FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
datrunk2dunk

How to maximize Spirit of Chi-Ji? And other stuff..

Well i'm relatively new to the class, that being said i have 14/14 exp currently, downed first Garrosh only last night, but yea, tried a few times etc, never wiped cuz of the healing. On one such run, i was with another resto druid, and he was amazing. 20 seconds into the fight he had like 200k hps, with pretty low over healing etc. That got me thinking, that maybe i'm not utilizing the legendary cloak proc to its fullest. Any ideas, advice, thoughts on this?

Another thing i have a problem with is, my over healing is always quite high, i asked a few people and they all said druids are an overhealing class dont worry about it etc. And i didnt, but then i do have mana issues on fights although i have 16k spirit. I guess thats related to the overhealing. Ill give u logs as soon as i can, but here is an armory link:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ragnaros/Rawrkitty/simple

Oh and how beneficial is 4p bonus exactly? Cuz i got the warforged head from Ordos, and normal shoulders from garrosh, which give me haste. But i'll lose the 4p bonus.

My stats right now are in tatters i guess, im just confused and been playing around a lot. Currently the haste cap is for the extra ticks i get when paired with SoTF, but lately i've become quite fond of incarnation. I raid in a 10 man guild, thats still trying to sort stuff out, and we intend to 2 heal. 

I do not run OOM on all fights, but lots of times im stretched quite thin and the only reason i brought that up was because i see people saying 14k spirit is enough etc and that my overhealing feels quite high.

I've never used logs before, so ill have to figure out how and use it and then i'll be sure to post it here, but what can you tell me for now?

Thanks in advance!

First, I'm not a druid expert.  Ignore me if someone else says I'm wrong.

If you have Recount or Skada, you can find the 4p healing as "Spark of Life" in the breakdown.  If the number listed there is pretty big, you probably don't want to lose the bonus.  Otherwise, helms and shoulders have huge stat budgets, and if they're better itemized that's fantastic too.

Being a good healer doesn't mean having high HPS, it means having high HPS and not getting oom :) However, in progression fights it's not strange to be sometimes really low on mana.

The key for druid healing is to keep using your free-cast procs from lifebloom for nourish/healing touches... and innervate yourself on cooldown.

I wouldn't use high HPS as a sign of a good healer. Sure it tells us something but far from enough to make that distinction imo.

Astherion has a good point regarding ooming though. Best way to tell if the healers are good (from recount/skada etc.) is to see if their healing amounts are roughly equal and neither has heavy mana issues during the fight. 

In the end it all boils down to getting through the fight, and if you achieve that then you have nothing to worry about.

Edited by Ceraius

Never go for Soul of the Forest breakpoints. They just leave with unneeded haste in between and if you end up not using it for that particular spell, then it's wasted all together. Stick with the normal 3k and 13k breakpoints and soul of the forest will still do it work.

Next, it's my opinion that Soul of the forest is much better in all circumstances, when each one is paired with wild growth. Incarnation can help if you feel you need to have burst or more sustained healing during a part of the fight but I still rather the SotF style.

For heroics 16k spirit is fine, may be much for normals. I currently run about 11k which is really on the low side, but I manage it for the most part. I think I may up it a bit cause I've been gasping for mana on some fights.

Use the Mr. Robot thread I have posted for stats. I would recommend doing the 3k breakpoint then stack mastery. Go for the 13k haste breakpoint when you can keep about 5k mastery or more with it.

And your opinion on whether i should sack the 4 piece being? I currently run a flex head and a flex shoulders, got a 553 (561) shoulder and 559 (567) head, both offering good stats. Replacing the 2 tier pieces will result in me getting a decent amount of INT, and a decent amount of mastery (~550) and ~150 haste, but at the expense of my 4 piece bonus. Thoughts on that?

Oh and thanks a lot all of you, for all your replies :)

Ok, anyone got anything to say on the major topic? How is the proc from the cloak best utilized? Also I hear that for 10 mans mastery outweighs even the 13k haste, how far is this true?

Sorry for the late reply, I haven't been around lately.

I feel the 4pc is better at higher haste values.  Its still decent regardless but I'm unsure if its worth replacing it.  Take a look at how much its actually healing for.  if its greater than 3-5% then probably keep it.

For haste in 10 mans: I'm not sure either.  I would say that haste is just as good since you can keep it up on a larger percentage of the raid than in 25 man, but mastery is still a viable way to go in either raid size.

For the cloak proc, most of the time I ignore it, but if you're watching for the proc the best thing to do would be blooming your mushroom (which will probably overheal some people which gets transferred to others) or use your Healing touch proc from your 2pc.

Well, Bindings is DPS only, and its called Prismatic Prison of Pride.

And no, Only use Prismatic Prison

Ah sorry *pleads dyslexic* :P . But i spoke to a couple of heroic resto druids and they seem to be of the opinion that the stat stack up is very nice. According to them it goes easy on losing mastery for the haste cap. 

Eh, I suppose I could see it, but I feel the cleave trinket does more than enough + with the proc.  I suppose at that point its more preference and fight specific.

If you want to play around with dropping a fair amount of spirit for secondary stats, you can try running the Sha trinket with the Siegecrafter trinket. Because of the way Innervate scales off of your spirit, if you pop it right as the Siegecrafter trinekt procs, you get back a crazy amount of mana over Innervate's duration. I wouldn't recommend even trying this unless you are EXTREMELY mana efficient as is, or have your preferred content on farm.   

if you pop it right as the Siegecrafter trinekt procs, you get back a crazy amount of mana over Innervate's duration.

I'm pretty sure Innervate doesn't benefit from short duration spirit bonuses. spell_nature_lightning.jpgInnervate

Between Lucidity and Clearcasting, you shouldn't be having mana issues at all unless you're overhealing like no tomorrow.