FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Okumay

Disc 2 set > warforged?

Hey guys. So I'm gearing up my disc priest and I was lucky enough to get the warforged legs off of Ordos pretty quickly. But last night I was running flex 4 and got my 2 set (shoulders and legs). I was just wondering if it would be better to use the flex legs for my 2 set or continue to use the warforged legs. Thanks!

The 4-set is debatable, but 2-set is manditory, keep it at going at all costs. 

That being said, do killl one of the 4 spirits every week for chance at SoO normal leveled tier.  Maybe you'll get the gloves and you'll be able to use those new warforged pants. 

Yeah, the 2set is worth the stats loss, and the 4set is nice w/amp trinket but not really a necessity. Also if I'm not mistaken the ordos pants don't have crit so they aren't the best for disc, but if you get another teir piece by all means use them :)

Just don't get rid of them! Once you get a third piece you can wear the two pieces of non-pants tier so that you can use WF'd while waiting for your four-piece (and then if you get five pieces, you can wear them again :P)

Yes, the 2pc is worth using over the WF pc.  Like everyone has mentioned, keep the WF and stay on top of trying to pick up another tier pc so you can re-equip it when RNG, Lord of WoW, smiles on you.  Lastly, now that you have 2pc make sure you are tracking your AA closely to keep your uptime as high as possible.  Grats on the tier and about time you showed your Disc some SoO love!

