FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

Boosted Warlocks - READ

First off, if you boosted your Warlock today, congratulations, and welcome to the dark side!  You've made a wise decision.

We at Icy-Veins promote an experienced atmosphere with a plethora of responsive, highly skilled Warlocks ready to handle questions.  In lieu of making tons of posts asking basic to intermediate questions, please use this as a reference guide:

Like fire?  Like big damage hits?  Want to play an exciting caster that destroys enemies with fire and brimstone?  Spec DESTRUCTION and read this: https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/1686-54-destruction-tips-and-quirks/

Like big demons?  Like turning into a demonic form and ripping through opponents?  Spec DEMONOLOGY and read this: https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/1570-54-demonology-tips-and-quirks/

Like destroying your opponent with lots of damage over time effects?  Like a complex caster with a high skill cap?  Spec AFFLICTION and read this: https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/593-54-affliction-tips-quirks/

All the information you could possibly want is found in these threads.  For more complex information, see the following guides:

How to do bosses: https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/2466-t16-warlock-style-normal-heroic/

How to fix your DPS: https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/3496-zagams-fixing-your-dps-faq/

How to do the green fire quest: https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/1630-green-fire-quest-line-kanrethad-strategy/

For any other questions, please refer to the forums and look for your potential question.  Instead of flooding the board with numerous topics, please spend some time and READ about your class before you ask questions.  Bring specific questions to us and we'll help you out!

Best regards, and welcome to the world of Warlocks!

Zagam

• Like 4

I actually boosted a lock on a low pop realm...big mistake lol. 

Well, first mistake was picking a lock. I should have picked a mage for the ease of getting around. But i figured, a lock is my main, i can just pick right up playing it like i play mine. 

Second mistake was the low pop realm. I did it so i could farm for pets/mounts....and it would be great had i some money lol. The server is literally dead. Its Ravenholdt, a PVPRP server. second lowest pop server i think. But im stuck with the timeless gear i have, and cannot afford any of the good gems/enchants in the AH. Of course theres no way to send anything from my main to him.

I also feel im doing something wrong. Im sitting at a 494 (i think) ilevel yet even with a full set of all the timeless isle buffs, im barely breaking 100k killing mobs. On my main who is at 564, i can easily pull 500k-600k+ dps on the mobs out there. Just seems weird that at almost 500 ilevel i can barely break 100k...are enchants and gems really doing that much? Using the same talents and glyphs too.

While the relative strenght of proper enchanting and gemming(gemming not too much due to increased amount of sockets)  decreases over the length of an expansion due to heightened gear level per raid tier, at your item level it contributes for a lot to your dps. I simmed one char of mine some time ago for a discussion on the official forums, one time just pure reforged(for not skewing around with lucky hits under hit cap) and one time with proper gemming and enchanting and if I remember correctly it was about 18% at 510 imo.

I hate myself for this but I just boosted my warlock to 90. This means I will be playing warlock TOGETHER with my main mage.
I know suicide should be my answer :P
Anyhow I am going to read up on all the guides :P
Cheers 
Berlinia

• Like 1

I boosted a mage.

It's fun.

Frost is boring though and cba with arcane turret, so I've gone fire, which is working out decently.

I hate myself for this but I just boosted my warlock to 90. This means I will be playing warlock TOGETHER with my main mage.

I know suicide should be my answer tongue.png

Anyhow I am going to read up on all the guides tongue.png

Cheers 

Berlinia

1367381826397-welcome_to_the_dark_side_a

• Like 2

I know suicide should be my answer tongue.png

Anyhow I am going to read up on all the guides tongue.png

Cheers 

Berlinia

You couldn't resist the lure of our dark powers, it's ok. Embrace the dark side, you can give yourself cookies.

Ugh I hate you so much you warlocks.

But yea had to pick up a main alt for my guild so I'm a caster, warlocks are casters so I was forced to :P

But yea warlocks... haven't played a second of it yet :P

• Like 1

Hahaha, it´s funny how you long for power as a caster, since you play originally a mage,  and came to play a Warlock, since Warlocks are lorewise imho mages, that lusted for more power and found it in manipulating fel energy and pacting with demons.

Believe me, you will get used to it faster than you can imagine^^