FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Debaglio

580 bound....Fury DPS low!

I recently switched from protection to fury. I feel that my dps is low. I was looking for some feedback on how to increase my output. For the past couple of weeks I have waffled between rotations, BS/DR, other stat redistribution and have not seen any major gains. I feel that my gear is not holding me back, unless my flexible version of EoG is really gimping the setup. Is it possible for fury to contend with the top five(three) dps/damage slots in current SoO content? Please find a link/log. Any feedback greatly appreciated.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-24leps20kxz23f13/sum/damageDone/

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kelthuzad/Debaglio/simple

• Like 1

Other than the fact that you're neither hit or expertise capped, your gear looks fine.

Fury, when played right, can definitely compete for a top DPS spot in raids.

Looking at your malkorok log, you have room for improvement on multiple points.

First, make sure you cast Bloodthirst on CD. You used 28 out of 43 possible BTs on that fight. You also used 28 RB charges out of 30 generated. Make sure you use them all. 

Also, you had the possibility to cast 9 CS, but only did 8. It would be ok if you delayed CS a bit for Stormbolt, but you only cast 7 Stormbolts, so something doesn't add up there.

You also used Whirlwind on a pure single target fight, 9 times. Why?

You had a few CS phases where you were not enraged, that is a big hit to your DPS. Furthermore, you didn't stack your CDs with CS, which also hurt your DPS by a lot. Finally, you didn't use any potions.

Other than that it doesn't look too bad, maybe a bit heavy on the HS vs WS uses, but not much more.

I would need to see how you do your CS phases to see if there's room for improvement there, but I can only do so on Warcraftlogs.

Hope this helps, 

-rage

• Like 1

Other than the fact that you're neither hit or expertise capped, your gear looks fine.

(It seems that I am swimming in hit, and tried to rebalance hit and expertise for this week + coined HEEoG)

Looking at your malkorok log, you have room for improvement on multiple points.

First, make sure you cast Bloodthirst on CD. You used 28 out of 43 possible BTs on that fight. You also used 28 RB charges out of 30 generated. Make sure you use them all. 

Also, you had the possibility to cast 9 CS, but only did 8. It would be ok if you delayed CS a bit for Stormbolt, but you only cast 7 Stormbolts, so something doesn't add up there.

You also used Whirlwind on a pure single target fight, 9 times. Why?

(I was using WW out of habit to fill downtime/add RB for add damage for Heroic version even though we were doing normal.....)

You had a few CS phases where you were not enraged, that is a big hit to your DPS. Furthermore, you didn't stack your CDs with CS, which also hurt your DPS by a lot. Finally, you didn't use any potions.

(I started using the setup for weakauras pinned to the forums and I think this helped with my uptime. I also macroed Recklessness/Banner/DR together, and pre-potted on every pull.)

I would need to see how you do your CS phases to see if there's room for improvement there, but I can only do so on Warcraftlogs.

(Please find most recent H Malkorok kill in both log versions plus an updated armory. Any additional tips/advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.)

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-fg08ssgty7b0bgvc/details/2/?s=1375&e=1699

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/CXwYJ12PLK7WnFMa#fight=3&source=3

Edited by Debaglio
  • Like 1

Hey, thanks for posting some new logs!

They really don't look too shabby, but there's still some room for improvement:

You used BT 48 out of 71 possibilities, if you could bring this up a bit more you'd probably see better numbers.

16 CS and 12 Stormbolt, something doesn't add up, especially since you have a Heroic EEoG, Moreover, you used some of your Stormbolts either before casting CS or after CS was over. Remember that Stormbolt is your #1 priority to cast during CS.

Your enrage uptime looks fine, though there was 1 full CS phase where you weren't enraged.

Also, you generated 47 RB charges, but ended up casting only 43. Make sure to always cast RB when you reach 2 charges to not waste any of them!

Finally for your CS phases, other than Stormbolt not always being where it should be, you seem to be casting Heroic Strike around 3 times per CS. It's good, but try and get this up to 4 or 5 HS per CS to see even better results.

I hope this helps and if there's anything else I can do to help or if anything was unclear let me know!

