FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Kuroxoro

Asking for advice / help with a Disc

hi guys

First of all sorry for my english, this is not my native language.

Always read the forums and guides but it's the first time I write, and I do for help because I feel like I'm underperforming in relation to a healer of my level.

I'm in a raid casual weekends and we are starting to do heroic (I'm almost a regular pug), so far we do well 2 fights, Inmersus and Norushen, but have killed up Iron Juggernaut, but very fair or even in enrage.

My colleagues are all very good players and I feel I am no match for him, so I'm here asking for help from you.

My Armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/es/character/quelthalas/Epoxi/advanced

MOD EDIT (english): http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/quelthalas/Epoxi/advanced

My Logs:

(sorry I have few records)

I am a regular at the Atonement healing, with a little Binding Heal, I always keep PoM on the tank and I try to put as many shields I can in 4 seg when the meta gem proc.

I have some issues with mana, especially in The Fallen Protectors and near the end of the fight usually sad.png

Any advice or comments would be very welcome because I really love the priest and I want to play with him 100%.

Thanks for your time.

Epoxi

Priest, Goblin and sexy Latin lover of quel'thalas cool.png

Hi Epoxi

I'm not really a high skilled disci healer but I've reviewed your char and the logs of The Fallen Protectors and a few things strikes me:

1. You should consider more mastery! (especially for your extensive use of PW:Shield)
  2. Your talent and glyphe setup is maybe not optimal! 
    Divine star might be more useful than Cascade (depends on raid position).
    And I would prefere glyphe "Binding Heal" instead of "Inner Fire".

Your spirit value is quite high so i'm wondering about your mana issues.

I hope that someone can give any advices on this.

Best

I think you have too much spirit... I understand protectors can be a mana intensive fight, but even so.  Try to use Spirit Shell more often, I try to watch a timer for Catastrophy and I'm able to spirit shell every other one.  I also do it during the girl's Desperate Measures.  Try to get 4 casts of Prayer of Healing every time you use Spirit Shell.

Iron Juggernaught: Wow, you casted power word: shield a LOT!  And almost never used attonement healing. 

If you are having mana issues in general, you might try using Power Word: Solace every time it's off cooldown in every situation unless you're doing Spirit Shell.  Because to be honest, if you're not doing that, you should probably be using Mind Bender anyway.

Also, Glyph of Inner Fire is crap.  Use Inner Sanctum instead.

In general I recommend not using halo.  Try Cascade or Divine Star instead.  Cascade can be used during your Legendary Metagem procs, or as a raid-wide attack hits.

Looks like you are casting shadow word pain a decent amount that would be one reason you seem to have a mana issue. Cut back on its use, and use it just for procing the twisted fate talent when you aren't able to atonement for a set period of time.

If you are not using power word solace on cd then you will be better off using mind bender.

Agree with brutal about halo, the only fight its even worth using it for is Immersues just cuz it full heals the blobs. Divine star for stack'd fights, cascade for heavily spread fights.

A trick to cap out spirit shell easily is to use inner focus + arch angles when you spirit shell, that combo alone usually caps one group then I switch to the other groups. Im not very familiar with warcraft logs so wasn't sure how to check to see if you were doing this at all.

can try and give more once i figure out what all warcraft logs will show, so used to worldoflogs.

First of all thanks for helping me and for your advice, LobbyBoy, Brutal and Omnae.

Hi Epoxi

I'm not really a high skilled disci healer but I've reviewed your char and the logs of The Fallen Protectors and a few things strikes me:

1. You should consider more mastery! (especially for your extensive use of PW:Shield)
  2. Your talent and glyphe setup is maybe not optimal! 
    Divine star might be more useful than Cascade (depends on raid position).
    And I would prefere glyphe "Binding Heal" instead of "Inner Fire".

Your spirit value is quite high so i'm wondering about your mana issues.

I hope that someone can give any advices on this.

Best

1) Mastery? I do not feel much better every time I get mastery, back to my usual level of critic and improve my healing.

2) I usually change a lot, but it depends on the fight actually.

Yes, I am working to lower the amount of spirit.

I think you have too much spirit... I understand protectors can be a mana intensive fight, but even so.  Try to use Spirit Shell more often, I try to watch a timer for Catastrophy and I'm able to spirit shell every other one.  I also do it during the girl's Desperate Measures.  Try to get 4 casts of Prayer of Healing every time you use Spirit Shell.

Iron Juggernaught: Wow, you casted power word: shield a LOT!  And almost never used attonement healing. 

If you are having mana issues in general, you might try using Power Word: Solace every time it's off cooldown in every situation unless you're doing Spirit Shell.  Because to be honest, if you're not doing that, you should probably be using Mind Bender anyway.

Also, Glyph of Inner Fire is crap.  Use Inner Sanctum instead.

In general I recommend not using halo.  Try Cascade or Divine Star instead.  Cascade can be used during your Legendary Metagem procs, or as a raid-wide attack hits.

In Protectors i cast Mass Dispel 9 times and 17 times purify, and cast 35 times "Power Word: Pain" has to be cause of the problem of mana.

You're right with "Spirit Shell" I have to stop being overprotective of this spell and use it more.

