FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
tog

advice needed

im thinking of giving fury a chance though i havent played it for years, with the expectation of pushing up my dps.

well here is my armory:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/deathwing/Teliwmenos/simple

also ive got those two pieces i am not using at the moment as they dont got crit on them:

Ashen Wall Girdle

Thranok's Shattering Helm

got lfr eeog and thoks trinket and as far as my rest of weapons, ive got:

Greatsword of Pride's Fall

Gar'tok, Strength of the Faithful

so what u guys think Arms or Fury?

currently my raid group is trying to kill garrosh, though yesterday some we ended up wiping on thok (since a lot of the main dpsers were missing) with me doing between 140k~180k depending on tries

Hello tog,

It looks to me like your gear is more than good enough to enjoy a solid single target dps boost by switching to Fury.

Depending on the needs of your raid group, you may want to keep your Arms spec for a select few encounters (e.g. Fallen Protectors, Spoils, Galakras) since, in my opinion, Fury AoE does not scale quite as well until the higher item levels. If this isn't an option, don't stress! Fury AoE is still quite strong with proper use of Bladestorm and Bloodbath. As your ilvl progresses, you'll probably find yourself preferring your Fury dps output over Arms in all of the SoO encounters anyways.

As for weapon choice, you'll want to keep Xal'atoh in your mainhand and use the Greatsword in your offhand.

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!

Edited by Krygan

You're logged off in prot atm, so I can't really add anything more. Unless you can reach 30%+ crit or you have previous experience with Fury, you might find the rotation to be pretty frustrating and complicated compared to Arms. Also, the rule of thumb is to always equip your higher ilvl weapon in your mainhand, and your 2nd best weapon in your offhand.

hey thx for response

my current stats as arms are 32.35% crit / 44.93 mastery/45482 ap unbuffed

weapon is flex xalatoh and got 2 x set (normal gloves/legs).Also got every single weapon from lfr (1h and 2h)

yesterday i looted Xifeng, Longblade of the Titanic Guardian

im wondering if i should start with smf as i can get a higher 1h weapon.Also should i swap lfr set helm for the helm linked above?

Since it will allow you to keep your 2pc set bonus, switch the helm.

Rule of thumb for weapons is: the higher the ilvl, the better. Therefore, in your case you'd probably be better off as SMF until you can get a Normal+ 2h weapon.

So a few weeks went by (blizzard also made raids xrealm--thanks to that as well) and this is where i am now

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/91becc1d-47d6-406b-b151-e9150f592332

i also have the normal head and shoulders pieces, an extra essence from garosh and an extra 2handed sword from pride and that would be all for my dps pieces in my bags.

Any ideas if i

1) should change my warforged crit/haste helm for the set helm?

2) Should i go even further and change warforged helm+shoulders for the set ones and get the 4set bonus?

3) should i start looking for hrc groups with my gear? i usually go around 200+ k dps as arms atm at most single target encounters(malkorok,thok,)

At your gear level, and more-so if you have a 2nd 2 hander laying around, you should consider trying Fury. As long as you can master the rotation it'll do better than arms.

1) Only if you have the malkorok legs to replace the tier legs with.

2) No. 4 set really isn't that great this tier.

3) Only you can know when you're comfortable enough to try and do heroics, but most heroic groups i've seen and been in usually have their dps doing around 250k to 350k.

so i used the setup above with a normal weapon from sha to go fury the other night and i kinda failed up on the rotation pretty badly.i belive i did around 40k dps lower than what i would had done with arms.

here are some logs from that first raid i tried fury

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/zm3ZFY2ab7CH4DV9

However i was pretty lucky to loot chest from shamans,warforged malkorok legs and malkorok amulet from a coin during that raid :O

so my setup looks kinda like this

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/83e129ad-3927-4356-b48f-54d73a225137

i tried again fury in garosh and it kinda looked like this

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/M7WJfmYKGzjNFgth

so now im wondering, should i change my warforged shoulders from galakras Krugruk's Rigid Shoulderplates for the garosh normal ones? Spaulders of the Fallen Warchief