FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Agrobane

I suck

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/dragonblight/Agrobane/advanced

Hi Guys,

My DPS is the lowest in the guild raid progression team right now, and I've been pulling my hair out trying to get it up.

I know you want a set of logs to review but I dont know how to go about getting those for you - which site is best etc?

I think it's fair to say that I'm under some pressure from my guildies to focus more on my Mage alt, but I really want to stick with the Warrior - as I've been playing that for years and I have some man-love for him in my heart.

To give you a feel for "where we are at" we killed our First SoO Heroic Last night, my overall DPS (Recount) for most of the Normal level raids we blast our way through is something like 210K at the end of the evening, but the Pally I'm being measured against, on very similar level gear, is hitting 240-250K.

Is this a fair comparison or is there something I'm missing?

I have to run away a lot more than he does (Whirling Cirruption on Garrosh perfect example) as he just bubbles and carries on smacking him in the face while I'm running for a healer circle and crying for Mummy with all my defensive cooldowns popped.

Any suggestions please?

Hi there,

Firstly good on ya for seeking advice - never an easy thing to do. Secondly people have posted quite a bit on these forums about how to produce and post logs, and a little searching will turn this up either in Google or on the site. WorldOfLogs is a great place to start.

Before anyone can give any advice, they will want to see logs as it's the only data oriented way to assess your execution. So do get on this. Any other advice will be anecdotal and a bit of a stab in the dark.

So here's my stab in the dark! Your gear looks pretty much fine. Your talents, assuming you're raiding Fury, look a little confused, with Bladestorm and Stormbolt. If you're going for AoE you'd want to take blood bath and macro them together. I find Stormbolt largely unnecessary for control, as disrupting shout has a cooldown sufficient for your interupts. That said, AoEing is only of benefit in the first phase, so dragonroar + avatar might be a much better choice.

Secondly man up for those whirlwinds! I like to intervene a ranged, pop berserker stance, pop die by the sword, charge Garrosh, hit enraged regeneration then unload with unlimited rage for 10 seconds. Mix in avatar and dragon roar (clear of minions only) and you can put out some large numbers.

All that said, unless you're using cooldowns correctly, dumping rage with armor debuffs on the target etc. none of this will make any difference. Post some logs and let's have a look!

Best of luck!

Most of the advice posted here is fine, however *never* use Avatar. Your talents are fine. You want to run Bladestorm over DR anytime your bladestorm can hit at least 2 enemies once during the fight. You also want to always run Stormbolt unless the fight requires you to constantly AoE enemies that are going to stay alive for the whole duration of the Bloodbath bleed (Protectors/Galakras, pretty much).

As Beastaly said, Immerseus is not the right fight to compare DPS. This tier, N Iron Juggernaut (if you don't get knocked back) and Malkorok and pretty much the only "target dummy" fights and should be the ones you use to analyze your single target DPS.

Your gear also looks fine for the pieces you have, so I'd need logs to be able to see more in depth. If you can upload a Malkorok parse (or a raid night where you killed malkorok) to either worldoflogs.com or warcraftlogs.com, just post it there and I'll see what I can dig up from it.

Hope this helps,

-rage

edit: For garrosh, you should be able to stay in melee range by alternating DbtS/Shield Wall/DbtS again for ever whirl. If it still hits too hard, remember that you can pop into defensive stance, if you don't need it then make a quick jump in berserker stance for more rage.

Hi guys, thanks for your input.

I now have a WoL account - some logs coming your way after Monday night raiding prob.

Although I tried a test run on a dummy, the logs worked fine but I couldn't copy/paste the http link into this page - what am I doing wrong? (doh)

Also, just a quickie regarding my trinks.

I'm using Norm upgraded EEoG and a warforged Skeers, but I also have a Norm upgraded Thoks Tail tip.

Should I be using the Tail Tip instead of the Skeers?

All advice very welcome, and thanks for your help thus far,

Ooooo just noticed this morning - after posting the logs - that for reasons best known only to a higher power, my Colossus Smash macro didnt have a /cast Heroic Strike at the end. So I will be missing some. It's now been fixed, so going forward I should be squeezing the max number of those out in the damage window.

Just one other thing - honest.

Thanks to the weak auras advice on the warrior forum I'm now using these - and for anyone not using them, you really should be - they're a great help for tracking enrage etc.

On the point of WA - is there any way to show the global cooldown on the icons, in the same way as they're shown on the standard wow icons?

I'm pretty close to getting a full-on heads up display now, but without the cooldown timer ruinning on the face of the icons i tend to be spamming keys too much when they're unavailable, and accidentally triggering the heroic strike I have macro'd underneath them and accidentally burning rage.

Thanks again if you can help.

Agro.

Hello Agro!

Having read your posts, it seems like you have a decent grip on the rotation. The biggest thing that I notice is that your uptime is just over 94%. Losing more than 2-3% uptime can really start to eat away at your numbers.

It has been a long night so I'll take a thorough look at your logs tomorrow if I see that Rage hasn't already gotten to it.

Hi Agro, sorry for the late answer... Beginning of weeks are always crazy for me.

As Krygan said, it doesn't seem like you're doing that bad. There are still, however, a couple points where you could improve.

Looking at the log, it seems that there is a spot where you completely stopped attacking for a while. I assume you got knocked back? If so, remember that you are a warrior and you can Charge or Heroic Leap back to him from mid-air to lose as little damage as possible.

Looking at your abilities uses, try and make sure you use BT on cooldown. On that IJ parse, you used it 34 times out of 53 possibilities. Having it that low hurts your enrage uptime (only 65% instead of a possible 80%+).

Also, you had a total of 33 RB charges, but used only 31. It's not super bad, but it's definitely not optimal to waste RB charges.

11 CS and 11 Stormbolt is right where you want it, and 5 uses of your T60 talent is good too.

Other than that, your number of executes does seem a little low. Remember that sub 20%, execute replaces WS as a rage dump outside of CS and that you want to spam Execute as much as you can during CS.

To summarize, I think it mostly comes down to using BT a bit more and correcting the other smaller issues, and you should see an improvement in your DPS.

Hope this helps, and if you have any other question or if anything wasn't clear feel free to ask,

-rage

Rage, Krygan, thanks to both of you for your help.

As I failed to hide from you Rage, I got knocked back on the first shock pulse - sure DBM was screaming at me - let's call it a brain-f*rt, I just failed to register that something bad was about to happen and I got zapped all the way back to Sweden for it.

With regards to the missing BT's, I figured I was missing some, but had no idea it was that many! This is exactly what I needed to know!

As for being able to charge back in mid flight during shock-pulse, i had no idea! and I am definitely going to do this on purpose now just to try it out on the next run :)

Can't thank you enough for the time you both took to look through my log, I'll put the BT and Execute things right and learn the mid-air charge manouvre, and when the raid team ask where all the extra DPS has come from I shall mention you and Icy Veins by name.

Cheers,

Agro.

Your enrage uptime seems pretty low to me , I just did the same fight with similar gear (2% more crit than you) and have 20% more enrage uptime , are you using your bloodthingy spell and berserker rage correctly ?

I noticed also you have less bloodthirst used and way less raging blow used , make sure you use bloodthirst everytime its up unless you have 2 stack of raging blow during colossus smash and make sure to use your remaining stacks so you dont enrage while being at 2 available stack and doesnt use heroic trow and stuff while you have raging blow available , at your crit level you shouldnt worry about storing raging blow stack for colossus smash as almost every bloodthirst is critical and you have berserker rage in case of bad luck

Edited by AnIh