I use "Power Word: Solace" but I really do not use much as it should, Norushen is where I had no mana problems and where I cast it more times.

I'll try to use more Cascade, but I feel that is slower than Halo for some occasions. In Galakras I use Divine Star because I am in charge of healing the goblins of the door, climb the tower and in the final stage because we are stack.

Big surprise that the glyph, had not realized existed. I'm already using.

Looks like you are casting shadow word pain a decent amount that would be one reason you seem to have a mana issue. Cut back on its use, and use it just for procing the twisted fate talent when you aren't able to atonement for a set period of time.

If you are not using power word solace on cd then you will be better off using mind bender.

Agree with brutal about halo, the only fight its even worth using it for is Immersues just cuz it full heals the blobs. Divine star for stack'd fights, cascade for heavily spread fights.

A trick to cap out spirit shell easily is to use inner focus + arch angles when you spirit shell, that combo alone usually caps one group then I switch to the other groups. Im not very familiar with warcraft logs so wasn't sure how to check to see if you were doing this at all.

can try and give more once i figure out what all warcraft logs will show, so used to worldoflogs.

You're right with the "Power Word: Pain" and had not realized that, trying to help with the damage I did not realize that almost consumes mana as a shield. 

I will try to use "Power Word: Solace" on CD.

Again, Cascade, I will try in many more fights.

I have a macro for Inner Focus + Archangel + spirit shell, then I cast PoH 4 times, 1 cast of PoH by selecting someone from group 1 and other by selecting someone from group 2 and then group 1 …

I'll try to learn how to use World of Logs, but I saw more linked to a guild and I do not have one, as I said I'm a pug xD 

What trinket think is better?

- Dysmorphic Samophlange of Discontinuity

or
- Nazgrim's Burnished Insignia
or
- Thok's Acid-Grooved Tooth

I have Prismatic Prison of Pride.

This weekend I hope to upload a log in World Of Logs, and I will try to put in practice all the tips you gave me.

Cheers cool.png

Edited by Epoxi

Erm, the only fight you should be using mass dispell on is Immersius and maybe Thok.  You should only be using single target dispels on Protectors. 

As for trinkets, (this is my own opinion) the ONLY trinkets worth using are the Samophlange and Prismatic Prison of Pride.  The other two trinkets are just BAD for disc.

"I have a macro for Inner Focus + Archangel + spirit shell, then I cast PoH 4 times, 1 cast of PoH by selecting someone from group 1 and other by selecting someone from group 2 and then group 1 …"

Yes this is exactly what you should be doing.  And yeah you should be looking for any excuse to cast that spell, it's throughput is FANTASTIC.

Realizing that you need to increase the usage of some of your abilities is very important.  If you are not already doing so, find a way of tracking them better so you can use them on CD. 

Fallen Protectors:

For as much uptime as you have for Evangelism, 75%, you only have a 9% uptime on AA.  Add this to your CD tracking and keep it on CD as much as possible.  Shoot for an uptime above 50%.  Reducing your SW:P to help your mana MIGHT cause a dip in your ToF uptime.  Make sure you don't let this slip.  Taking Divine Star will help cover most of it, so make sure you are facing the right direction for adds and friendlies.  With the extra GCDs you'll have w/o the SW:P, use them to increase your ToF with Atonement.  Shoot for a 60% uptime of ToF or better on this fight.

Side note, I watched your Combat Replay.  I want to make sure that when you pop Hero in the beginning that your tanks are keeping the three bosses w/i cleave range for everyone.  Yea, He will be bouncing around but when he comes back... make sure that he returns to the cleave radius.  It will reduce your kill time which will also help your mana.

Edit: Got interrupted, will throw in anything else I see that might possible help on the other fights later.

GL

Edited by Gwenymph

Thank you a lot Gwenymph!

This is the new log, we could not do all 3 days so we had time only for the first 3:

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/GZrVQntTvx2y4Ndw

I could not get my password Worldoflogs.com sad.png

Except Immerseus, I had no mana problems, but this was the first fight I did from the diminution of spirit.

I improved the use of SS, I use more often though that could have been better

I reduced much SW: P and only use it to renew ToF.

I forget to change Halo for DS after Immerseus sad.png

Thank you a lot Gwenymph!

This is the new log, we could not do all 3 days so we had time only for the first 3:

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/GZrVQntTvx2y4Ndw

I could not get my password Worldoflogs.com sad.png

Except Immerseus, I had no mana problems, but this was the first fight I did from the diminution of spirit.

I improved the use of SS, I use more often though that could have been better

I reduced much SW: P and only use it to renew ToF.

I forget to change Halo for DS after Immerseus sad.png

Protectors you had 93% uptime of PoM and over 37% uptime of AA.  Great improvement and wish I wouldve looked at the newer logs before I posted this morning. haha.  I was going off of Icon instead of trying to read the Spanish.  What did end up happening though is you lost more than half of your uptime on ToF from 50%+ to 23%.  So still try and use Atonement and DS next time to get back to where you were with its uptime.   From a pure hps point of view you increased your output over 40k and the fight duration was very similar.  Way to go.

On Norushen you didnt use SS at all.  This is a great fight to use it and IF on CD.  Definitely make that change going forward

Edited by Gwenymph