FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
tog

dps advice on some low ilvl mage

hey guys,

ive got the following questions basically

1) for ilvl <540 should i go fire or frost for maximizing dps?

2) is it worth spammin ica lance when i dont got FoF procs but i ve got 5 icecles?

3) is it worth stopping a 60+% casting time frostbolt to shoot a frostfire proc?

4)    -//-   to refresh the fire bomb?

5) higher ilvl non pvp trinkets are generally better than lower ones? (except the cleave trinket which i dont like using tbh in anything else than protectors)

1: Frost

2: no

3. no

4. no

5. no. specific trinkets can be better than a higher ilvl ones. I don't see why would you even bother using the cleave trinket anywhere.. MAYBE Galakras. But that is even a big MAYBE.

also should i upgrade to higher ilvl gear that have no haste on them?

should i even break the 4set piece in order to do that? im talking about flex over lfr difference here

currently ive got normal gloves + legs so i dont see upgrading those unless i get something from ordos

Generally you should upgrade an item even if it doesn't have haste in it. As long as the item is not hit+crit you can't really go wrong. Just stay realistic with haste breakpoints, and reforge/regem more into haste.

4set for lower ilvls is a tricky question as it might be worth sticking to it, but definitely ditch it as you get more gear from normals (though never ditch the 2set).

Edited by lynx

what about weapons?

should i generally use main+off hand for the int bonus?

what if i manage to get a higher ilvl staff with off stats?

what about weapons?

should i generally use main+off hand for the int bonus?

what if i manage to get a higher ilvl staff with off stats?

If they are on the same item level with the same best secondary stats (haste+mastery), go for main+off.

If they are on the smae item level with different secondary stats, go for the one that gives you the most haste+mastery.

If you get a higher ilevel one, switch to it.

Just to help clarify - secondary stats on weapons are very low compared to other items (more like rings/neck).

Spell power is huge, meaning always go with item level (including vp upgrades) to determine your weapon.

• Like 1

hey guys i am back again with a few more questions.

i read up somewhere that u should have living bomb on 100% uptime on some fights (like malkorok, iron jug).I usually loose quite a bit of time as i always tend to have it go off for the extra dmg and then i almost always refresh it after casting my first frostbolt after.

Having it 100% on uptime pretty much means i should refresh the bomb before last tick correct?

also some times it seems i miss a fb proc since im about into 20% casting a frostbolt , i dont stopcasting and a new fb proc comes straight after finishing frostbolt.Any advice for that?

heres my armory btw   http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/deathwing/Pagos/simple

currently im matching gems and using reforge lite for hit caps and secondary stats.

im thinking of swapping into ask mr robot with akraens guide in mind, where i should set

12684haste cap,20% crit soft cap, 3.8haste to cap, 1crit to 20%,1crit after 20%,3.45mastery,3.38haste after 12684

hey guys i am back again with a few more questions.

i read up somewhere that u should have living bomb on 100% uptime on some fights (like malkorok, iron jug).I usually loose quite a bit of time as i always tend to have it go off for the extra dmg and then i almost always refresh it after casting my first frostbolt after.

Having it 100% on uptime pretty much means i should refresh the bomb before last tick correct?

also some times it seems i miss a fb proc since im about into 20% casting a frostbolt , i dont stopcasting and a new fb proc comes straight after finishing frostbolt.Any advice for that?

heres my armory btw   http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/deathwing/Pagos/simple

currently im matching gems and using reforge lite for hit caps and secondary stats.

im thinking of swapping into ask mr robot with akraens guide in mind, where i should set

12684haste cap,20% crit soft cap, 3.8haste to cap, 1crit to 20%,1crit after 20%,3.45mastery,3.38haste after 12684

Letting it go off makes no sense, since it is going to explode even if you refresh it with <1 sec duration. Other than that, the extra damage you gain from snapshotting the dot is much higher, than the explosion damage. NEVER let it fall of especially on single target. But don't interrupt any other spells being casted because of it.

You miss a what proc? 

If you are referring to FFB (Frostfire Bolt) and BF (Brain Freeze), then just use it up as soon as possible.

You see it procced, you let your current cast finish, then you use it immediately. Don't interrupt any casts, but don't start a new cast if you have a BF up. My advice is to pay attention and work on your reflexes,

If you cannot reach 12424 haste, then yes: Int>Hit to cap>Haste to 12684>Mastery>Haste>Crit