FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
gumble85

Best spec for my 495 mage

Hi,

Sorry if this has been covered before.

Long story short... I am currently an Arcane mage, but have also prefered being Fire. Frost doesn't seem to appeal to me much, but i don't mind it.

My question is.... For a 495 ilvl mage what spec should i be and what should i aim for gear/dps wise? Currently in a heroic scenario i was doing 53.1k dps and as far as i can see this is very low to me. But i could be wrong and i am doing the same amount of dps in a ToT LFR.

My rotation for Arcane. Nether Tempest->Blast->Blast->Blast/Missiles->Blast/Missiles->Barrage->Blast->Blast->Blast/Missiles->Blast/Missiles. I use Arcane Power on boss fights as well as mirror image plus rune of power.

i.e: Blast/Missiles is dependent on how the stacks are. If i have three stacks i would go for the blast than the missiles.

Armoury link here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/khazgoroth/Allinfury/advanced

Can someone advise and help me please?

Thank you in advance.

Honestly, your gear level is far too low yet from "optimal" for any specs and I think that is understandable that I have no clue how much DPS you should do. :D It was like 1 year ago or so? :D

I wouldn't really think too much about my DPS, just yet. (as no player really cares about it in game except, maybe you).

That being said, you won't see expected numbers as a fire mage under 40% buffed crit chance, so arcane of frost should be the definity best for your item level. I would personally suggest frost, because it is just OP on low item level, but it's up to you.

If you are sticking to our guides' rotation you shouldn't be doing anything particularly wrong, really and there is no reason why you should write "my rotation". Just follow what we say in guides and you should be doing fine. When you get to SoO LFR, send us a combatlog about Malkorok which is currently the best boss where we can analyze rotation, uptimes and stuff. :)

Oh ok. No worries. I wasn't too sure. I use to beat hunters in early mop as a fire mage in raids before hunters kept getting buffed lol which i really enjoyed.

Anyway. Thanks again. Will definitely keep frost in mind. Just never been a huge fan of it outside PVP. :)

Oh ok. No worries. I wasn't too sure. I use to beat hunters in early mop as a fire mage in raids before hunters kept getting buffed lol which i really enjoyed.

Anyway. Thanks again. Will definitely keep frost in mind. Just never been a huge fan of it outside PVP. smile.png

Because it has never been a true pve spec. I know it might be hard to experience at first, but frost has become my definite favourite. :)

you my friend have converted me to frost lol. Gone up 25k dps atm to around 75k sustained dps. I wasn't watching skada that much but i was towards the end and brain freeze plus fingers of frost to proc a lot. Especially brain freeze. That was the most common proc. :)

Now to wait for pinnacles of storm LFR so i can get a few items of gear and get into SoO and speaking of the devil it popped. LOL.

Wish me luck. :)

• Like 1

you my friend have converted me to frost lol. Gone up 25k dps atm to around 75k sustained dps. I wasn't watching skada that much but i was towards the end and brain freeze plus fingers of frost to proc a lot. Especially brain freeze. That was the most common proc. :)

Now to wait for pinnacles of storm LFR so i can get a few items of gear and get into SoO and speaking of the devil it popped. LOL.

Wish me luck. :)

Welcome aboard fellow frostmage! Good luck and please share your experience! :)