FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Peelyon

MoP Engineering

Ok guys not too much to shout about really.

A new belt boost that helps you sprint on water / swim faster for 6 seconds (meh)

Usual scope upgrades

An expertise gun (can't see a hunter craftable)

Only really decent thing appears to be

inv_pet_lilsmoky.jpgBlingtron 4000 oh and sha_spell_fire_felfirenova.jpgWormhole Generator: Pandaria

In all honesty I'm a little disappointed. Theres a 476 ilvl blue head item, a couple of mounts and a pet but nothing that feels like a true new gadget, it makes Looterang look good!

Edited by Peelyon
  • Like 1

I like bling... I like presents... when he says anyone does that mean if you are in a group with an engineer but you are not one yourself you still get a shiny?

There's actually some really cool additions.

The cogwheel gems and head items are back, hopefully they keep iterating them this time. There's even a trinket with 3 cogwheel sockets (Helms and Gems).

There's some non-engineering specific items as well, the inv_pet_lilsmoky.jpgThermal Anvil looks quite interesting as do the inv_helmet_47.jpgMist-Piercing Goggles for gathering professions.

There are 2 new mounts and a new pet.

I like bling... I like presents... when he says anyone does that mean if you are in a group with an engineer but you are not one yourself you still get a shiny?

Bling does indeed look cool, I hope the package holds some cool items. For as far as I know everyone can get the package, even if you're not an engineer. At least that's what the tooltip suggests.

There's actually some really cool additions.

The cogwheel gems and head items are back, hopefully they keep iterating them this time. There's even a trinket with 3 cogwheel sockets (Helms and Gems).

There's some non-engineering specific items as well, the inv_pet_lilsmoky.jpgThermal Anvil looks quite interesting as do the inv_helmet_47.jpgMist-Piercing Goggles for gathering professions.

There are 2 new mounts and a new pet.

Bling does indeed look cool, I hope the package holds some cool items. For as far as I know everyone can get the package, even if you're not an engineer. At least that's what the tooltip suggests.

If cogwheels are as bad as Cata then its another waste, not really excited about a portable anvil / farming goggles either. The mats for the goggles seem to use the "new" chaos orbs so will cost a fortune to craft at the beginning.

There is also the mysterious "Hydraulic Socket" found on the new top tier weapons.

http://mop.wowhead.com/item=86988

http://mop.wowhead.com/item=87164

http://mop.wowhead.com/item=87176

http://mop.wowhead.com/item=87156

Which sounds as though it will hold a "gem" that Engineers make. Should actually make the profession a real participant in the server economy.

EDIT

Well crap. Further research shows that the "Hydraulic" moniker was a temporary one. They're now "Sha-touched" sockets on the live builds.

Edited by viciousMinion

The wormhole will be useful, but other than that, it really feels that the profession is lacking. That said, I haven't spent much time on professions this far, as I'm focusing on our class and faction guides ;)

I got engineering on my shaman since TBC. I feel really bad seeing these so-called "new recipes". The wormhole it's same of WOTLK but revamped in pandaria style (what a fantastic brand new idea) and actually i don't find interesting neither the goggles (which i don't use, because many like me could have eng+ "another crafting profession" - like JC for me - making this actually USELESS, cause i don't have gathering professions on my eng) nor the anvil (which i don't find particularly smart... who the hell is gonna smelt / craft around the world?).

The bling thing is pretty funny, but it's just 1%.

It's a shame that a funny and various profession like eng has been raped through the last 2 expansions. I want back my goblin rocket launcher and sort of funny things. :(

TL; DR.

As OP said, to me, engineering doesn't worth to be skilled, it's just a waste of materials.

Nuff said.

The profession of engineering has only a few useful gadgets, in general. Jeeves is nice to have but leatherworking, tailoring, and blacksmithing are far more useful. At least up to Cata, engineering and inscription seem to be taking a back seat to the other three. I have one toon with both engineering and inscription, unfortunately, and neither profession has paid off like the others. I may drop both as soon as the toons are leveled to 90 and I have mats to level up another BS, LW or Tailor combo.

An expertise gun (can't see a hunter craftable)

Expertise will actually be a hunter stat now so that will actually be used by them. which will actually only be used by them since the ranged weapon slot is now removed and bows/guns etc.. count as a main hand.

But yes all in all engineering seems lame. The mounts look decent but nothing over the top. Unless the implement more cog sockets into gear than I will definitely be swapping to a new profession.

Edited by Soultrain

Engineering is hands down the best profession for a lot of classes. At the beginning of the xpac, the cogwheels, helm, trink are bound to be best in slot for most. Even after that the bonuses are comparable or better than other professions. We have tons of awesome utility and random crap. I don't see what there is to complain about.

Engineering is hands down the best profession for a lot of classes. At the beginning of the xpac, the cogwheels, helm, trink are bound to be best in slot for most. Even after that the bonuses are comparable or better than other professions. We have tons of awesome utility and random crap. I don't see what there is to complain about.

I agree, I use the gadgets, enjoy the pets and mounts, and I still use my Northrend wormhole gen...

I guess my biggest complaint would be it's profession as compared to other crafting professions. Engineers have very little to craft and sell for use as a gear enhancement and gear itself for that matter, especially as raids and heroic End Time made even the engineer-only helm worthless. Leatherworking, tailoring, and blacksmithing all have pattern drops from DS which, in my opinion, make them far superior crafting professions. Even the gemcutters are getting in on the action and able to make lots of gold. I do like Jeeves a lot and would hate to give him up again.