FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
ClutchCat4lyst

DW Frost DPS Help

Recently switched to DW frost and no matter how much I've gone over my rotation etc. my numbers remain significantly below my sims, even for basically patchwerk fights.  I've looked over the logs but can't seem to determine the issue, so basically I'm wondering if anyone can find where the issue lies, especially on the Malkorok log, since on a fight that length I sim around 310k and did under 250k.  

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-1hh30tbxysrs8raq/details/14/?s=2254&e=2472

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-1hh30tbxysrs8raq/details/14/?s=7749&e=8107

I will add that my Howling Blast seems to have done too much/Frost Strike did too little on Malkorok, but I'm not sure what to change about that since they cost different resources and I wasn't capping runic power.

Looks like you didn't use any Pot for Malkorok fight and only once for Blackfuse. For a short fight like Malk, pre-potting and using pot a second time during the fight would contribute to a fair bit of DPS. Especially at the pull, with Lust+Army out.

Also, I don't see Obliterate in your rotation, so I assume you are following the MasterSimple rotation to cycle through your Unholy runes. In this case, I think Blood Plague uptime could have been better on Malk fight.

I think the default sim profile uses Obliterate and pre-pots for the fight. You could try modifying these and re-run to see if the theoretical value is closer.

Yea I should have added that I changed to sim to match my rotation, which is ignore Obliterate and only use Unholy runes when there is nothing else to do.  I did miss the second pot, but did pre-pot during Army.  I still feel like I might be missing something.

You can't really completely ignore Unholy runes until there is nothing to do. Ideally you want to be recycling them so that PL / BT can convert them into Death Runes to spend on HB.

I don't see Mogu Power in the buffs gained section of Malkorok, which would also explain the lower burst at the pull compared to Blackfuse.

Mal fight: your blood plague uptime is actually pretty bad strangely its higher on siegecrafter but you should always be aiming for maximum uptime on diseases.

You also only used SR 4 times, 3 of which landed compared to the 10 uses on siege.

I wouldn't be upset at all with 250k at 559 ilvl but yeah disease uptime and potting looks to be the things you should work on.  Sometimes KM doesn't proc as much so HB can pass it in damage on a fight, sometimes KM seems likes its up every 2 seconds.

Just realized I never posted back here, I think my biggest problem was that I had just switched back to dps after tanking for some time and needed a week to get used to doing everything fast with no gaps where I briefly hesitate on what to do next.  I'm now able to do around 285k with the same gear.  Thanks for your thoughts everyone.  

Um I mean everyone else posts have been pretty correct but tbh the one thing i've seen no one say is that you have a pretty low amount of soul reapers for malk says 4 black fuse says 7 i mean to be honest you should have in the 10-15 range depending where your group heros for malk and idk about blackfuse i can't remember my numbers of blackfuse.