FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
palony

Legendary Quest - Last part of The Thunder Forge

I am really struggling with the last part of the Thunder Forge. I am resto druid and and only manage to get him to about 35%. I seem to run out of anvils. I have tried numberous times but dont seem to get close to the 20% when the lance is created. I am ilvl 532. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Use the ingame group finder to look for a group that is killing him.  You could also head to Openraid.us chat tab or use OQ to find a group killing him and just jump in to complete your quest.

GL!

Edited by Gwenymph

I'm sorry, I misunderstood.  I'm assuming you dont have a dps spec? Is there anyway you can pick up a balance set?  You can use the same gear and fake your way through the rest of his 35%, even if you are not familiar w/ that spec.  If you do have a dps spec, you can use it even though you are working towards the resto cape.

Sorry for the misinformation and confusion with the earlier post.

So are you trying as resto ? Are you healing the defender ?

I have done this with my resto shaman as healer.

Healed the defender all the way through and it was easy.

I tried as elemental before that and wiped 3 times. 

The trick is to heal up the defender like mad because the amount of damage it does is directly related to how much health it has:  Keep efflorescence under it as much as you can, keep it topped off, and remember to dump the big heals just after the Celestial Defender comes out of banishment (as it comes out with half-life).

I did it on my druid with ilvl 502 and found it somewhat simple once I understood this.

Thanks I will try that, I am doing it as healer didnt realise the more health the defender has the more damage he does. Hopefully that will get me through

Cool, healing up the defender worked a treat thank you, no really struggling with Nalak. You were correct it is easy once you heal the defender, did it second attempt after reading your solution, first attempt I couldn't run to the lance quick enough

Can I join a raid and if so which one do I choose? No one seems to be attacking Nalak on my realm

Managed to do it, all you need to do is stand at the end where the raid portal is walk forwards and throw the spear when in range, walk back towards the raid portal and wait for the guards to start attacking Nalak, then hide round the corner and essence will kill itself. You may need to run around while it destroys itself. You do not need to kill Nalak

I must say, this was much easier for me as a resto druid than with my mage.  I followed your instructions and healed the defender as much as possible, I myself did VERY LITTLE dps and was able to complete this on the first try. Just make sure you click those anvils right before the "insanity" debuff goes off. Keep running around healing yourself and the defender... slow and steady wins the race on this one.

When I've been doing Nalak and spear part I've found a usefull trick to get it done. All you need to do is take Force of Nature tallent (I did this as a balance druid) and spam your trees to pull nalak, then put the spear into him and simply run around for a while when treants die. There may be easier solutions, but this one worked for me quite nice