-rage

Hi Ragebarr, 

Its been a fortnight since my last posting, and I wanted to touch base.

I have been working on the noted suggestions, and  seem to still be in the middle of the dps pack. The weak aura setup has definitely helped with my rage-up time, and cool down management. Now that I have been working with HEEoG I notice that I usually end up with a 2 second span between CS and SB allowing for a nice lineup with the global cool down.

Other than the brief recap, I wanted to leave a log for you to look at, just in case there are some things that are standing out to you that need to be addressed. (I did recently acquire a HTTT at the end of this week and wonder if this will the missing link to the increase in dps I am lookinng for)?

Thanks again for your time!

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Nbpca7F9wDktBCMj#type=damage-done&source=27&fight=10

Edited by Debaglio

With HEEoG, SB's CD should be 20.8 seconds, which is close enough to CS's CD that you should barely notice the difference any more.

Thok's logs aren't the ideal to check, because you spend a lot of time not attacking, but there are still a couple things I can see from it.

I believe you could still be casting more CS on this fight. The logs show you at 17 CS casts on an 8 and a half minutes fight. Even if we assume you couldn't attack for a full 2 minutes on this fight (which is a lot) you should've been able to cast ~19. In the same order of ideas, you ended up casting 1 less SB than CS, so make sure you really focus on getting a SB right after each CS.

You also seem to have some longer periods of downtime that I think you should have. Remember that you can melee Thok during his first ~2 fixates if you're careful (unless of course your raids leader forbids you from doing that, in which case I didn't say anything :) )

Finally, Bladestorm is a stronger choice than Dragon Roar assuming you will hit at least 2 targets once in the encounter. The only encounters where I would recommend Dragon Roar this tier are Normal Malkorok, Normal Thok, and Siegecrafter if you never have to AoE the mines.

Hello Ragebarr,

With HEEoG, SB's CD should be 20.8 seconds, which is close enough to CS's CD that you should barely notice the difference any more. 

I agree the gap between CS, and SB are barely noticeable anymore with HEEoG! (I missed out on two HWEEoG's in the last two weeks... How important is it that I obtain an HWEEoG, and will it significantly change up the rotation?

Thok's logs aren't the ideal to check, because you spend a lot of time not attacking, but there are still a couple things I can see from it.

Sorry about posting logs for Thok... for some reason we did not get data for earlier fights that night, and I have really enjoyed getting your feedback and that was all I had to post. 

Downtime. Man...... I do seem to run into some serious down time during my rotation, and usually end up worried about dps loss forcing a random heroic throw, whirlwind or something stupid like a heroic leap to the other side of the group. What is causing this periodic downtime?! Am I just supposed to sit there and wait? 

Finally, Bladestorm is a stronger choice than Dragon Roar assuming you will hit at least 2 targets once in the encounter. The only encounters where I would recommend Dragon Roar this tier are Normal Malkorok, Normal Thok, and Siegecrafter if you never have to AoE the mines.

I swapped over to BS for the past coulple weeks, and I can usually start a rotation and finish it up with BS resulting in 1.2+mil dps, but it quickly diminishes resulting in Lock/Hunter chart domination. 

/cry

/wrists

Please help. Find logs posted below, and once again thank you for your time!

http://w.worldoflogs.com/reports/4im3i3qmuq86tsov/details/19/?s=453&e=751

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Y9Kz2XpcryQAWPnq#fight=4&source=29ww

Edited by Debaglio

1. HWF EEoG is better than H EEoG, for obvious reasons, but it won't change your rotation much. (It will give you slightly more freedom in your SB usage, but nothing changes in a major way).

2. I was mostly talking about Thok's kiting phases, where you're just sitting around unable to hit him, that makes logs super weird to analyze, but a Fury warrior will always have downtime in it's rotation. If you have nothing to cast, (e.g. you're low on rage, don't have 2 charges of RB, no WS proc and BT is on cooldown) you can fill in the void with Heroic Throw, but it's OK to also just wait a GCD until something becomes available. This kind of downtime should barely happen anymore if you're managing your rage and RB charges correctly, but it still does happen sometime.

