Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Just starting out with MW

5 posts in this topic

Hello all,

Just starting out with Mistweaving again.  My problem is every time I get to a dungeon, I can't seem to keep up healing, if I try to jab too.  Should I just be focusing on my one heal until I get better gear?  Even in lvl 15 dungeons, people die, or I get kicked out for not being able to keep health up.

If you're in the leveling phase I'd shy away from eminence healing if people keep dipping. If you get a good group that doesn't take a lot of unnecessary damage, then start working the Eminence in. 

For safety, stick to the basic heals. When safe, do some deeeps.

I recommend to only use Fistweaving when you reach level 20 or 34 since you will get spell_arcane_mindmastery.jpgMuscle Memory on level 20, and passive_monk_teachingsofmonastery.jpgTeachings of the Monastery on level 34. These 2 skills are the core of fistweaving.

It also depends how good the tank is.

If the tank self-heals (Paladin, Monk and Death Knights), you can Fistweave

If the tank needs healing (Druids and Warriors), you should Mistweave.

Remember to tell your tank to pull less mobs if you are struggling.

Dungeons on lower levels should be easy since the tank SHOULD be the only one taking damage (no aoe abilities yet). You can spam ability_monk_soothingmists.jpgSoothing Mist

I guess cause I'm so use to it, I always fistweave when leveling..  I usually out DPS everyone except maybe the tank. 

Fistweaving is more than enough to keep people alive and you should keep using ReM so that you can do other heals just in case when you need to switch.

Thanks all for the replies, going to try again today.   I am doing this without Hierlooms, so that might have something to do with it too.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Moooooooon
      This is a link to my armoury:
      These are the logs of my hc progress (sadly only nyth) where i greatly under performed:
      My rotation revolves around fist weaving and using as much thunder focus brews as i can, getting resets on Rising Sun Kick. My main healing spells are the 2 HOTs Enveloping mists and renewing mists, and i use my cooldowns when i see fit.
      As i realised though, i am not really performing well and i would really appreciate someone with a lot more experience than myself to help me. All help is welcome, i just want to get better! 
    • By Dereek
      Váde Enim is a friendly guild on Draenor EU 
      We are currently 7/7 normal and 4/7 heroic
      We are looking to expand to a 20+ man team and tackle mythic content. 
      We cover a number of events in guild including alt raids, mythic dungeons and mythic + content.
      Raiding days are Wednesday and Thursday 1945 - 2300 (server time) 
      We run Mythic + groups on throughout the week 
      We're looking for the following; (But all may be considered)
      Shadow Priests
      Feral and Balance Druids 
      Demon Hunters (Havoc)
      Arms Warrior
      We're mainly looking for Melee DPS on top of the classes we already have just to spread out our Melee / Ranged ratio.
      If you'd like to join and trial please contact Dereek, Rentend, Pettz, Vaior in game or add my bnet tag Villain #2997
      Many thanks

• By Wixii
      Boom Time is currently recruiting healers (and as always exceptional dps).
      What healers do we need?
      - Paladin (high)
      - Monk
      - 860+ (Not absolute minimum)
      - Mythic experience or impressive logs
      - A sense of humour
      Wednesday - 19:00-23:00
      Thursday - 19:00-23:00
      Sunday - 19:00-23:00
      Contact info, about us, etc
      Wixii#2580 (Healing Officer)
      Origin#2634 (Ranged Officer)
      Warlofd#2979 (Melee Officer)
    • By Cerenitee
      Moist is a Horde guild located on Illidan and is recruiting for our Core Mythic raid group. We are a 9 hour raiding guild making quick progression through The Emerald Nightmare!

We are currently looking to fill Core DPS/Healing raid spots.

Current Recruitment Needs

Monk: Windwalker
      Hunter: Marksmen
      Paladin: Ret
      Priest: Shadow

Druid: Resto
      Paladin: Holy

Other specs will be considered assuming you can perform to a superior standard.

Current Progression

The Emerald Nightmare
      7/7 Normal
      5/7 Heroic

Raid Times

Monday - 8:30 PM EST - 11:30 PM EST
      Tuesday - 8:30 PM EST - 11:30 PM EST
      Wednesday - 8:30 PM EST - 11:30 PM EST

About us

<Moist> is a guild that strives to push progression with a very short raid week. We expect our top raiders to know the insides and outs of their class and come to raid prepared. With a 9 hour raid week we expect everyone to play the best to their ability. Outside of raid nights we have plenty of activities happening ranging from alt runs, mount runs to other games outside of WoW such as League of Legends, HoTs, Hearthstone, and random steam games just to name a few.

What we expect from you:
      A reasonable level of dedication
      The ability to take criticism
      The ability to learn from your mistakes
      Something, something sense of humor

What to expect from us:
      Friendly environment
      People to laugh, and have fun with
      Progress oriented raid nights
      Optional non-raid-night activities (mog and mount runs, BGs, Arenas)

We are currently using Personal Loot. So far everyone really seems to be enjoying it. There is a lot less drama with Personal Loot than the normal Master loot most guilds do.

If you're interested in learning more about us or applying to the guild please apply at - Click on the Recruitment tab on the menu bar. If you have any questions please feel free to message us in game or post below.

Cerenitie (Cerenitee#1650)
      Pip (Piptooth#1430)
    • By Rogmaw
      So i was lucky enough to get Drinking Horn Cover for my WW. 
      I was playing around with it today and i noticed something. It seems you should get the Energizing Elixir talent. Reason being is that if you manage to pull off the rotation properly then you can actually be able to use Fist of Fury twice before the Storm, Earth and Fire clones expires. This makes it really good considering the artifact passives that affect FoF with and without SEaF.
      Currently, i'm seeing this rotation to be the most effective:
      x2 Tiger Palm > Touch of Death > Storm, Earth and Fire > Fist of Fury > Strike of the Windlord > RSK > Blacout Kick until FoF's off CD. (Make sure you have chi when that happens)
      The idea is to increase the chi spent as much as possible in between cooldowns, while still making sure that the very millisecond it goes off cooldown you have 3 chi to spend on it.
      In order to make sure your SEaF are still up until the end of FoF, you can not use Whirling Dragon Punch during SEaF.  AFAIK, you can't change talents to compensate for that. Serenity doesn't work with the legendary and I have no theoretical number on Chi Orbit You can't rely on combo strikes on every single hit as you need to burn chi fast by spamming Blackout kick Question then is, does the downside far outweigh the upside, should i not prioritize double FoF?