FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Mephisto

TellMeWhen for Elemental

Hey guys, loving Elemental now Iam up to lvl70, finally seeing the dps I was after.

Was wondering though as a huge addon fan what I should be tracking with TellMeWhen.
Currently I use it for my Lightning Shield and Lava Burst, is it possible to setup a combined timer for my fire and earth elemental pets that shows me a countdown from when thier active until thier finished?

The timer I currently have is OmniCC for when the two totems can be active again but I want something that shows me how much longer thier up for.
As both cant be active at once it would be ideal to just use the one button.

Is there anything else I need to track?

Finally, is TellMeWhen a good option over say Weak Aura's?

I've tried both and found them similar but most people swear by one or the other, is there a preference?

Edited by Mephisto

I know nothing about TellMeWhen, but people who have tried both tell me WeakAuras2 is far far superior to TMW. You can make literally anything in WA. So I'd recommend that :)

Tracking to ensure you always have a Fire totem down is good. I also like to track major cooldowns like Ascendance.

The default UI has a pretty good spell callout for Lava Surge and Rolling Thunder, so I haven't bothered with that.  (There's merit in making a Rolling Thunder display for 6 stacks instead of 7, though, especially if you're running high mastery + EotE.  I did the same with Maelstrom Weapon stacks 3 and 4 for my enhancement spec.)  I did make a weakaura that flashes a really annoying thing in the middle of my screen if I don't have a fire totem down in combat.  I'm thinking I should make some for my CDs for heroic progression, we're currently running into the "reliably wipe at 1%" part of Norushen progression; I'll post what I've got here once I get some I'm happy with.

Weakauras is a pretty great tool, nearly infinitely customizable and a lot easier than it looks.  I highly recommend it.

Ok, I have tried Weak Auras before on my Lock but TellMeWhen seemed easier, maybe I just did it wrong.

I'll give Weak Auras a go again on this Shammy and see how it goes, is it possible to track both pets on the one button for a timer until they expire using it?

Thats my main thing I'am after but I'll add whatever else I can with Weak Auras.

Thanks guys.

The trick with WA is to break what you want it to do down into small sections, then make those separately. Put them into a group together and suddenly you have a very complicated aura! :)

track ancestral guidance, healing tide totem, astral shift and shamanistic rage. ascendance too if you have to, but chances are you'll be chomping at the bit for that one to come off cd so you'll just end up on it yourself.

macro /stopcasting into astral shift and shamanistic rage.

i too enjoy the blizz ui tracking for fulm and lava surge, but if you really like using addons, get something to scream at you nonstop if your target doesnt have flame shock. flame shock uptime is #1.

oh and btw, the regular earth ele does about as much total damage as a lightning bolt or two. mastery and echo rng will swing your dps more by the end of a fight. just keep that searing totem down and find a way to time it so that fire ele is out when you hero. fire ele likes haste.