3. Don't compare yourself to other classes, since everyone has their strengths and weaknesses. You're better off comparing yourself to other players who play the same spec you do. Having another class beat you on a given fight isn't something out of the norm, unless you are getting beaten by most of the classes on *every* fight.

---

Looking at the logs, I still see small mistakes that are costing you a lot of DPS. For example, you used CS on an add once on Malkorok. Cleave damage should be enough to kill those, and even if you have to switch to them, there is a good chance that using CS on them will be wasted if they die before the 6 seconds is over. 

Also, you got 1 of your CS parried. This definitely hurts your DPS a lot. Remeber to *always* hit the boss from behind, unless doing so would kill you. Especially on Malkorok, always being behind shouldn't be hard.

BT: 37/66. =(

RB: 26/34 =( Not only is the total amount of RBs generated low, you didn't use all of them. You should eally be focusing on getting more BTs in and on not wasting any Rb charges.

You also used Cleave, which should pretty much never be used as Fury. Cleave rule is if you're at 110+ rage and there is 2 targets, but since when there is 2+ targets, you use WW to stack up meat cleaver you should never be at 110+ rage (unless you're in a fight where you can abuse Berseker Stance).

Hope this helps, and sorry for the delay,

-rage

1. HWF EEoG is better than H EEoG, for obvious reasons, but it won't change your rotation much. (It will give you slightly more freedom in your SB usage, but nothing changes in a major way).

2. I was mostly talking about Thok's kiting phases, where you're just sitting around unable to hit him, that makes logs super weird to analyze, but a Fury warrior will always have downtime in it's rotation. If you have nothing to cast, (e.g. you're low on rage, don't have 2 charges of RB, no WS proc and BT is on cooldown) you can fill in the void with Heroic Throw, but it's OK to also just wait a GCD until something becomes available. This kind of downtime should barely happen anymore if you're managing your rage and RB charges correctly, but it still does happen sometime.

3. Don't compare yourself to other classes, since everyone has their strengths and weaknesses. You're better off comparing yourself to other players who play the same spec you do. Having another class beat you on a given fight isn't something out of the norm, unless you are getting beaten by most of the classes on *every* fight.

---

Looking at the logs, I still see small mistakes that are costing you a lot of DPS. For example, you used CS on an add once on Malkorok. Cleave damage should be enough to kill those, and even if you have to switch to them, there is a good chance that using CS on them will be wasted if they die before the 6 seconds is over. 

Also, you got 1 of your CS parried. This definitely hurts your DPS a lot. Remeber to *always* hit the boss from behind, unless doing so would kill you. Especially on Malkorok, always being behind shouldn't be hard.

BT: 37/66. =(

RB: 26/34 =( Not only is the total amount of RBs generated low, you didn't use all of them. You should eally be focusing on getting more BTs in and on not wasting any Rb charges.

You also used Cleave, which should pretty much never be used as Fury. Cleave rule is if you're at 110+ rage and there is 2 targets, but since when there is 2+ targets, you use WW to stack up meat cleaver you should never be at 110+ rage (unless you're in a fight where you can abuse Berseker Stance).

Hope this helps, and sorry for the delay,

-rage

Low BT's... Low RB's... 

Take a look at this week?!??

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/w0x6i40cm49e7z40/details/4/?s=9994&e=10357

Thank you for your time. 

Hi Debaglio,

seems you have made the same mistakes again:
BT usage is low 47/80,
RB charges generated 42, you used 38. Atleast this number is in the logs, but it could be skewed due to meatcleaver stacks you gained. Again, you used cleave and whirlwind on a fight, where add damage shouldn´t be a concern with all those legendary cloaks/Bladestorm.
Enrage uptime is very low 65 %.
You used Heroic Strike just 6 times, in a perfect world you could have used it around 68 times(17 CS x 4)

You missed 1 SB, which is not that bad, but try to align it with CS, where you also missed 1, but the time window on the missing one was like 16 seconds.

Hi Debaglio,

seems you have made the same mistakes again:

BT usage is low 47/80,

RB charges generated 42, you used 38. Atleast this number is in the logs, but it could be skewed due to meatcleaver stacks you gained. Again, you used cleave and whirlwind on a fight, where add damage shouldn´t be a concern with all those legendary cloaks/Bladestorm.

