FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
lordaarone

Ret Paladin Help

I've played a ret paladin since I started playing WoW again last July, and I finally started doing Flex raids. I got into a group for Flex 1 and we got to Immerseus. I popped GoAK/AW and Execution Sentenced at 12 stacks of GoAK to open and felt like I was doing fine. For the rest of the fight however, my dps was impossibly low, hovering somewhere around 50k. I've pulled pretty good DPS on Immerseus before in LFR, I think in 80k-100k range, but this time was terrible. To me it felt like there was no real perfect moment to pop my CDs, and I pretty much only used Execution Sentence for the rest of the fight (stupid I realize now, but I still feel like I should have been doing more). It also felt like I never really had time to get my rotation going. I could get maybe  1-2 TVs on the boss before he'd split and I'd have to run to the top to then get maybe 1 TV or so off. I'm pretty sure the problem lies in CD management and possibly just fight mechanics then. Help anyone?

Your best bet, talent wise, would be to go DP, yes AW/SW are great choices and arguably this tier's best talent options, but on a boss like immerseus, where time spent switching targets amps up during the fight, you'll want a talent that reflects that, you can't always build HP quickly, but DP, while it is luck based, a bit, you do have the potential to deal big numbers, frequently, PLUS, throughout the fight, you can also help the healers heal the blue blobs. I would also personally suggest using LH over ES, due to the fact that it takes a while to deal the full damage, and it also slows the blobs.

• Like 1