Edited by Gwenymph
  • Like 2

Do what u have to to keep the 2pc. Make sure you are keeping it active as much as possible to make the sacrifice worth it.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Archimage
      About: I've decided to make a guide on Leveling Heirlooms since I did not find any quick guides for it. This is my first guide, so please feel free to give some constructive feedback   What are Heirlooms: Heirlooms are items which stats scale with your character's level, reducing the need to replace gear whose stats are becoming too low for your level.  
      Heirloom Collections Tab: A new Heirloom system has been introduced in 6.1, adding all your heirlooms to your Collections, where they can be easily accessed without having to mail the heirlooms to other characters. Already earned heirlooms will be added to the collection once you have logged in with the character that has the heirlooms in their bank/bag. Any newly purchased heirlooms will automatically be added to your collection. To use a heirloom, simply find and click on it in the Heirlooms tab, and it will be placed in your inventory, and then equip it. You can also recreate the same heirloom if you want to dual-wield it, or have two trinkets or rings of the same type.
        Categories: Heirlooms can be divided into the following 4 categories, based on what stats they give:    Strength-Haste - Gear for Melee damage dealers that requires more haste than crit. These pieces were the tanking pieces, but the Parry/Dodge stats were changed in 6.0  
      Strength-Crit  - Gear for Melee damage dealers that requires more crit than haste.
      Agility - Gear for Melee+Ranged damage dealers
      Intellect - Gear for Spell-caster Damage Dealers and Healers
      There are also subcategories for armor types, like Cloth, Leather, Mail and Plate.
      There are also subcategories for slots, like Chest, Shoulder, Leggings, Weapons etc
      How to buy Leveling Heirlooms:   Heirlooms can be brought with the following currencies: Gold (g) Burning Blossoms (Midsummer Fire Festival)
      Tricky Treat (Hallow's End)
      Coin of Ancestry (Lunar Festival)
      Mark of Honor (PvP)
      Timewarped Badge (Timewalking)
        Darkmoon Prize Ticket (DPT) Champion's Seals (CS)   From these vendors: Alliance: Krom Stoutarm Horde: Estelle Gendry Guild Vendors: (A) Shay Pressler / (H) Goram  
      Head, Shoulder, Chest, Cloak and Pants pieces cost 500 gold / 50 Darkmoon Prize Tickets / 25 Champion's Seals One-handed weapons (except the fist weapons) cost 650 gold / 50 Darkmoon Prize Tickets / 25 Champion's Seals  Two-handed weapons cost 750 gold / 75 Darkmoon Prize Tickets / 40 Champion's Seals Off-hand weapons cost 500 gold / 50 Darkmoon Prize Tickets / 25 Champion's Seals Trinkets cost 700 gold / 70 Darkmoon Prize Tickets / 35 Champion's Seals The New Neck pieces cost 700 gold   Once you have brought a new heirloom, it's starting level range will be from level 1 to 60, meaning it will stop to scale up once you have reached level 60. This level cap can be increased twice by upgrading the piece with these tokens.    Armor (1-90): Ancient Heirloom Armor Casing costs 100 gold / 100 Darkmoon Prize Tickets / 55 Champion's Seals / 2000 Honor Armor (1-100): Timeworn Heirloom Armor Casing costs 2000 gold Weapon (1-90): Ancient Heirloom Scabbard costs 1200 gold / 120 Darkmoon Prize Tickets / 65 Champion's Seals / 2400 Honor Weapon (1-100): Timeworn Heirloom Scabbard costs 5000 gold   List of Heirlooms per Category   Strength-Haste Plate (Warrior / Paladin / Death Knights) Head: Burnished Helm of Might Shoulders:Burnished Pauldrons of Might Chest: Burnished Breastplate of Might  Back: Ripped Sandstorm Cloak Leggings: Burnished Legplates of Might Ring: Dread Pirate Ring Weapon: Bloodsoaked Skullforge Reaver Shield: Flamescarred Draconian Deflector
      Health Trinket: Swift Hand of Justice Mana Trinket: Discerning Eye of the Beast     Strength-Crit Plate (Warrior / Paladin / Death Knights) Head:Polished Helm of Valor Shoulders:Polished Spaulders of Valor Chest: Polished Breastplate of Valor Back: Worn Stoneskin Gargoyle Cape Leggings: Polished Legplates of Valor Ring: Dread Pirate Ring 2H Axe: Bloodied Arcanite Reaper Dual Wield 1H Sword: Bloodsoaked Skullforge Reaver  Health Trinket: Swift Hand of Justice Mana Trinket: Discerning Eye of the Beast  
      Agility Mail (Hunter, Enhancement Shaman) Head:Tarnished Raging Berserker's Helm Shoulders: Champion Herod's Shoulder Chest: Champion's Deathdealer Breastplate Back:Back:Inherited Cape of the Black Baron (Can be used by Agility Leather characters) Leggings:Tarnished Leggings of Destruction Ring: Dread Pirate Ring Dual Wield 1H Mace: Venerable Mass of McGowan (Combat Rogues can use this) Bow: Charmed Ancient Bone Bow Health Trinket: Swift Hand of Justice Mana Trinket: Discerning Eye of the Beast   Intellect Mail (Elemental/Restoration Shaman, Holy Paladins) Head: Mystical Coif of Elements Shoulders:Mystical Pauldrons of Elements Chest: Mystical Vest of Elements Back: Ancient Bloodmoon Cloak (Also used by Intellect Cloth and Intellect Leather) Leggings:Mystical Kilt of Elements Ring: Dread Pirate Ring 1H Mace: Devout Aurastone Hammer Staff: Dignified Headmaster's Charge Shield: Weathered Observer's Shield Health Trinket: Swift Hand of Justice Mana Trinket: Discerning Eye of the Beast   Agility Leather (Rogue, Feral Druid, Windwalker Monk. To a lesser extent Enhancement Shamans and Hunters) Head:Stained Shadowcraft Cap Shoulders: Stained Shadowcraft Spaulders Chest: Stained Shadowcraft Tunic Back:Inherited Cape of the Black Baron (Can be used by Agility Mail characters) Leggings:Stained Shadowcraft Pants Ring: Dread Pirate Ring  
      Dual Wield 1H Sword: Venerable Dal'Rend's Sacred Charge Dual Wield 1H Mace: Venerable Mass of McGowan (Enhancement Shamans can use this)   Dual Wield Daggers: Balanced Heartseeker Staff (Feral Druids): Burnished Warden Staff  Bow: Charmed Ancient Bone Bow  Health Trinket: Swift Hand of Justice Mana Trinket: Discerning Eye of the Beast  
      Intellect Leather (Balance/Restoration Druids, Mistweaver Monk) Head: Preened Tribal War Feathers Shoulders: Preened Ironfeather Shoulders Chest: Preened Ironfeather Breastplate  Back: Ancient Bloodmoon Cloak (Also used by Intellect Cloth and Intellect Mail) Leggings: Preened Wildfeather Leggings Ring: Dread Pirate Ring   1H Mace: Devout Aurastone Hammer  Staff: Dignified Headmaster's Charge Health Trinket: Swift Hand of Justice Mana Trinket: Discerning Eye of the Beast     Intellect Cloth (Mage, Priest, Warlock) Head: Tattered Dreadmist Mask Shoulders:Tattered Dreadmist Mantle Chest: Tattered Dreadmist Robe  Back: Ancient Bloodmoon Cloak (Also used by Intellect Leather and Intellect Mail) Leggings: Tattered Dreadmist Leggings Ring: Dread Pirate Ring   Staff: Dignified Headmaster's Charge  Off-Hand: Musty Tome of the Lost Health Trinket: Swift Hand of Justice Mana Trinket: Discerning Eye of the Beast  
      Collecting 35 heirlooms will reward you with a Chauffeured Chopper, which can be used as a mount from level 1.
    • By Divinorum
      Hey guys, I've got a question this morning specific to raiding as a Priest. I'm currently a raiding priest that's 10/10 Heroic BRF, and up until now I've been raiding with our progression team as Holy. I've played this spec because our guild already has an established Disc priest in the raid (he's the raid leader) and being lower on the totem pole means you have to compromise for the good of the raid (if you wanna get into the raid!). Prior to joining my current guild, I had been a Disc priest and was very, very comfortable playing that spec.

