FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Frame

Excecution phase & havoc

Guest garmeth06

5 emberbits = 1M? That's very hypothetical. 5 emberbits = 1/2 CB, or about 500k damage. Have to quantify everyhting. This line likely lies somewhere just south of 2s CB casts

Liquid said with both trinket procs :P, I've seen sparkuggz hit 3 mil chaos bolts in an opener. Even assuming 2 mil for a chaos bolt thats what I got my number from.

Mine hit for 3.3M with the right situation.  Unfortunately, you will never have all the procs live later in the fight that you have at the beginning.  It's just theoretically a nightmare to even desire it.  Emberbits can only be theoretically calculated as DPS if you actually spend them later.  If you Shadowburn and Incinerate back up to 0.8 Burning Embers and the boss dies, you can't calculate those 8 pieces as DPS.

dont know if this has been mentioned but in the very last seconds of a boss, i'll typically spam FF in an attempt to get one last whole ember for a SB. works more often than not and is better than hardcasting incinerates which have a longer cast and travel time.

dont know if this has been mentioned but in the very last seconds of a boss, i'll typically spam FF in an attempt to get one last whole ember for a SB. works more often than not and is better than hardcasting incinerates which have a longer cast and travel time.

This is bad.  I can justify hitting an add at 21% with Fel Flame to push it to be Shadowburned, but using Fel Flame to build embers over Incinerate?  It's like you're deliberately hurting your own DPS to get an extra Shadowburn that may not crit thus causing you to actually LOSE DPS.  Travel time can be fixed by proximity, so if something is dying, move closer instead of using a shitty spell.

zag i'm talking about literally the last 3-4 globals, when you can actually hope to fit in more FFs than incinerates and you're 2 emberbits from a SB

Edited by mediocregatsby

That, too, is extremely inconsequential.  If you're trying to get one final SB off, it's not likely to be to finish the boss because you're the only raid member left.  It's to do a bit more inconsequential damage because the boss would have died if you just sat there, too.  I wouldn't recommend this to anyone, but if you're doing it, then there's no reason not to change.  What happens if people think this is a DPS gain is they replace Incinerate with FF to fish for SB pushes and hurt their DPS.

in the grand scheme of things, a lot of single small actions are inconsequential. but if it makes the difference between rank 26 and rank 25 on a boss, it can be more meaningful :) the tier's over already anyway, nothing to do now but try to rank as high as possible as long as i'm being dragged into our full clears.

Yeah, I mean if that's what's left, go for it.  I lost respect for a lot of ranks after seeing what a lot of the top parses are doing.  Keeping the Warshaman trash alive on Nazgrim for infinite Embers - splitting off of Thok and wailing on the unnecessary yeti just because he takes double damage after bashing a wall - having an entire raid group leave all of the oozes on Immerseus alone so you can rank - etc.  Ranking at this point in the tier is almost entirely about exploits and deliberately giving someone an advantage. 

• Like 1

Guest garmeth06

I'm also not sure why they include Asian parses on the same list as Non-Eastern logs.. They play an entirely different game as far as the numbers are concerned. Its also very hard to rank as affliction I'd imagine unless intentionally padding, because tricks of the trade snap shotting is so strong.

Also PPM trinkets make RNG extreme somtimes, the top IJ parse has a KTT uptime of 41% lol.

Edited by garmeth06

I'm also not sure why they include Asian parses on the same list as Non-Eastern logs.. They play an entirely different game as far as the numbers are concerned. I

if you're talking about WOL parses, you should just switch it to EU/US only. 

Go look at the #1 Destruction parse for 25 normal Malkorok.  I've possessed it for months now, much to my surprise (then again, most 25 man guilds are raiding heroic mode) but the RNG of it is just absurd.  Look how low my Multistrike percentage was...but look at my trinket uptime.  My average CB was almost 1.6M.  That was almost the pinnacle of RNG and a fight no one can 'game' to get a better parse.  I think the only limiting factor on Malkorok normal is if you get knocked up in the air.  Movement should be small and inconsequential.

RNG is RNG - I can't wait til some of the variance in parses goes away.