FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Ceraius

Blood Challenge Mode Gear

Alrighty!

Does anyone have a challenge mode set collected for Blood DK?

Thought I'd ask what people are rolling with before starting to find out piece by piece :P

Follow up.

Does the CD reduction on Vial of Living Corruption work in challenge modes?

I've been trying to google this stuff, but no luck so far, so any input is highly appreciated. :)

I haven't done a challenge mode in a while, but Vial scales with ilvl, so I'm fairly certain it would be nerfed into oblivion in challenge modes.

BiS is pretty much any piece with the most sockets you can get in that slot: chest and legs with 3 sockets, shoulders with 2 sockets, rings with 1 socket, etc.

I haven't tried an avoidance build, and I'm not sure if other DK's are using it, but mastery would most likely be best. the goal in challenge modes is to be able to survive large trash pulls because the difference between gold and server first gold is in how fast you can clear trash.

Simple gold is what I'm aiming for, so realm tops aren't that much of a concern :D

Yeah, I've ran into the importance of sockets. Another thing being that hitcaps remain so high ilvl hit pieces for those would be nice.

I know most legendaries don't work in challenges, but I'm not 100% on the cape. The proc probably won't work, but I would assume its still a good choice stats wise plus it has a socket. Could someone confirm this?

That is what I have been reading in many of the guides too. The cloak proc and LMG proc doesn't work, but the stats on the cloak are well itemized that it should be worth keeping it on. 

About the hit cap, I thought similar to what happens in proving grounds, if you are hit / exp capped outside, you should be hit / exp capped inside too. Is this not true for challenge modes?

Your hit/exp caps remain the same, but they shift around your other secondaries to compensate. The Vial, IIRC, is about 1% damage as healing at 463 ilvl. Keep in mind you'll also be doing significantly less damage as well. That said, I've been using it for CMs on my bear and it's been fine, though I really don't have any other trinkets on that toon.

Well, as was mentioned earlier, you'd want the gear with most gem slots and a hell ton of mastery, hit and exp. Get 7,5 hit and exp then run full mastery following that.

Also, i'd like to mention, earlier someone said get shoulders with 2 gem slots, there's actually a 3 gem slot shoulder dropping from garrosh norm / hc, which would be slightly better for challange mode.

Yeah, I've been eyeing those Garrosh shoulders, but I'm prepared to go with a 2slot version since I've yet to see those drop. :D

I've only seen them drop once, and at a point where we had no plate users in our grp at that time since we normally only got 2 tanks which uses plate(warr and dk) and due to vacation we had to drop down to using someone else in the guild and went With 2 none plate users for that week =D Talk about that RNG ehh?

Eh, I wouldn't even call it RNG. Those shoulders have the lowest droprate of anything on his loot table. You should basically never expect to get them :P

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this