However, I really haven't enjoyed playing Holy very much. It took me a few weeks to bed into this new spec (which I'd never really played very much), and get the needed muscle memory in place so that I was operating at high efficiency. After sticking through that initial adjustment period, I feel I have the knack for it. My numbers have improved markedly week over week, but... I just can't generate the same HPS as a Holy priest. It's becoming frustrating because it's starting to suck the joy out of the game for me. My logs show that as a Holy priest I often rank middle of the pack or worse when it comes to HPS and percentile rankings. Flip that to Disc, and I'm among the *most* efficient, regularly scoring above the 85th percentile.

Does anyone know of or have evidence of a guild utilizing 2 disc priests for endgame/progression raiding? I'd be very interested to see how they handle healing assignments so that there's no overlap on the weakened soul debuff, and they can both operate at max efficiency. I've seen bits here and there that suggest one Disc takes Clarity of Will and tank heal, while the other takes Words of Mending and prioritizes Holy Nova a little higher in their spell selection. But, I've not seen any logs that corroborate that anecdotal evidence.

Any evidence that this is a viable raiding setup would be awesome. I really want to enjoy raiding with my priest and want to continue doing so. But doing it as Holy for the long haul just isn't appealing to me at all. The spec frustrates me to no end. And finding a new guild that'll let me be Disc isn't the answer, I love my guild. The raid leader is open to the idea of 2 discs, and I just want to show him evidence it's viable. If there's a shot it could be done, I'd like to know.

• By Havoclord
      Searched the forums and couldn't find the answer I was looking for. I typically raid with a disc priest, holy pally and either a monk or shammy. I can top the meters or come a very respectable second if the disc priest is not there. I understand how powerful the absorbs are with the priest but I feel I shouldn't drop from 1st to 4th or even 5th behind the DK tank. Gruul, Oregorger and Flame are the ones I see the biggest swings in.

What I am looking for is play-style tips not a picking apart of my logs or gear.

As an example I am currently run germination, incarnation and nature's vigil. What combination is better to reduce over healing and not battle the absorbs

Thanks for the help in advance.

• By Vekja
      I have been raiding since Naxx on my priest so I like to think I kinda know what I am doing? but... it would seem that I know nothing when you look at my HPS.. My output is just so sub par. I have a lot of off nights where it would seem as though I have no idea what I am doing.. and other nights where I do ok.. but lately it's been less ok and more bad.. SO. With that being said..This is getting to the point where I am thinking hard about maining something else because I feel so inadequate.. super depressing.. because I love my priest.

I would like to note that I am really pushing AA tonight which I had not been doing for the last month at least. Some of the weeks I was doing very well without it, top on the meters by a long shot even.. but I read the other priests thread where they were asking for help and it was suggested that AA should be used more. I tend to bubble.. like, constantly... I am refusing to believe that it is the fact that I pretty consistantly raid at aroudn 600ms world latency and about 500-600 home. It has been this way since I began playing and like I said, there are times when I have been top.

I dunno. I am at a loss. I am sad and looking for help. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Logs:https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/zMYcKW8T6G14vhyk/#type=healing&source=8
      Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Vekja/simple
    • By Hiheals
      Please forgive the length of this post and the number of questions within it,  I have serious brain fog having confused myself thoroughly after 3 weeks  trying to get them resolved! Any help you can give this old bird would be sooo appreciated! 