Enrage uptime is very low 65 %.

You used Heroic Strike just 6 times, in a perfect world you could have used it around 68 times(17 CS x 4)

You missed 1 SB, which is not that bad, but try to align it with CS, where you also missed 1, but the time window on the missing one was like 16 seconds.

Hello Check0790,

Thank you for your input. I do see that I am logging some of the same errors each week on Malk, with my BT's and RB's being low overall on each parse. I think I feel a lot of pressure to help with the adds on that fight (sometimes I taunt them in if they are out on the rdps) resulting in the use of WW. This could account for why my BT's are low (GCD replaced by WW) resulting in low RB's.

I wonder if I should be posting a different single target log. Take a look at this fight, and please give me additional feedback.

Thank you very much for your time.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/w0x6i40cm49e7z40/details/4/?s=5660&e=6005

Edited by Debaglio

Hi Debaglio,

after a quick glance at your IJ logs, here are some things( I assume you use the knockback strategy):
Never use Cleave on a single target fight, even if the Crawler Mines have healthbars, indicating they are attackable, they are immune to everything. Wasted Rage.
Don´t use Whirlwhind, same reason like Cleave. It´s a high cost attack and the stacks from meatcleaver won´t  be worth the trouble. Even a noncrit wildstrike makes more damage than WW on single target.

I see no pot or prepot. Use them. These will heighten your burst in the opener and in the execute phase.
One use of Shattering Throw in the middle of nowhere. Use it in the beginning and maybe in the end, if Mortar Blast voids allow it.

You used BT 43 times out of 53 possibilities(4 minutes of assault phase), a stepup from 47/80 but there is room for improvement.
This time you used every single proc of RB, Good Job. The log says you missed one, but this one got generated through Berserker Rage in the siege phase, when you were not able to use it.

CS uptime is also good, considering the fight mechanic, but your usage of it shows room for improvement. You generated 330 rage through Collossal Rage, which means you used 66 special attacks during your CSs. This equals 4.7 attacks per CS, which means you used Heroic Strike every third CS, resulting in 4-5 HS. Your 20 HS usages tell another story.
Please consider the 6-14 system, where you build up rage and RB procs while waiting for CS to be ready. Don´t use HS outside of CS, unless you´re ragecapping.

I don´t know why you used Pummel, but since it´s off the GCD and you use it in that way, it should not influence your dps.

Check0790

Hello Rage, Check and other Lurkers,

Thank you for the continued comments, and advice. I took the past couple weeks to work on getting my BT's up, using all RB's, and lining up CS and SB (but still miss one here and there). I am still getting crushed by warlocks, and hunters all day long. My burst is amazing, but I am quickly overtaken by the ranged classes. Take a look at these current logs- any additional feedback would be great!

Am I at least in the ballpark for where my dps is supposed to be? Or am I still low for my current gear/itemization (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kelthuzad/Debaglio/simple)? Also, I was able to obtain an HW Britomart's Jagged Pike. Should I be using this upgraded 580 until I get a more preferable 2h? Thoughts on SMF at this point?

Thanks again for your help guys!

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/1Bq8DrJYkPQLdyc6/#fight=38&source=54

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/hop4dwcb0cm9ukjd/details/51/?s=9495&e=9820

Edited by Debaglio

Quick rules on weapons: Higher ilvl is better. Therefore, go for the 580 until you find a better itemized 580.

This tier, SMF is lagging behind TG, so you should only go SMF if both your SMF weapons are higher ilvl. Considering you have a 580 for TG, SMF isn't going to happen for yout this tier.

Without going into the logs in detail, it's normal for locks to outdps warriors, if they're played well. Still, you should be able to get your DPS up by a couple 10ks with the gear you have atm. 

Hello,

I wish I could change the subject to this thread to 588 bound... Fury DPS STILL LOW!!!

I have been working with new drops, item upgrades etc. I still feel like my DPS is low. Take a look at some logs. Any additional feedback would be great!!!

Thanks!

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/pou5uug1llws2xdu/sum/damageDone/?enc=bosses&boss=71466