FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Karmageddon

Garrosh 10m Normal is right there yet so far away...

Garrosh 10m Normal

Tanks: Prot Paladin and Blood DK

Healers: Holy Paladin and Resto Shaman

Melee: Mut Rogue, Fury Warrior and Ret Paladin

Range: Survival Hunter, Destro Lock(PUG) and Ele Shaman(PUG)

From last night's attempts, that was roughly our make up. We did go through 2 other Locks and one of our own guys hopped toons from RDruid to RShaman.

The weeks prior went the same, sadly. The bulk of the time it's 8 guildies with 2 pugs and we seem to be all over the place with our wipes. We do have a few folks who die at certain spots often and we've gotten onto them several times about it.

Interrupts on MCs tend to be an issue ( myself and our hunter are top interrupters by a lot at times...) as well as handling personal adds, healers get help from the DPS.

6 of us are 14/14 as we go out into /2 and pug into a Garrosh lockout, yet when we're together we seem to not click at all with getting everything organized.

I (Mut Rogue) personally seem to not being doing as well as I feel I should. I'm able to utilize vendetta and blades on Garrrosh once before phase change and each time during the phase changes to help burn him down before we transition back to his chamber. But I feel my DPS is subpar at times.

We've changed strats 3 times in the past 2 weeks, 1. two stack points for Desecrate 2. two stack points with 3rd phase range stacking on stairs and dropping desecrate around the wall 3. one stack point, heal through desecrates while dpsing everything at once.

One of my officers and I were recently discussing that perhaps we're just out off sync with our raid CDs or we don't have enough and perhaps our raid comp just isn't working for us.

Our logs from last night:

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/7ibo1tivr6grw8uz/

Fights 8 and 9 were our best attempts on Normal, 10 and 11 were on FXR mode and we wiped on 10th...

We appreciate your time in reviewing our logs and all advice you can throw our way.

~ Karmavenom

We have a very similar raiding team and we had it when we first killed garrosh. We only had a guardian druid instead of your prot paladin and a priest & druid as the healers. I don't think the healer class makes a big difference here.

There is only 1 problem with your team composition - three paladins. But that shouldn't be a huge problem.

You say it by yourself - the interrupts are a problem and they shouldn't be. Not until the last phase. Note you have 3 paladins, they all can stun. Your prot paladin can also interrupt and silence using his shield. Usually you need only 1-2 interrupt on every MC. Watch the MC timer and make your people stack around Garrosh before MC. Make sure everybody has their interrupt bound on a key.

Also, don't underestimate the fact that pugs have to learn the fight. The fight takes time to learn.

In which spots are your players dying?

This is the video from our first kill with a similar raid composition. Unfortunately, from the point of view of a melee (rogue).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d49-cftmvZQ&feature=youtu.be%20%5C

Edited by Astherion

Often we've got a range and a melee who die at the stairs Add in the red crane phase when Garrosh slams his annihilate, as I was talking with a few others they've given the advice that it's our tank positioning, which I'll remedy this coming week.

Due to MCs not stacking 1-2 of the range get stunned in desecrate and die and unfortunately our BDK tank dies 2-3x a night at the first pull of adds.

Thanks for the vid as this one shows a closer view of what's going on, I seem to find rogue PoV vids that are zoomed way out and I play that was as well, perhaps I'll bring my camera in a bit.

5 of us grabbed 5 pugs a bit ago and got it knocked down, A couple of my guys got their achievement and after reviewing the vid I was able to smooth out my personal transitions, thanks again.

~ KaRmA

ive found in a lot of groups that people arent hitting the mcs hard enough. dont be afraid to maybe kill them. they almost always bounce back, and once mc's get empowered you need to be quick on hitting them very hard right away. as an ele i save a 7 stack for mc and if i get a lava surge proc i'll bank that for 5 sec or so to make sure the job gets done. i tell ppl to hit them full power with everything except executes. even a 3 orb DP is okay for spriests if youre quick and the mc has above 75% hp still.

the only problem my group has had since we started trying to kill mcs, is that we hit a mage so hard that the mc cauterized. that crazy alter time buff they have may have also been involved.

Often we've got a range and a melee who die at the stairs Add in the red crane phase when Garrosh slams his annihilate, as I was talking with a few others they've given the advice that it's our tank positioning, which I'll remedy this coming week.

