FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
skilo

Frost question - crit cap

Hello - quick question regarding the PVE guide for frost mages on this site. 

I'm following Akraen's guide and using the mixture build.  I apologize if this question has been asked before though, but does unbuffed 23% crit become a priority at all?

"Shatter multiplies your critical strike chance by 2 and adds 50%. At 25%, critical strike chance, your chance to critically hit frozen targets is 100% (25% x 2 + 50%)."

https://www.icy-veins.com/frost-mage-wow-pve-dps-statistics-priority-reforging#sec-2-4

Hello - quick question regarding the PVE guide for frost mages on this site. 

I'm following Akraen's guide and using the mixture build.  I apologize if this question has been asked before though, but does unbuffed 23% crit become a priority at all?

"Shatter multiplies your critical strike chance by 2 and adds 50%. At 25%, critical strike chance, your chance to critically hit frozen targets is 100% (25% x 2 + 50%)."

https://www.icy-veins.com/frost-mage-wow-pve-dps-statistics-priority-reforging#sec-2-4

Nope. You get crit from int procs, and in a SoO ilvl i will get to 25% crit even if you reforge everything out of crit.

Depending on the itemisation(Like my own) it is thinkable that you do not hit the shatter crit cap. Even then, you will be very close to it, especially(As Oltier says) when you take trinkets into account. I would not advise going for the shatter cap at all, though Akraen might have a theory about 578+ ilvl.

Depending on the itemisation(Like my own) it is thinkable that you do not hit the shatter crit cap. Even then, you will be very close to it, especially(As Oltier says) when you take trinkets into account. I would not advise going for the shatter cap at all, though Akraen might have a theory about 578+ ilvl.

Are you referring to the "when you crit with Frostbolt or anything, you'll get a higher icicle damage as well" theory? :)

dem 700k+ icicles on Garrosh yo. As was said, nope. Crit bad. It's not completely worthless but compared to our other stats it's still bad.

Edited by Oltier
Inappropiate word

dem 700k+ icicles on Garrosh yo. As was said, nope. Crit bad. It's not completely worthless but compared to our other stats it's still bad.

Try not using inappropriate words on the forum next time, please. I edited it. smile.png

My most recent venture into theoryland show crit surpasses haste and mastery if we could get to ilvl 633 :D

• Like 1