Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Boodizz

PvP Specific Macros

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys. Thought I'd contribute by making a list of some macros that will help you out in PvP. I will eventually add some class specific ones.

Target team mates

I use macros like these, as it is much quicker than clicking frames. Replace Boodizz with the name of the player you want to target.

/tar Boodizz

Use a spell on team mates without losing your target

This is really helpful for dispelling/decursing/freedoming etc. a team mate while not losing your target. Replace Boodizz with the player name and Dispell Magic with the spell you wish to use.

#showtooltip

/cast [@Boodizz] Dispel Magic;

Use a spell on a certain enemy in arena

This will use the named spell on an enemy in arena depending on what 'number enemy' they are (enemy on top is number 1, enemy below number 2 etc.)

#showtooltip

/cast [@arena1] Fear;

Use a spell on your focus

This will cast the named spell on your focus.

#showtooltip

/cast [@focus] Hex;

Use a spell on your target, but if shift is down use it on your focus

This will fear your target, but if shift is held down, it will fear your focus (can be changed to any modifier e.g. ctrl, alt)

#showtooltip

/cast [nomod] Fear;

/cast [mod:shift,@focus] Fear;

Use various pieces of gear

The following will use the piece of gear referenced (e.g. Engineer enchants, on use trinkets)

Gloves

/use 10

Cape

/use 15

Belt

/use 6

Trinket slot 1 (top)

/use 13

Trinket slot 2 (bottom)

/use 14

Warlock Specific

Use a pet skill depending on what pet you have out

This will use the listed pet spell, depending on which demon you have out. E.g. If you press the bind with a Felhunter out, it will spell lock your target. You can also make another macro using the same setup, but different pet spells.

#showtooltip

/cast [pet:Voidwalker] Sacrifice;

[pet:Imp] Singe Magic;

[pet:Succubus,nomodifier] Seduction;

[pet:Felhunter,nomodifier] Spell Lock;

[pet:Felguard,nomodifier] Intercept;

Use a pet skill on your focus

This is basically the same as the above, but it uses it on your focus. I added the Imp ability flee in, as the Imp has no spell fit for focus.

#showtooltip

/cast [pet:Voidwalker] Suffering;

[pet:Imp] Flee;

[pet:Succubus,nomodifier,target=focus] Seduction;[pet:Felhunter,nomodifier,target=focus] Spell Lock;[pet:Felguard,nomodifier,target=focus] Intercept;

Banish macro

This will banish your target if you have one, or will banish your mosueover if you have one.

#showtooltip

/cast [target=mouseover,harm] Banish; Banish;

Armor swap

Toggles between Fel Armor & Demon Armor

#showtooltip

/castsequence Fel Armor, Demon Armor;

Focus soul swap

This will exhale your soul swap on your focus.

#showtooltip

/cast [@focus][] Soul Swap

I have some more to add, but that's all I can get in for now. I will be expanding this section.

Hope this helped!

Edited by Boodizz
1 person likes this

Thank you Boodizz. I've been thinking about making a sort of macro guide for a long time, with explanation of how commands like /target, /cast, /use, etc. can be used, what modifiers can be applied, and so on. Maybe I'll get started on it after the release of MoP ;)

1 person likes this

Added some warlock specific macros

1 person likes this

Thanks! Sorry for not checking up on the thread lately, the MoP previews have been giving me a lot of work.

Thanks! Sorry for not checking up on the thread lately, the MoP previews have been giving me a lot of work.

Haha that's fine man. I know not a lot of people are using the PvP section of the forums yet, but I figure it will help someone out if they stumble across it! I will put up some priest specific ones tonight.

You guys are doing an awesome job on the site btw, I really like it.

1 person likes this

Haha that's fine man. I know not a lot of people are using the PvP section of the forums yet, but I figure it will help someone out if they stumble across it! I will put up some priest specific ones tonight.

You guys are doing an awesome job on the site btw, I really like it.

Thanks! We know that the PvP section is not going to be very used for some time. This will change after the release of MoP, when we will start releasing PvP guides ;)

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Mystykall
      [H] <Blackhole Gaming> US-Illidan – Recruiting Raiders – Two Day - Mythic - Tu/Th

We are a 2 night raiding guild looking for more players. Raid times are:

Tuesday /Thursday 7:00 - 10:30 PM (CST) server time. 

The leaders of <Blackhole Gaming> have been playing WoW since the game was released with multiple years of experience leading a guild. 

Progression: 
      Emerald Nightmare - 3/7M

Recruiting for Mythic Progression through all content.

Recruitment is currently open for core spots.

High Need:

Damage Classes
      Balance Druid
      Shadow Priest
      Hunter
      Warlock
      Mage

Healers 
      Priest
      Monk
      Shaman

We are looking to recruit all exceptional players, if you don’t see your class we may still have a spot for you. We are always looking for Tank/DPS or Heal/DPS to assist with certain strats.

