FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Video Guides: Preliminary Feedback on Video Quality

Hello everyone,

We are going to start releasing videos in the near future. Today, we made a short video about the Sky Race in MoP. The idea was to test our videomaking abilities, especially regarding image quality. If you could watch the video and tell us what you think, we'd really appreciate. If you have tips, they will also be most welcome! Posted Image

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=5avgfQ2PJ98

• Like 1

the video's and audio's quality was great. The text explaining the rules and how to do to win the race was very good, but i think if we had an audio of you guys would be better to understand. I know, this will be more work to do and all that, but I'm thinking in the future to see a guide of a raid boss or a class guide with a loot of text to read, some times can be overwhelmed.

But the video was a very nice work, congrats for it. And can't wait to see what will come next. Posted Image

• Like 1

the video's and audio's quality was great. The text explaining the rules and how to do to win the race was very good, but i think if we had an audio of you guys would be better to understand. I know, this will be more work to do and all that, but I'm thinking in the future to see a guide of a raid boss or a class guide with a loot of text to read, some times can be overwhelmed.

But the video was a very nice work, congrats for it. And can't wait to see what will come next. Posted Image

Thanks! We will definitely do voice-overs for the next videos!

Video quality was fine. The text explaining what was required to accomplish the quest was fine but I suspect it would be inadequate for more complex quests and dungeons.

Interesting, but it seemed to be lacking a good description of how you know which is the "default" order. :)

Interesting, but it seemed to be lacking a good description of how you know which is the "default" order. Posted Image

Before competing in the race, you will have undergone some preliminary training and you will know what the default order is.

Ah I see, well that's settled then (but for future info, it could be good to establish context). Overall pretty cool though :)

The video is nicely done. Apart from the abovementioned audiocomments, perhaps the written text in the video could be a little smaller. On fullscreen it takes up a fairly large size of the screen which makes me feel as if I'm missing something important behind that.

But, that could just be me.

Great guide, good quality, awesome job! I think that having a video accompany the written guides would be a big help and allow people to gain more from them. It helps people learn when you not only explain what to do, but demonstrate it too (teaching method: http://en.wikipedia....Teaching_method).

Thank you for the praise! We want our video guides and written guides to be complementary. Since we always go in a lot of depth in the written guides, the video guides will serve as an overview, which means that after watching one, you should have a pretty good understanding of what a fight will require of you. Then reading the guide will give more details. You can also watch the video after reading the guide in order to make sure that you understood how the the abilities and mechanics we explain work in reality.

The video is nicely done. Apart from the abovementioned audiocomments, perhaps the written text in the video could be a little smaller. On fullscreen it takes up a fairly large size of the screen which makes me feel as if I'm missing something important behind that.

But, that could just be me.

We are going to release another video tonight (hopefully). Let us know if we improvied ;)

• Like 1

I was seeing others videos and thinking what i can suggest to the icy veins. And i thought about "video freezing" for show a specific buff or debuff. In this video in the part when saying about the ability_hunter_eagleeye.jpgFleet Winds buff, the video could stop and the tooltip for the buff is showed. and after a few seconds (enough to read the tooltip) the video continues.

• Like 1