Red crane - dps should never attack the add before the tank taunts and turns the add away from the dps. When the add is killed, always move from the stairs fast.

Getting stunned in desecrate can be a problem but your healers should handle it (if they are not undergeared). Make sure they dispel after MC. We had some problems when players were applying dots on mind controlled players (poisons, diseases) and healing them later was a bit hard without a dispel.

However, the biggest problem is usually the movement. Ranged to tack for desecrate, everybody to stack for mc and everybody to stack for the corruption (or use some immunity to stay in melee range, spread for the empowered corruption). It's very helpful if you use raidcall/muble/ventrilo/teamspeak and shout to people to stack/spread :)

We have a general rule of not using any more DoT effects on the MCs as you have to to execute proper burst on them (The disease linked to HB comes to mind as one of the "mandatory" dots) and we havent been having much issues with those. Its imperative for the team to understand how high priority the MCs are. Once that gets through to everyone, it should be smooth sailing for the most part at least until the very hectic P3.

Edited by Ceraius

Sadly, this past week we ran into the same problems of the week prior.

MC'd healers getting stunned in desecrate, tanks not facing the adds toward Garrrosh in Red Crane, DOTs being put on folks and as of thursday night, we noticed 2-3 range going out in BFE during empowered resulting in an add being dropped out there and folks just simply not DPSing it or their add down...

I stream from a melee point of view and it's hard to see which range/healer is not doing something correctly. Any ideas how I can narrow it down to who it may be? My Ele Sham is an officer as well and he's busy calling out the raid and isn't able to focus entirely on what the range/healers are doing during P3.

As mentioned last week, several of us go out in /2 and form a pug and get Garrosh downed, yet coming back as a full group it's neigh.

Edited by Karmageddon

I would personally switch jobs with you and the ele shaman. You can shout out the general stuff from melee range as most is indicated by timers, but as you say you can't really keep an eye on the ranged. I'd put your trusty shaman on keeping the ranged in line since its way easier for him to do that than you.

I would personally switch jobs with you and the ele shaman. You can shout out the general stuff from melee range as most is indicated by timers, but as you say you can't really keep an eye on the ranged. I'd put your trusty shaman on keeping the ranged in line since its way easier for him to do that than you.

Good point made about the raid calling and that's a change we made last night.

Some great tips in here. My guild is still stuck on Garrosh and I think moving together to stack ranged close to Melee for MC and MC+ might be what is holding us back. We have gotten better and better each week but we get stuck on the MC+ right as Phase 3 starts and even if its looking so clean it falls apart quickly at that Final Phase with everything going on.

Any other ideas/tips for possibly informing people of the urgency andneed to be on point for interupts silence? Maybe we aren't clear enough in the message and I will tell them for tomorrow to save a little burst dmg and that may be the trick!

What do you mean by MC+? Are you talking about Empowered MC? You should really be seeing those only in Phase3 and I don't think they go out right as Phase3 starts.

He should throw out an empowered desecrate first after Phase3 starts. Ranged need to be stacked in a good position for this and then immediately stack on the boss for empowered MC. For this, silence effects like Monk's Ring of peace won't work. So, either have an interrupt rotation setup and/or call out clearly on vent who is interrupting whom. Everyone wasting their interrupt on one target will screw things up badly. After breaking people out of MC, get ready to spread for Empowered Whirling, rinse repeat.

Sorry I'm unable to check logs at the moment but most of the stuff you have said are about execution. People should be interrupting, dodging bad stuff etc. There is no other way.

We also save some CD's to last phase - whether survival or dps. Also make sure you do save Bloodlust for it.

Another thing is 3 melee might be an issue if they fail to execute stuff.

Sorry I'm unable to check logs at the moment but most of the stuff you have said are about execution. People should be interrupting, dodging bad stuff etc. There is no other way.

We also save some CD's to last phase - whether survival or dps. Also make sure you do save Bloodlust for it.

Another thing is 3 melee might be an issue if they fail to execute stuff.

That's on the spot, Song, and nothing to apologize about.

Tonight we downed him as a guild and even the 5 wipes beforehand all went into 3rd Phase. There was plenty of stress given to my players to perform and the job was done.

Thank you all for your time and I'm sure I'll be back here over the next few months with Heroic stresses lol.