FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
abysslol

PLEASE tell me what I'm doing wrong :(

I'm probably not one to say people what to do, but i'd like to get a go at it biggrin.png

You should focus on getting mastery, 4 set pieces and KTT/BBoY.

That cleave trinket of yours is crappy, i don't like it. smile.png As for the rest of you gear, try and get more pieces with mastery. That's the one stat you want most. Get it, love it & eat it.

Also be aware of your reforges; you only want 15% hit, and then you can choose between haste or crit, doesn't really matter. Its mostly just what you like. Personally i like a bit more haste,. I like shorter CB casts, this way i can position myself a bit better on progression fights.

You also might wanne take GoSac and find a new weapon. As for gameplay (which affects your dps most of all). Have you read this thread at least 5 times? If not, reread it be awesome!!

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/3496-zagams-fixing-your-dps-faq/

Well i'm not an expert yet, but dont think i'm going wrong with saying this smile.png

Good luck!

Edited by Deamux
  • Like 1

As for the logs, i'm looking at sha of pride, and see immolate 45,6% uptime, 6 shadowburns. There should be way more of those. Also why are you focussing the adds? I'm not sure about 25 man, but on 10 man heroic tanks just picks up the adds and dps stay on boss mostly. I see you casting FnB incinerate on them? Also 23 CB casts, seems low, are you capping embers?

Only trying to help here so if i'm saying stupid stuff, poke me and say, oi mate STFU smile.png

Oops, i looked at the wrong person it seems blink.png

Edited by Deamux

WoL 

Its a lot more helpful if you upload to Warcraftlogs.com,

You're at 18.31% hit, 3.31% over cap. Fix it.

Tailoring at 562 is fine as you get the Lightweave, but Enchanting at only 112 is meh. It's not a massive gain but two professions does help and there is no reason to not have it.

Logs:

Sha

81% Immolate uptime on Sha - this should be at least 95%, fix it.

CB average damage is low, snap shot it with trinket it procs.

Iron Jug

84% uptime with Immolate, depending on strat this is an okay uptime, if you're NOT using a far stacking strat and you're close to the boss almost all the time then this is a really bad uptime.

You should consider using the Imp over the Observer, the movement and target swapping in SoO makes the Observer fairly weak.

A lot better analysis can be given if you upload to Warcraft logs, WoL is just a pain to use.

• Like 1

You also might wanne take GoSac 

GoSac is only a DPS gain when you're using KTT. Before KTT GoSup is better.

As for the logs, i'm looking at sha of pride, and see immolate 45,6% uptime, 6 shadowburns. 

I'm seeing 81% uptime and 18 SB casts, I think you're looking at something wrong.

Also why are you focussing the adds? I'm not sure about 25 man, but on 10 man heroic tanks just picks up the adds and dps stay on boss mostly. I see you casting FnB incinerate on them? 

There are a lot more adds in 25m, it's normal for DPS to burn them down after tanks pick them up. Most of my 10man heroic groups have done this also but either strat works fine, depends on the groups strengths.

10 and 25man Warlocks gain a HUGE single target DPS gain from dropping F&B Immolate and RoF on a nice pack of adds, especially ones that have enough HP for Immolate to tick nicely. Ember generation is key. Even if the tanks are picking up the adds and dealing with them there is no reason for warlocks to ignore that massive opportunity. 

• Like 1

GoSac is only a DPS gain when you're using KTT. Before KTT GoSup is better.

I don't agree. Perhaps on pure single target it could be close, but GoSac with high mastery is just pure win in SoO. So many opportunities to increase ember generation which benefits GoSac over GoSup.

I'd use GoSup if I was bad at spending embers, was FnBing the whole fight, or had really low mastery.

GoSac is a DPS gain if you're wise about snapshotting Chaos Bolt and using Shadowburn optimally.  GoSup is going to be slightly ahead if you aren't as good.  The difference is small, but it does exist.  KTT can magnify GoSac substantially with some RNG.