FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zubrowka

I understand peaks and valleys... but damn.

So I understand my World of Logs chart should look like a moutain range when CS spikes me up, but my valleys look terribly low.  Often around 100k dps, what am I doing wrong?

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kiljaeden/Zubrowkah/simple

The only thing that is different now from when the logs were taken is neither of my weapons were upgraded, they now are.

WoL: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/mketvxwka0y6h2cu/sum/damageDone/?s=12118&e=12323

I played a Hunter for years and just started raiding on Warrior about a month ago so still working on the rotation while dodging mechanics.

After looking over it on my own I certainly missed 1-2 Bloodthirst and I believe 1-2 CS.  So any help is greatly appreciated... not used to performing so poorly!

I'm not by any means a warrior expert, but I believe Bloodbath is a better talent than Storm Bolt, in terms of dps. In regards to the rest, I'm really not sure what to look for. Hopefully our resident warrior guru ragebarr comes along and gives you some better critique.

Pretty sure Stormbolt is the best talent after the buff, and the fact that EEoG allows it to be used inside every CS window, though I'm not sure if this applies to the heroic version only.

Pretty sure Stormbolt is the best talent after the buff, and the fact that EEoG allows it to be used inside every CS window, though I'm not sure if this applies to the heroic version only.

I believe you just need the Normal version at a minimum to put SB inside each CS.

Edited by Zubrowka

I believe you just need the Normal version at a minimum to put SB inside each CS.

Flex with 2/2 upgrades is sufficient. Stuck in a raid until I go to bed tonight, but I'll try to look over the logs tomorrow.

Not sure if this makes any difference at all but just in case... my weapons are now totally different on armory as opposed to what i used in those logs.  The logs I was using a 566 and 553 1h'ers for SMF, now on armory its 566 and 561 2h'ers.

No real rush on the reply, just whenever you get a chance.  Will probably have another Malk log from tonight's raid posted tomorrow.

You missed out on 2 CS/Stormbolt, you wasted 3 RB charges (possibly during execute phase by the looks of it. Remember to use RB as a high priority filler in between CS once the boss reaches sub-20%). You only used 1 potion too.

I think part of the issue might be that you're using HS too much instead of WS outside of CS. WS hits slightly harder than HS, the only reason you actually spam HS during CS is that it's off the GCD.

You missed out on 11 BT usages out of 45. It's not too bad really, but it could probably be a bit better.

I also see no use of your T60 talent. Even if you had bladestorm, it's still worth it to use on single target. It can be a bit tricky, but it's a DPS gain nonetheless.

Also, looking at your gear really quickly, make sure you upgrade your weapon and trinket ASAP. Upgrade order for warriors should always be Weapons >>>> Trinkets > rest. Also, if you have a chance to get Thok's Tail Tip to replace Skeer's, do it. Skeer's is only mediocre at best. 

-rage

You missed out on 2 CS/Stormbolt, you wasted 3 RB charges (possibly during execute phase by the looks of it. Remember to use RB as a high priority filler in between CS once the boss reaches sub-20%). You only used 1 potion too.

I think part of the issue might be that you're using HS too much instead of WS outside of CS. WS hits slightly harder than HS, the only reason you actually spam HS during CS is that it's off the GCD.

You missed out on 11 BT usages out of 45. It's not too bad really, but it could probably be a bit better.

I also see no use of your T60 talent. Even if you had bladestorm, it's still worth it to use on single target. It can be a bit tricky, but it's a DPS gain nonetheless.

Also, looking at your gear really quickly, make sure you upgrade your weapon and trinket ASAP. Upgrade order for warriors should always be Weapons >>>> Trinkets > rest. Also, if you have a chance to get Thok's Tail Tip to replace Skeer's, do it. Skeer's is only mediocre at best. 

-rage

Thanks for the help man.  Yeah I already used all my Valor for this week on upgrading my SMF weapons (after a heroic one dropped last week).  So I upgraded both of those on Tuesday and then this Heroic 2her drops last night... and no Valor to upgrade it with.  You should be able to get a refund on upgrades inside the same week you spent them!!

Thok's is like my holy grail.... well not really I've only been on this toon about 6-8 weeks.  That's nothing compared to say waiting all of Vanilla for BWL to drop my tier gloves so I'd be 8/8 and they NEVER dropped!  But I've killed Thok over 20 times from LFR-Normal and saw 1 Warforged Tail Whip that went to our Ret, and I spent my Coins on them forever as I needed the helm as well for a while.

10man loot is kind of craptastic sometimes.

Appreciate the help a lot, love the sticky as well, it's incredibly helpful.

10man loot is kind of craptastic sometimes.

Tell me about it. 27 Flex/Normal Thok kills & 27 bonus rolls, still no Tail Tip.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask :)

• Like 1

Tell me about it. 27 Flex/Normal Thok kills & 27 bonus rolls, still no Tail Tip.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask smile.png

Flex loves to give me the 2h'er!  Vendor'd many of those.