FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
SamuelMelander

Fire mage Dps Issues.

Hello people. I have spend all my time here reading about mages and i have a feeling im underperforming in Raids we did SoO whit guild last night and i was just above tank and its so annoying im starting to get some gear now and i need some proffessional help.

So lets start whit Armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/darkspear/Delorna/simple

So im starting whit, Living bomb, fireball If i get heat i do inferno blast->Pyroblast if i dont get any of them i have macro for Perservence->altertime->Pyroblast and if my combustion Gets Green i use that one after and i keep this rotation.

Hit: 15.11%

Spell haste: 22%

SpellCrit: 35,6%

Spellpower:36k

For my last talent i use inovaction so i use it before fight refresh it when i need it.

Thx for all that replys to help me! :)

/Dosser

It sounds like you're doing everything correctly - would you be able to furnish us with a log/parse for us to check out?

You're not really quite at the item level yet where fire begins to soar, it might be that you just need to focus on uptimes and gather more gear to notice the scaling of fire.

I really need to brush up on fire. I think I'll play it for a week so I can be more helpful to the fire posters.

Your crit is a little bit low for Fire to be competitive with Frost and Arcane, so gear is a big part of that. As Akraen said, we'll need logs to analyze much more.

I just checked whit guild no one is current update world of logs, so ill get right on it. i think next raid i will be in will be monday so then i will update here thx so far poeple :)

I sure hope you do Malkorok, that's the best for me to analyze :P

I'll tweak my tool to work for fire!

Well my guild dont want me to come there yet im low in dps so :/

LFR and flexi are fine as well for the log.

yay!! adding fire to your analysis tool!!!

Dosser, you say "just above the tank" but it looks like you just joined a guild that was already established in heroics. What kind of numbers are you seeing on recount/skada? Logs would be better, but if you have a "ballpark" of how much you got on which boss, and what % is bomb / nuke / combustion/etc. that would help in the meantime.

I see you have 4ptier already and nice trinkets, but a timeless cloak. How far along are you on the legendary chain? The good thing about catching up for that is there's hardly any competition for cloaks that drop in raid. ^^ Your gear looks pretty good actually as far as what raid piece you've already acquired.  Valor upgrades will come with time.

Have you run askmrrobot or any kind of optimization tool?  I put your char in mine, and it came up with a bunch of changes.

Hey mariketa.

im working  on getting World of logs but i need the one from ghuild to accept me and hes been away this weekend just perfect ^^

i know i did 200k on Rock stonetho and only 125k on immerus but logs will soon come smile.png I turned off ingame the numbers how much damage my spells does its to much on the screen and i must focus on fight si u dont know how much my bomb and so on are at when they are aktive.

Legendary Cloak is 1-2weeks away i have 6 runestones now so if im lucky next week but who knows ^^

and after i read your post i went to mr robot and upgraded my gear, its just that i dont like that kind of tool for example i should have crit, and i lost 1% crit jsut doing what mr robot tells me but i gain more spellpower.

EDIT: Legendary Cloak should be 1-2 weeks off im at 6titans now :)

Edited by SamuelMelander

I totally agree with you on hiding damage done meters during fights if it is distracting you. Let the RLs worry about timing stuff :P focus on your feet and your pewpew. I sometimes put up the damage received one instead haha.

I disagree with you on amr and those tools. They can be super super good or terrible, it just depends on how you set up the weights! I am not super mathy myself, so I find those tools helpful.

If you turned off all the #'s, what are you using to track for combustion? (I've been using combustion helper and weak auras to track procs. recently picked up aff dots and like it super well, but it's a bit much all on the screen, might drop something.)

your crit is too low for fire, you want prefibaly 45% to be confortable with fire

40% should be fine.

I thought you were fire but this log is for frost spec? I am not as helpful analyzing frost :)  though Oltier or Akraen might help you on this board. Frost bomb is not usually the preferred choice.

I thought you were fire but this log is for frost spec? I am not as helpful analyzing frost smile.png  though Oltier or Akraen might help you on this board. Frost bomb is not usually the preferred choice.

Have been reading alot i needed around 570+ gear to be proper fire so i went frost and was really lucky this week whit gear so i went fire again and i hope for more luck.