FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
wombocombo

Hey guys, question about Arcane opener

There are times when I get really really sad as Arcane.  Open up, get a couple missile procs and one trinket/meta proc.  Get to 4 charges of Arcane Blast but the other trinket still hasn't proc'd.

What is the best course of action here?  Alter time and if the other trinket procs cancel?

There are times when I get really really sad as Arcane.  Open up, get a couple missile procs and one trinket/meta proc.  Get to 4 charges of Arcane Blast but the other trinket still hasn't proc'd.

What is the best course of action here?  Alter time and if the other trinket procs cancel?

Just like this topic tells you, you'll want to Alter Time anyway and keep going. I know that losing the Bindings proc hurts, but it hurts even more to wait.

DO NOT DO THIS, wait for bindings, always always always wait for bindings.

Could you elaborate?

PBOI is the entirety of your burst on your opener. If you AT and lose your PBOI proc, you're shorting yourself about 2-4 million+ damage in bomb damage alone, since with AP and PBOI your ticks of LB can crit for half a million, your other trinkets don't matter if they get cut as much, they are RPPM, they'll pop up again and even if you only get 6 seconds of it, you are getting more than half the duration, but PBOI you are taking a 75% loss, and with such a long duration on the proc it keeps your "sustained burst" up.  It's to valuable and too powerful a trinket to risk, it's the same proc as KTT for twice as long.

Edit: I am not discrediting what Akraen stated in the linked thread, since that is in regards to frost and I am not as versed in frost as I am in arcane, I am saying purely for arcane you should never cut your PBOI proc short, if you HAVE to use alter time for whatever reason, if your PBOI procs in the middle of it, it's better to cancel your AT than let it take your PBOI away.

Edited by voltaa

PBOI is the entirety of your burst on your opener. If you AT and lose your PBOI proc, you're shorting yourself about 2-4 million+ damage in bomb damage alone, since with AP and PBOI your ticks of LB can crit for half a million, your other trinkets don't matter if they get cut as much, they are RPPM, they'll pop up again and even if you only get 6 seconds of it, you are getting more than half the duration, but PBOI you are taking a 75% loss, and with such a long duration on the proc it keeps your "sustained burst" up.  It's to valuable and too powerful a trinket to risk, it's the same proc as KTT for twice as long.

Edit: I am not discrediting what Akraen stated in the linked thread, since that is in regards to frost and I am not as versed in frost as I am in arcane, I am saying purely for arcane you should never cut your PBOI proc short, if you HAVE to use alter time for whatever reason, if your PBOI procs in the middle of it, it's better to cancel your AT than let it take your PBOI away.

Okay, this way it is completely acceptable by me as well. Thanks for the input.

But PBoI's proc is the exact same amount of int as the other trinkets give you, so wouldn't you rather snapshot mage bomb with everything you have except for PBoI, instead of just PBoI? Especially if you have skull banner and potion up as well. 

If not, how would you see a "delayed" pull happen, would you save Arcane Power as well(Since I assume you will want to snapshot that with AT as well?)?

• Like 1

But PBoI's proc is the exact same amount of int as the other trinkets give you, so wouldn't you rather snapshot mage bomb with everything you have except for PBoI, instead of just PBoI? Especially if you have skull banner and potion up as well. 

If not, how would you see a "delayed" pull happen, would you save Arcane Power as well(Since I assume you will want to snapshot that with AT as well?)?

Same amount for twice the amount of time, you are wasting more by wasting a PBOI than you are letting your other trinket run it's duration, PBOI will be up for the entirety of your AP when unglyphed.  You can look at it this way, since the proc is the same amount of int, PBOI is worth twice what KTT is at the start of a fight.  You would delay your arcane power, since alter time with AP is a set rotation.

Now I'm not saying that either of these situations will be a "good" opener, both will dump on your dps, but delaying for PBOI will just take less of a dump.

Voltaa's correct but only because of the duration of Arcane Power.

Frost obviously doesn't have that, we do have Icy Veins, but it doesn't draw quite the same benefit as AP. Don't get me wrong, it hurts to lose the PBoI, but for frost yeah - keep on trucking and hope you wipe/reset :)