Ben81

Resto Druid talents Force of Nature and Nature's vigil

4 posts in this topic

Got back into playing resto from feral. I would like to know if FoN applies aoe heal and same time doing HT on low hP friendlies. At the same time I had been thinking would NV would be applicable to the direct healing of FoN to give some dps, and would that be a higher thorough put in terms of overall heals versus incarnation since the cd of FoN is 30 secs versus 3minutes for Incarnation.

I just don't have the knowledge of theory crafting nor even the smarts to crunch numbers on this. Any input would be appreciated.

FoN is not great at all for Resto.  Its healing lacks some what (and im not sure if it smart casts HT on other players or just the one you casted it on)

SotF is usually ALWAYS better than Inc, but Inc can have its uses in heavy burst situations, while you can line up SotF for small burst situations (which there are plenty of in SoO)

As for NV, I personally love having NV, its just a nice little healing boost when you want it and can work well with SotF WG.  Though HotW will give you more overall healing just based on stats alone.

I'm progression on heroic Paragons, and I've switched to HotW there because we are CCing adds and I felt like NV was breaking them.

1 person likes this

Resto INC is great for burst healing, but on the other hand, you can also look at it as a mana regen cooldown. If you try and lifebloom as many people as possible while in INC, you will find that you get a substantial amount of clearcasting procs which means a ton of FREE regrowths. With that being said, I agree with Krazy, SotF is 99.999999% the way to roll, unless your preferred content is on farm, and you want to try out some different things for the heck of it.

Go go gadget +5 Rod of Necromancy!

Seriously though...

Inc isn't that great for burst healing. It's great for "OH MY GOD ITS ALL HITTING THE FAN BOMB REGROWTH ON EVERYONE OR THEYRE GOING TO DIE" uber triage healing. It's great for when you need a big CD to last through heavy sustained damage. It's great for healing through raid damage while conserving a lot of mana.

Problems:

You should never be in a position that you're bombing that kind of heals. That's not burst healing. That's not quickly getting out a lot of healing. That's just barely staying a head of an already lost situation.  If you get to the point that you're doing that level of triage healing on a resto druid, you've already wiped. Our 90 talents can also buff our heals for this the same.

We also have other long-lasting CDs that can do heavy sustained damage (Tranq/90 talents).

Between Lucidity, Clearcasting, and Efflorescence/Wild Mushroom, you should never have mana issues of any kind.

SotF provides burst healing through WG. Genesis with Rejuv on several people gives burst. Wild Mushroom: Bloom gives us massive burst healing (in our 10-man, it's about 40% when all of us are in it together). SotF also gives us the highest burst HPS of any healer in the game if we use it with Tranquility. Seriously, nothing's touching that kind of healing.

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By stormcaster
      Union is an Alliance guild on Uldum (PVE server) - I will keep this short. We are looking to add two ranged dps to our core mythic team. We would prefer a hunter/shadow priest/boomkin. We are currently 9/10 Heroic in Nighthold after 2 nights of heroic raiding. We were 7/7M in EN and 2/3M in ToV. We raid:

Tuesday - 8-11 EST
      Thursday - 8-11 EST
      Sunday 7-11 EST

We recruit players that have a good attitude, have high dps and are good with mechanics and movement. 

If interested, add me on btag: Stormcaster#1629
    • By Slamminshama
      I have three trinkets to choose from, Two from Mythic EN, Heightened Senses @ 880, Vial of Nightmare Fog @ 880, and finally from Nightbane Kara i have the Ethereal Urn @875. If any other experienced resto shamans could weigh in and help me make a decision it would be appreciated. 
    • By molodirazz
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids.

We currently raid Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:00-22:00 server time. We run social/alt raids during off days in which all ranks of the guild are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is also welcome to join(LoL, Dota, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with a 3 days a week schedule that you are expected to attend. However we understand things can come up but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons and world quests to gear in preparation for raids. This includes improving your artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared (i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.
      - Experience on 4 or more bosses in EN Mythic.
      You will receive a response within 3 days but probably within 1. The trial process will last 2 weeks, sometimes longer. During the trial period you will not have loot priority over raiders however you may of course still roll.
      If you have any further questions please contact us at battletags: Vims#21684  or go to our website http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/ .
      __________________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids.

We currently raid Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:00-22:00 server time. We run social/alt raids during off days in which all ranks of the guild are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is also welcome to join(LoL, Dota, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with a 3 days a week schedule that you are expected to attend. However we understand things can come up but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons and world quests to gear in preparation for raids. This includes improving your artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared (i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.
      - 5 or more Mythic boss kills.
      You will receive a response within 3 days but probably within 1. The trial process will last 2 weeks, sometimes longer. During the trial period you will not have loot priority over raiders however you may of course still roll.
      If you have any further questions please contact us at battletags: Vims#21684 or go to our website http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/ .
      __________________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      Monk: Brewmaster.
      Druid: Balance and Guardian.
      Priest: Shadow
      Other dps will also be considered.
    • By Vandara
      Hi experts,
      I started with healing again in raids and mythics(+) and I followed the advice here to go for Int/haste first. it would be very nice if someone would tale the time to look at my equipment:
      http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Area-52/Vandara/advanced
      and let me know if you have any hints for me if I should change my stats priority/enchantments etc. I think I could need a bigger Mana pool also.
      I just joined a hc raid group as a heal and I was not doing too bad, however I'd like to get better :-) Thank you so much for your help, it is really appreciated.
      Vandara
    • By bobifle
      I'm a ilevel 870-ish resto druid.
      In order to help my lazy DSPers in M+ man5, I more or less started to dps when there's no healing to do, also to keep me busy.
      The question is rather simple and is in 2 parts:
      1/ I'm using a stupid dot-as-musch-as-possible + solar wrath "rotation" . Is this correct ? the restoration guide is missing a dps section :o). I have the guardian affinity, I find the dps bonus in boomkin affinity way too low for the trouble. Switching forms costs one GCD which I find deadly in M++
      2/ I usually end up at most with something around 140k DPs on some packs, more likely to be around 90K dps average, maybe 60Kdps on boss fights... Anyone has some reasonable DPS target available or want to share their experience ? I'm no elite so I cannot pull off elite magic stuff but I'd still be interested in anyone feedback on that subject.

Note: I'm no elite player in the sense that I probably will never be able to switch to cat form to do some melee dps, way too dangerous for  me :o)
      Note2: I cannot exactly remember but I think I can raise up to 250 Kdps but that means that no healing is required, which does not happen in M+