FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
hobblock

MW on garrosh help

hello, first of all, TY for the great guides/posts on icy veins.  You guys have helped me and my wife a ton :).  So last week , my wife switched raid toons to move into the second heals spot in our ten man.  Her mistweaver monk , Ilvl 555, with cloak and meta.  Her name is Minx , Uldaman server, sorry I have no clue how to link armories :(.  We had some issues with the Hpally pulling quite a bit more healing done then her.  We believe she is gemmed/reforged correctly, We have switched talents to chi brew and chi buirst for that fight but takes time getting used to it for her, If you guys find anything were doing wrong please feel free to let us know.  She is keeping ReM on CD and using uplift during damage phases, like Iron star and whirlwinds., The pally is an alt of an 12/14 H guild, so we know play ability is prolly better on his end , Just looking to fix anything obvious to help

Hi Hobblock,

I am assuming this is your wife:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/uldaman/Minx/advanced

If so there are a few things from this that could be improved.

1 - remove the mana tea glyph to allow for channeling with a 4% mana per 0.5 seconds no glyph is better. Personally i prefer the Zen Meditation glyph so i can cast it while moving(good for the whirling corruptions).

2 - You are between and just below the next haste cap. I would suggest:

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/8cf9a000-ef15-410e-be9e-82c78ceba228

Without logs it is hard to comment on rotation. If there isn't alot of raid damage then the pally(given skill and experience assumed) will do more healing due to the nature of the pally absorbs and EF blanketing.

Use uplift alot and surge/RJW during meta for free heals and chi. Expel harm on cooldown for more chi, transcendence transfer to move from weapons faster.

With some logs more help can be provided.

Happy Killing smile.png

TY VM for the reply Brewmonksta,  That is her and we will be changing the glyph.  As far as logs go , We do have logs of our attempts last week, I am just unsure of how to link them :( ?  The Holy Pally we fully expect her to get out healed by , Last week was her first time attempting to heal it and there is a lot of standing in stupid that could be corrected. My self included lol, TY again for any help , I will let u know how fri goes when we try again :)

worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-6jgdvvbztgbcxalh/

Really hope that worked, when I go to copy and paste, it will not paste anything sad.png

Edited by hobblock

those are the correct logs but from fri night, we did paragons/garrosh sat . I really wish I could figure out why it wont let me direct link it in my reply's. But even those logs if u guys find something wrong please let us know

Hi again Hobblock,

There is quite a bit of room for improvement based off the logs here.

I looked at thok, jugg and the 11min garrosh wipe to see if it was a bad pull or a trend.

1 - Expel harm is never being used? This gives you an instant free chi and small self heal. Even if its an overheal the chi is worth using it.

2 - On the garrosh pull i can only see 2 uses of Xuen in an 11minute+ encounter. Personally i prefer RJW  for garrosh because of its use when dpsing adds while healing.

3 - Your uplift healing is very low. ReM is your highest heal and this should not be the case. Uplift should be your go to heal. Use it as (almost) on cooldown (as often as your chi will allow) as it will give you mana tea and provide healing. Im not sure if you are capping your chi or just holding onto it and waiting to uplift?

4 - ReM did have a high uptime but over 11 mins with an 8 second cooldwon you could have cast approx 84 renewing mists and you managed 56. ReM needs to be used on cd.

5 - Thunder focus tea, you used TFT 3 times over 11 mins. TFT has a 45 second cd and should be used to apply ReM to more targets so that your uplifts will hit more people(this could also be contributing to your low uplift healing amounts).

6 - Chi Wave (this is more my opinion) i prefer chi burst especially when the groups are stacked or close, like on 10 man garrosh. This should also be used on cooldown.

7 - No casts of surging mists. This makes me wonder what you are doing with your meta procs? If you track it you can get 2 surging mists(glyphed so it smart heals) and a RJW. Free healing and 3 free chi.

If you are having trouble monitoring the cooldowns of things perhaps you need to look into weak auras to track them.

I will assume that you use some kind of healing addon(grid, vuhdo, healbot, mousovermaco's) make sure that you can easily view and track your ReM targets and durations so that you can time your TFT.

Happy Killing smile.png

ok , thanks a bunch  for looking into that :), I knew there was some room for improvement,  looks to be a lot of it.  As far as her meta im really not sure, were working with her on that this week, and same with RJW over xuen.  She likes the hit and forget style of xuen , but RJW seems a lot better for that fight.  ReM uptime she has changed keybindings on and will look into farther after attempts this weekend.  I have no clue why she was into chi wave as my monk has never used it lol,.  Guess theres a lot here to work on , But again I think she will get it , just takes some time. Ty again for all the help and bearing with my in ability to link lol

ok , thanks a bunch  for looking into that smile.png, I knew there was some room for improvement,  looks to be a lot of it.  As far as her meta im really not sure, were working with her on that this week, and same with RJW over xuen.  She likes the hit and forget style of xuen , but RJW seems a lot better for that fight.  ReM uptime she has changed keybindings on and will look into farther after attempts this weekend.  I have no clue why she was into chi wave as my monk has never used it lol,.  Guess theres a lot here to work on , But again I think she will get it , just takes some time. Ty again for all the help and bearing with my in ability to link lol

The Xuen and Chi wave wont be game changing.

The biggest needs for change are the Expel harm, ReM, TFT and MOAR Uplifts! :)

The others will help min max but solid Chi Buliding and ReM/Uplift coverage will provide the biggest increase in performance.