Visit us at: www.blackholegaming.org

Raid Leader: Isabelli#1577
      Guild Master: Mystykall#1117
      Officers:
      Muphin#1909 
      Clandon#1499
      Ethica#1133
      Ancobestoco#1951
      Isabelli#1577
    • By JamesGoblin
      Crowfall is like RTS meets EVE Online meets Minecraft...if that made any sense? Before massive battles (hundreds of players), building structures and economy make it into the game, it currently looks rather like MOBA than MMO; Also, you can build your own kingdom by placing valleys, mountains...at will:

Another strange thing is, frequent changes of sex/class/race are likely - account and progression are tied to crow-spirit, not the body/avatar. Now, alpha access is expensive but open beta (free tests) is scheduled for "summer 2017", requiring only registration on the site. Here are some early player made videos, starting with TheLazyPeon's recent preview:

PS If my incomprehensible intro didn't make any sense, IGN Wiki maybe will.
    • By Archimage
      Wanted to share this:

• By Archimage
      Macros for mage talents in 7.1 just putting it out there:   Frost: /use [talent:1/1] Ray of Frost; [talent:1/2] Lonely Winter; [talent:1/3] Bone Chilling
      /use [talent:2/1] Shimmer; [talent:2/2] Cauterize; [talent:2/3] Cold Snap
      /use [talent:3/1] Mirror Image; [talent:3/2] Rune of Power; [talent:3/3] Incanter's Flow
      /use [talent:4/1] Ice Nova; [talent:4/2] Frozen Touch; [talent:4/3] Splitting Ice
      /use [talent:5/1] Ice Floes; [talent:5/2] Ring of Frost; [talent:5/3] Ice Ward
      /use [talent:6/1] Frost Bomb; [talent:6/2] Unstable Magic; [talent:6/3] Artic Gale
      /use [talent:7/1] Thermal Void; [talent:7/2] Glacial Spike; [talent:7/3] Comet Storm   Fire: /use [talent:1/1] Pyromaniac; [talent:1/2] Conflagration; [talent:1/3] Firestarter
      /use [talent:3/1] Mirror Image; [talent:3/2] Rune of Power; [talent:3/3] Incanter's Flow
      /use [talent:4/1] Blast Wave; [talent:4/2] Flame ON; [talent:4/3] Controlled Burn
      /use [talent:6/1] Living Bomb; [talent:6/2] Unstable Magic; [talent:6/3] Flame Patch
      /use [talent:7/1] Kindling; [talent:7/2] Cinderstorm; [talent:7/3] Meteor   Arcane: /use [talent:1/1] Arcane Familiar; [talent:1/2] Presence of Mind; [talent:1/3] Words of Power
      /use [talent:4/1] Supernova; [talent:4/2] Charged Up; [talent:4/3] Resonance
      /use [talent:6/1] Nether Tempest; [talent:6/2] Unstable Magic; [talent:6/3] Erosion
      /use [talent:7/1] Overpowered; [talent:7/2] Quickening; [talent:7/3] Arcane Orb     General Focus Macros: /cast [@focus, exists, nodead][] Polymorph
      /cast [@focus, exists, nodead][] Counterspell
    • By Pandacho
      First of all, let's cover uploading your own logs:
      1. Go to the WCL site and sign up. You now would be able to upload your logs, logging in with your username or via Battlenet after linking your account:

2. In order to upload the logs, you will need a client application. Download it here. 
      3. Before starting to log, you have to enable Advanced Combat Logging. Without it being enabled you wouldn't be able to see a lot of vital details like ilvl, talents, gear, artifact traits or resources that are written separately for every fight.
      Go to Game Menu (in game) > System > Network. Tick Advanced Combat Logging

4. To enable combat logging in game, go to your chat window and type /combatlog. Now everything you and the players and enemies around you do will be written to a file called WoWCombatLog.txt. The file is sitting in WoW directory > Logs. When you want to stop logging, type /combatlog again or just exit the game.
      5. There are two ways you can choose to log. The first is to upload the entire log file after the raid is over. The second way is Live Logging. In this mode you will see the fight on the site right after it ends so can study wipes immediately to see what went wrong.
      You can enable Live Logging in WCL uploader before the raid starts:

If you don't need Live Logging, open the WCL uploader after the raid and choose the first option 'Upload a Log'.

Now, what you can search for on the WCL site?
      Pressing the button in the left upper corner will allow you to browse through all the logged raid fights, their rankings and statistics:

Very useful option here is to search for the fights with specific filters.
      For example I want to know whether my guild would be able to kill Heroic Odyn or we'd better farm more HC EM to gear up. So I'm going to check how many guilds in Europe were able to kill Heroic Odyn in 15-man composition with 3 healers while their ilvl was not higher than 878 during the last week:
      We will go to the left upper dropdown menu and choose Odyn Rankings. This is the window we'll get:

Now we should filter our options by clicking on the 'Search' button:

After applying the search filter we'll get a list of raid teams that were able to kill HC Odyn in our composition:

Here you go! There are more than enough kills, you shouldn't worry and may even check some logs for fight or comp tips.
      Another very useful feature is to check for usage of a specific gear piece, ability, talent or even enchant. For example, there was a problem with Mark of the Claw enchant not working for resto druids. It was announced recently that the bug was fixed and now it works as intended. It is an expensive enchant so I'd like to check whether it really works before changing to it.
      In WCL we can filter the usage of a specific ability, so I'll search for Resto Druids in EU region that were using Mark of the Claw enchant during the last week in the Odyn fight and check whether the enchant proc'ed for them. Type the ability name in the search window:

Now you will receive a list of resto druids that used the Mark:

Then you can open a specific log and check how much the enchant procs during the fight:

There is another kind of search in WCL too: you can look for a specific player, guild or realm logs.
      Choosing a player will bring you to their Rankings window.
      You should note that the initial window will show you DPS rankings for the highest recorded difficulty in the most current content, no matter what's the player's role in raid (dps/healer/tank).
      So if I am a healer and want to check my healing performance in HC EM rather than Mythic EM or HC ToV, I have to apply new filters:

You can click now on any boss and see specific logs for every fight.
      If you are searching logs for a guild, you will be redirected to their Calendar so you'd be able to choose one of the raid days. Hovering your mouse above these days will allow you to see the fights list:

If you can't recall the guild name, searching the realm will bring you a list of all the active guilds (those using WCL) there.