Background.
      I have for a number of years used bartender, weak auras and Vuhdo (mouseover local keysets) never quite attaining a smooth and minimalist ui that I sought.  With the lack of updates due to the authors retirement of Vuhdo (my absolute favorite add-on) I have decided to go over to Elv ui and use its inbuilt raid frames as it has been recommended to me by others.

I have tried grid, healbot and can't get on with them after using Vuhdo.   So far as I understand I will still be able to utilise some of my add-ons being VEM (audio version of DBM), GTFO, RSA & Weak Auras (tracks many cd's/events including rapture) and I also will require the clique add-on which I have installed.  

Input Devices
      I use a Logitech G600 mouse 12 thumb buttons (x3)  Binds for each of the 3 sets are bound 1 to =, ALT+CTL+1 to =, SHIFT+ALT+1 to = and are also mapped within the mouse software.  I have read that gaming mice can cause issues with Elv raid frames/clique?

I also have a G13 gamepad which is too large for my hand so I use it only for mod keys (shift alt ctrl g600 function key, mode key)  and movement via the joystick, I use the keyboard for chat everything else is bound to mouse or gamepad.  Not sure if this paragraph is relevant but I have included it for completeness just in case.

Questions about ELV Ui

1. Keybinds I have a number of characters and my keybinds should be global so that I can just slot the different spells into the toolbars which mimic the layout of my mouse on each character.  Is this possible or do I have to create keybind sets for each character?  Previously I would create a mouseover or sequence macro in game and drop it into the toolbar which I would then create a local key within vuhdo for the particular macro to the keybind in game.  It is my understanding that the local key is set within clique for use with elvui raidframe?

2. Raidframes If you could help me with howto's on these (grovel,grovel)

I know there are options on the right hand side for [ ] operators but I cant seem to select them by clicking on the list when I go back into the box to type them they have disappeared from view (yes yes, wrote them down lol)

a) Way toooo much colour going on here!  I am used to just 3 green, yellow, red, depending on health level over opaque black I can't see how to do this or if it is actually possible.

b) Text Name in class colour - can't get this right either I think its to do with the other colours underneath - help!

c) Agro Indicator? Id like a <<>> mark or a red border around the frame if someone has threat or at least something that is easy to detect.

d) Size is it possible to select a max size and have the bars resize themselves to fit within the frame?

e) Sorting I prefer to have just one frame, Vertical lists, with tanks first, then healers (me first), Melee dps and then ranged dps then pets and not to show them again in groups redundantly Ive tried the various sorting options can't seem to get this right.

f) Role Icon I have this selected for top right but it appears in the middle on the left - baffled.

g) Buffs & Debuffs I prefer to see the icons for these - say buffs on top area of the bar and debuffs on the bottom of the bar? would be nice to see only dispellable debuffs or just a different bar colour when they are applied, again having trouble with it.

h) AOE advice/Bouquets couldnt find this.

Clique
       Hovercast for mouseover I think but then what about the other macros?  Specifically multi functionality "help mouseover,focus,self, harm mouseovertargettarget," do I bind them in friendly or enemy or just as hovercast I am totally confused by this let alone how to do a dual profile per character.  I have checked out guides on utube but I remain bemused. Not sure where to start?

I also see that there has been no update for this since September 2013 I do hope it will be updated in the future.

Macros

My out of date brain is seriously fried about these I have tried so many syntax combos I just can't get them to work properly.

I need all, well most of my spells to be mouseover some will need to be dual functioning as the elv raid frames don't show players targets.
      Priority for .help being mouseover, focus, self if nothing mouseovered or targetted
      Priority for .harm, using shift as a mod, mouseovertargetstarget, my mouseoverfocus's target if I am not mousing over anything, then my mouseover or selected enemy target these will include one healing spell and one harm spell.

I need a sequence macro again with the above priorities and the shift as a mod for .jharm The harm sequence should not clip penance if spammed and should continue to cast the other spells if penance/pws is on cd.  

Harm spells I want to include in this are Shadow Word: Pain, Power Word: Solace, Penance, Smite, Smite, Smite
      healing spells Power Word: Shield, Renew if this could be cast on the enemys target as an option aswell that would be just awesome.  There are some out there but I can't find these targetting combos specifically.  With regards to a reset command, don't understand it enough to say.  

If you need all the syntax for the failed attempts I can let you have them, although I don't see any purpose being served by them and this post is way too long as it is!

If there is anything I need to clarify please ask!

Thanking you all so so much in advance.