FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Nakjorn

Off-Hand Question

Quick question. Im Affli/Destro  using the 13737 haste breakpoint. I had been using a raid-finder off hand off of garrosh (Haste/Mastery). Last raid I won the normal mode off hand from Iron Jug (Crit/Haste). Is it worth using the normal mode off-hand because of the increase in ilvl even though I gain crit and lose mastery as a main stat on the item?

Because all stats are good for destruction, I'd generally always go with the highest ilvl stuff you can get. This includes going for something like a warforged hit/crit belt over a normal hit/mastery belt, as the raw ilvl increase should generally win out.

Even though you're Aff/Demo, Liquid is absolutely correct about the importance of item level - more ilvl = more int. Int is our best stat point-for-point. We need two points of mastery to make up for one point of int. The only time I would even consider going back on this is if you got a WF hit/crit piece over a haste/mastery piece. At that point, because it is absolute worst itemization possible for your specs, I would look at the trade off and compare using some math.In general though, just use your highest item level piece.

(Ignore this entire discussion when it comes to the Frenzied Crystal of Rage trinket off Malkorok - it's utter garbage).

(Ignore this entire discussion when it comes to the Frenzied Crystal of Rage trinket off Malkorok - it's utter garbage).

Funny story: We had a pally in our guild using the mdps str version (wherever that's from) of this becaus eof the proc.....

/facepalmx10