FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Slideri

Tips for fire?

There comes a time when the people asking for help have surpassed the progression of the one designated to help others. Man I need to get my guild in line and finish off this tier, we've been so bad since November.

I assume your CoC glyph is for add fights, good call- pulling that off is a lot of extra DPS. I'd switch to Temporal Shield, as it's off the GCD and is better on every fight in the entirety of Heroic SoO.

I would put an expertise gem in your helm, then remove the reforge-- slight dps gain but no big deal. 

If you link some logs we can see how well you're rolling ignites and doing combusion. Aside from that I'd say you're in pretty good shape Mr. Heroic Blackfuse.

Hey, thanks. Just switched again to fire, from frost (where was progressing Siegecrafter Heroic). I know that I need to play more to improve my fire spec again. Thats why I am asking too.

Logs (from today): http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-kgykeyz8tw636f1t/

First of all, I need to improve my uptime: Invoker's Energy and Living Bomb. They are around 80%. So for sure it's not good... Anyway maybe it's just my day. But I knew that I play badly today and without logs, I felt that I forget sometimes about IE or bombs.-- Anyway if you could check logs, and give me some more tips would be awesome. Maybe combusions. I lost a lot of dps - certainly Malkorok. Maybe not always, but today for sure. 0.5s too slowly, or to fast cast and lost 20k on tick in my combustion...

Im using CombustionHelper addon for this. I try to use my combustion on about ~50k ticks (Well it's max, sometimes 60 -- no, not today :d), but usually it was shitty combustion ticks, I dont know, about ~20k?

It's still about 80% on logs (same as my faults) so if I could improve my uptime, and ignite/combustion so it should be better. I'll be obliged for your help.

btw. I play with my old time group, just without guild (several problems to rejoin) ph34r.png

Im not near your level of raiding, but i personally find a good ui (especially a well set-up Weak Auras) is amazing to keep good uptime on key abilities. If you aren't using it already, i'd look into that to improve your gameplay, and if you are you may want to try and set it up a little differently to make things (like lack of IE) more visible.

I assume your CoC glyph is for add fights, good call- pulling that off is a lot of extra DPS. I'd switch to Temporal Shield, as it's off the GCD and is better on every fight in the entirety of Heroic SoO.ing ignites and doing combusion. Aside from that I'd say you're in pretty good shape Mr. Heroic Blackfuse.

I'm gonna be a dick and just point out that for Malkorok progress I would recommend Ice Barrier! TS works great on farm but make progress much easier if you have that extra shield.

I also used it for Spoils progress; at times there was a lot of stuff going on so I found it a bit hard to TS before every big hit, so just went Ice Barrier and used it on CD, great damagereduction.

For everything else, TS!

• Like 1

Yeah in 10m you feel compelled to try out different things more.

My experience is primarily 25H so I'm speaking from that angle. Since I've been in 10H for 2 weeks now I definitely see what you're saying though :)

Yeah in 10m you feel compelled to try out different things more.

My experience is primarily 25H so I'm speaking from that angle. Since I've been in 10H for 2 weeks now I definitely see what you're saying though smile.png

OMG Akraen. You... You.... Just... Admit that Ice Barrier can be used... You... Are you ill? oO

• Like 1

It's a DPS loss but if you require it for a kill, obviously that comes first.

It's still a bad talent compared to TS.

Ok, so we compared TS and Ice Barrier. I of course changing these two talents, something like a bomb :) What about combution, and ignite in my logs above? :D

As you noted above Slideri, I also think that your uptimes should be corrected.

Living bomb is is always the best on single target fights and it is VERY important to keep it up almost 100%, especially for fire, because it adds a 1.3x multiplier to your crit change on the target thanks to Pyromaniac.

You also realized that the problem might be with your combustion and I also think this. It should be at least around 40-45k on average normal ticks, but well.. It might be RNG.. This is all fire.. :)

I mean, you seem to know how to make a good combustion.. Wait for procs, do the combo, profit. If all of your Pyros crit, you will be a happy mage, and have 60k combustion, then out of 5, only 2 crits and you will be a sad mage.

You cannot really do much about it..^^

Although, one thing. I can see that you used Scorch quite excessively.33 casts seems quite a lot to me on Malkorok. What's the reason for this?

As you noted above Slideri, I also think that your uptimes should be corrected.

Living bomb is is always the best on single target fights and it is VERY important to keep it up almost 100%, especially for fire, because it adds a 1.3x multiplier to your crit change on the target thanks to Pyromaniac.

You also realized that the problem might be with your combustion and I also think this. It should be at least around 40-45k on average normal ticks, but well.. It might be RNG.. This is all fire.. smile.png

I mean, you seem to know how to make a good combustion.. Wait for procs, do the combo, profit. If all of your Pyros crit, you will be a happy mage, and have 60k combustion, then out of 5, only 2 crits and you will be a sad mage.

You cannot really do much about it..^^

Although, one thing. I can see that you used Scorch quite excessively.33 casts seems quite a lot to me on Malkorok. What's the reason for this?

That's not like you. Pyromaniac increases damage done by certain spells such as Fireball and Pyroblast by 10%. Critical mass gives 1.3x crit to those spells and that is a passive functional at all times. That doesn't take away the fact you uptime on Living Bomb should be very, very high. 

I also wouldn't worry too much about Combustion. If you do your pull right then there is nothing you can do. Focus on improving during the actual fight. I see a trend where people worry a lot about their pull dps, but not so much about their dps in the rest of the fight. Always be casting, try to minimise movements, improve uptimes. Basically, focus on efficient play.

Oh god, I always mix up those two spells....

So.. Yes.. Pyromniac increases damage done of those spells by 10% and lasts 15 seconds on the target. That's quite decent damage increase to your abilities, which also contributes to combustion and ignite as well, so yes... Keep LB and IE up!

Yep, minimized movement is exactly the reason why I asked about excessive Scorch usage. :)

Probably used it when thrown in the air, and during the phase of cleaning the board, and in normal phase to avoid Essence of Y'Shaarj, also overall race for spot(plasma) and before smash. It's hc, not normal, and I have some tasks to do. Anyway I should minimise movements :)

Two frost mages attempt to moderate a forum of fire and arcane mages.

Slipups are bound to happen :P

Probably used it when thrown in the air, and during the phase of cleaning the board, and in normal phase to avoid Essence of Y'Shaarj, also overall race for spot(plasma) and before smash. It's hc, not normal, and I have some tasks to do. Anyway I should minimise movements smile.png

All I can say to all these excuses is: Blink. :)

All of the movement you mentioned here can be solved with it. Thingy on ground: Blink--->continue fireballing.

Two frost mages attempt to moderate a forum of fire and arcane mages.

Slipups are bound to happen tongue.png

Sigh. You silly one trick bunnies :p

• Like 2