FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Bralanlen

Yu'lon DPS Challenge

Hi Everyone! 

Does anyone have any good tips or advice for the Yu'lon DPS challenge?  Tried a few times last night and while I don't think it's anywhere near as difficult as Thunder Forge as I can bring his health down, I still managed to die every time........

I start off OK dropping my mirrors and popping every cd and hitting Wrathion pretty hard from behind, the main trouble I have is with those damned adds he spawns.  I have read that you can drop their aggro by popping invis before they spawn, do I need to have my elemental dismissed and greater invis to do this?  Does anyone know if I use ring of frost/deep freeze etc followed by invis if that drops their aggro?

Anyone have any good strategies for success?

As always, all advice is gratefully received!!!!!

I can't post my profile unfortunately due to ongoing realm conection!

Edited by Bralanlen

I honestly can't remember, sorry. I think I must've outgeared it, I don't remember having to use any clever tricks or anything.

When you hit Wrathion from behind he takes 300% increased damage, what you want to do is wait until he does his cleave attack then get behind him, lust and AP, IV, Combustion (spec depending) and just go hard, if you have 530 ilvl or above you should be able to melt his HP in a matter of seconds.

• Like 2

I keep reading about folks who zerg him down in seconds....I can't seem to manage it because those damned adds keep killing me!!!  The strategy I think you're supposed to use is to drop the adds aggro through invis and run up onto the balcony where you just take on Wraith.....problem is I just can't seem to drop their aggro, they just follow me up onto the balcony and kill me there instead!  I think it must be a timing issue on my part - I'll keep at it :)

I did this way back (though I certainly wasn't overgeared for it, about 522), so not sure I got all the facts straight, but have you tried cc'ing the adds?

You have nova,freeze,rof,coc if they all work on the adds you should be able to keep them in cc for the whole time.

Edited by lynx
  • Like 1

I tried CC'ing the adds, some of them (especially ROF) don't seem to work, while deep freeze only affects half of them!  I found this guide on the WOW Forums:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9377138150

which I'll try later on, I'm fairly convinced it's a timing issue around invis for me and a bit of awarnes of where I am and where Wraith is :)

As an update, I have managed to work out how to stop aggro'ing the adds - the advice in the link above is quite good! :)  Just need to work on moving and staying out of Wraithion's AOW now.

As an update, I have managed to work out how to stop aggro'ing the adds - the advice in the link above is quite good! smile.png  Just need to work on moving and staying out of Wraithion's AOW now.

One thing you have as an advantage.. blink.  Spec the glyph to double blink if you have to, but you can be instantly behind wrathion and use the RANGE to your advantage.  The adds should never be near you... back up, blink to the side.. use blazing speed.. there should be no reason to have adds on you.  You are a mage not a tank... fire from a distance, it's pretty easy.  Use your pet to attack the adds.. he will get aggro..

Also have you tried youtube?  Search for celestial challenge mage will yield LOTS of good examples.. of ALL classes mage is the easiest to down wrathion because of burst and movement...

Edited by rjparker1