FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
wombocombo

Quick question about the first mage bomb in a fight

So when you cast your first frostbolt (or whatever spec respective spell) do you guys wait for the spell to land before applying Mage Bomb?  I might be late here but I noticed that because I was using mage bomb as soon as I finished casting frostbolt I'm missing out on a mage bomb with all of the trinket/meta procs because the first spell actually hasn't landed yet, as opposed to waiting a half a second or so until the frostbolt hits the target and all of the buffs are up.

Is it common to wait a split second for the first spell to land to use bomb?

Depends of the fight. If Frozen Orb is used on pull, I do something like precast frostbolt, frostbolt, frozen orb, berzerk (trolls yay!) + mage bomb (on several ennemies on shamans or fallen protectors) and then icy veins + frostbolt(s) followed by alter time whenever I get the most benefits from it (generally maximum trinket procs with 2 FoF procs (should be guaranteed) and brain freeze

I wait for my initial procs to happen, otherwise I have to spend a GCD refreshing it to snapshot. I don't wait long, basically if Frozen Orb and the first frostbolt don't proc my stuff, I just cast it anyway.

I wait for my initial procs to happen, otherwise I have to spend a GCD refreshing it to snapshot. I don't wait long, basically if Frozen Orb and the first frostbolt don't proc my stuff, I just cast it anyway.

its better to use bomb at start especially it will trigger meta gem then u get brain freezes which u can spam along with fof while altering time

so my openening goes like this

1. pre-frost bolt

2. instant frost bolt cuz i have presence of the mind but not on the all bosses

3. living bomb

4. frozen orb

5. icy veins/images/alter time macro

6. when i have 2 FoF and FFB and i use them i use living bomb before alter time gets me "back in time"

better version is if u dont have time to do living bomb in those 6 seconds which means u did get more FoF and FFB then u just living bomb when alter time is gone

But well there might be some other better version of opening seqeunce im up to learn it if there is smile.png

with 564 ilvl i can burst up to 350-450k depends how fast my trinkets proc

Edited by Blackd

It's really not.

Before combat you can spend GCDs on:

Mirror images

Potion

Frozen Orb

Frostbolt x1

At combat you can spend your GCDs in this order:

Ice Lance (expected to happen)

Bomb application

Frostbolts

Brain freeze

So all I'm saying is, your frozen orb + first frostbolt should give you at least something. Begin casting the frostbolt before combat starts so it's mid-air and lands after pull, which then procs your stuff.