FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Rambow

Hunter question?

So I have a couple of questions....

1. Is haste better than crit because of the legendary cloak proc rate being more with more haste?

2. Is crit better than haste for survival hunter even if you have the cloak?

(since the cloak is actually a fair amount of our dps)

3. At high gear levels, nearly best in slot, does survival pull ahead in most circumstances?

So I have a couple of questions....

1. Is haste better than crit because of the legendary cloak proc rate being more with more haste?

2. Is crit better than haste for survival hunter even if you have the cloak?

(since the cloak is actually a fair amount of our dps)

3. At high gear levels, nearly best in slot, does survival pull ahead in most circumstances?

1. All non ICD procs are RPPM and thus don't scale with haste anymore.

2. I'd go with haste (until comfortable with focus regen) > crit > haste > mastery

3. Can't answer that, I'm only 533 right now.

• Like 1

1. yes your cloak procs are affected by haste but not so much that its worth going full haste for. Back in TOT when just about everything was RPPM haste pulled ahead. But since then RPPM has been nerfed. 

2. Crit is the main stat for both BM and SV, then haste then mastery. Even though mastery increases the damage of SV shots, it's currently not at the point were mastery is better than crit. 

3. At higher levels it depends on the fight and your comfort level with BM and SV. Heroic Garrosh for example can be killed as either SV or Bm, however BM's Beastial Wrath burst lines up very well with the adds in p1 and transition 1 and can put reliable damage into the boss. SV is currently much like being a fire mage, if you have great procs you do great amounts of damage. But most hunters go BM for H Garry, at least until their group's first kill. 

• Like 1