FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
hobblock

any hints and tips please

Boo for sitting a Disc priest on that fight!  Hopefully they let you get some work in during progression and realize what a mistake that is.

GL

Edited by Gwenymph
  • Like 3

Yeah what can you do =P  Oh well, can't win them all; one has seniority over me, and the other has more experience, so I happen to be lowest on the totem pole. 

Such is life.  I'm still in attendance for every other fight, and I'll be back in for paragons and Garrosh, so I'm not bitter about it.

Actually, is garrosh a 3-heal fight?  Well, hopefully they'll keep me in once we get there ha ha

Edit: lol are Geoda and owes going through your entire comment history and liking everything?  I see them liking a lot of your comments.

ya, hoping to do some recruiting on the forums and hoping the site rep will attract better players.. LF 3 ranged dps for a month now!!  Crazy that we need dps and cant fill it with decent apps

Hope you find some, mate.  Yeah, it is surprising you can't find good dps O.o Most likely it's end-of-expansion burnout.  I know myself for the last 3 expansions, near the end I just stopped playing for one reason or another.  =/  GL

ya, i like to get a break in before the xpac launches.  Thats why i need dps!  DPS kill the last two bosses, take a nice break to recharge.  We have 2 healers that are dps'n atm til we can fill the spots.

Don't mean to derail this thread even further but I don't figure this warrants a new thread.  I notice in most of everyone's logs (not on thok, but other fights as well) that you all seem to smite relatively infrequently compared to what I feel like I do.

I will generally - 

-PWS on Rapture CD

-PoM on tank if not on raid

-Archangel on CD

-Spirit Shell if opportunity arises for it

-Penance on CD

-PW:Solace on CD

Once those things are out of the way I tend to smite spam for filler until one comes back up.  Which tends to lead to multiple smites per penance where as most of you seem to penance cast more than you smite cast.  Should I be doing something else in what is effectively my 'downtime' than smiting?  The only reason I feel like this would be is that I don't have the legendary meta yet which would take away a lot of smite time and replace it with PW:S.

Mostly just trying to decide if theres something else I should be looking to cast during these moments, or if its just what it is until legendary meta.  Trying to avoid building bad habbits while I am early on in learning instead of changing habbits later.

Edited by kinztz

Nope keep smiting.

L.Metagem doesn't replace as much of your smite time as you might think.  As always the mark of a good disc priest is to know when to stop attonement healing and start traditionally healing... but when there's little raid damage going out help kill the boss =)

I try and Smite filler as much as possible.  Post your logs or if you you'd be more comfortable, make sure you are comparing your total casts to those of the same raid size, difficulty, and encounter duration.  WoL and WLogs both will allow you to see total Smites casts.  

It is arguably useful to get smite "filler" in as holy, as well :P

I love starting off fights in smite presence and blasting the boss for a bit while Heroism or Bloodlust is up!

True words.  I did some testing a while back, and Holy in smite spec could be categorized as a full dps, though with the adjective "bad".  I guestimated that it did about 20 average ilvl worse than my shadow spec.  But yeah, while bloodlust is up at the begining of a fight, you can definately holy fire, SW:Pain, smite and get in some DPS.  The damage contribution is non-negligable =)

I used to also love smiting for fun back in the Burning Crusade. I love Chakra presences now, they let me smite without feeling bad about my mana :P

True words.  I did some testing a while back, and Holy in smite spec could be categorized as a full dps, though with the adjective "bad".  I guestimated that it did about 20 average ilvl worse than my shadow spec.  But yeah, while bloodlust is up at the begining of a fight, you can definately holy fire, SW:Pain, smite and get in some DPS.  The damage contribution is non-negligable =)

Heh, I'm so awful at Shadow that my DPS spec is Holy.   :*(