efficient for the long fights (more than 6-7 minutes of constant healing). Though no problems with fights of "Garrosh style" when i have breaks for replenishing (transitions).

So i'll try this week to reforge to Crit after 12300 of Haste, and next week i'll reforge to 14K or 15K of haste and we'll see.

Ah that's interesting. Our default state is 2-healing, with an offspec third. So far the only one we haven't successfully 2-healed was Protectors. I mostly feel that the extra regen from Crit makes the difference for me in these cases. Galakras progression has been OK, with a bit of a struggle at the end - we're expecting to get the kill 2-healing it.

do you find that the cleave and multistrike trinks actually do all that much healing? have you tried running double amp to get more secondaries? have you tried single amp and horridon's gasp and reforging out of more spirit?

do you find that the cleave and multistrike trinks actually do all that much healing? have you tried running double amp to get more secondaries? have you tried single amp and horridon's gasp and reforging out of more spirit?

1. Yes, if i have people in 20 yards radius, like on Nuroshen, Galakras, Shamans, Thok, Garrosh. No - on fights like Immerseus or Juggernaut

2. i have Multistrike+Cleave on one shaman and Amp+Multistrike on the other. I would prefer Amp+Cleave (Sha+Thok).

3. I tried single amp and horridon's gasp, 'cos i had it on the start of T16. May be it was helpfull with mana, but what it worth to be with full mana and dead people? So i definitely prefer any trinket from SoO

4. I never had mana issues from 12k of mana, so never reforged for spirit. And between 9-11k i just had to plan very carefull my healing, use MTT and mana potions and to ask for Inner.

And i made a video from today's Nuroshen HM with 12290 of Haste. So you can see how it's going in fight.

Edited by Trollsha

I tried Horridon's Last Gasp, and even the Blackfuse trinket, and they're not really worth it. Maybe I'd take Blackfuse if a Warforged Normal version dropped :)