FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
nefigah

Last set of trainers (fun Shadowmaster Kiryn strat!)

This was an enjoyable set of trainers.

I did die on my first Wise Mari attempt, despite almost having Zagam's recommended setup--I used my Nether Faerie Dragon instead of a Sprite Darter (as I don't have the latter). It was perhaps because of this that my timing was a bit off. But it was an easy fix: I simply casted Moonfire on the round after Carpe Diem's Cleansing Waters. With the AOE breath no longer doing double anti-dragon damage, Lil Tarecgosa had sufficient health left to do what she needed to do. 

Blingtron has some hard pets, but I found the key was to wait out Banks' nasty party buff. If I killed it as fast as possible, Lil B's big christmas present attack would have a very good chance to crit. I also had some trouble with conflag timing, since his dumb shield made killing him with just the first half of conflag difficult. Ended up just using conflag on the round his shield has dropped, and soaking more slaps (I used Fel Flame; didn't have the phoenix or a Lil Bad Wolf leveled).

Having used my Fel Flame up already, I had to improvise for Shadowmaster Kiryn. Turns out that Terrible Turnip, of all things, can basically solo this fight, with a bit of help from a Kun Lai Runt. After Nairn casts his blizzardy attack, use Deep Freeze as you'd expect. Instead of instantly switching, queue up a Mangle. Kiryn will swap to the robo kitty, who will eat said Mangle. Now swap to the Turnip. The direct damage from Lightning Storm is weak against you, and it actually creates quite a favorable situation. Cast Sons of the Root and laugh as you not only avoid all attacks, but your little veggies do a ton of damage (cat is weak vs. ele, debuffed with Mangle, AND has to eat the bonus Lightning for every single vegetable). This tends to kill her first life. You can now rekill her quickly, and rid the battlefield of meddlesome turrets, with a Tidal Wave cast.

When Nairn reappears, switch to the Runt and do the exact same thing again, this time landing the Mangle on Summer (it won't have a chance to cast evasion). Swap back to the Turnip. Summer is faster, but her speed is reduced when she Prowls, so you can safely spam Tidal Wave until then. Sons of the Root again to dodge the buffed attack. Spam Tidal Wave until someone is dead. The awesome side effect of this is that Nairn has been taking back row damage without being able to use his heal. He'll probably die before Summer does. In any case, you have a Runt with plenty of health for cleanup, likely avoiding the need for a 3rd pet.

The celestials went fine as always as per Zagam's guide, though I hit a rough patch on Yu La since I'm trying to avoid the heal-and-forfeit tactic. For next time, I have a plan using Magic pets that should be fun for her.

Desperation breeds innovation - very nice with the Terrible Turnip.  In the future, if you have a Mr. Bigglesworth, he can easily solo Yu'la.  I give credit to our Hunter admin, Kattii, as I used her strat last week after an untimely crit and miss.  Use Claw, Ice Barrier, Ice Tomb, skip a turn, Claw, Claw, Claw, Ice Barrier, Ice Tomb, skip a turn, Claw, Claw, repeat.  Even if Yu'la gets an unlucky crit, your next pet should EASILY be able to finish her. 

I'm going to try your Turnip strat tonight.  I had a semi-raiding emergency last night, so I didn't do the Tournament.  I'll be streaming tonight.

Interesting! Does the Ice Tomb cast not consume a charge of the barrier? I don't have Mr. Bigglesworth yet, but it looks like I'm close—just need the Stitched Pup and the Viscidus slime.

Hope your semi-emergency got sorted out!

If you need Mr. Bigglesworth, add me on RealID tonight and I'll make a toon on your server.  I'll let you borrow those two pets so you get your achievement, then you can give them right back and have your own Mr. Bigglesworth.

battletag: ckernan1287#1556

Aw, that's very nice of you! I went and started farming after my last post, and I got the Gluth pet—no luck yet after a couple Viscidus kills, but I think I can stomach another run. If it still hasn't dropped I'll take you up on that I think :)

I did get my Bigglesworth last night ^_^  I tried the combo but it looked like my Ice Tomb cast was blocked by my own barrier. But as long as I get the tomb up first I think it'll still be good. Plus the cat looks awesome, haha

How did the stream go?

Only had 2 viewers - I'm assuming both were bots since no one was talking back to me.  Grats on your kitteh.

Aw, bummer. I meant to tune in but time got away from me and I forgot you're on eastern time. At least the bots/mimes/monks had good taste