29 replies to this topic Started by Damien, Aug 13 2012 11:49 AM crafting mop
- - - - -
  • Please log in to reply

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:49 AM

Damien
  • Damien
  • Administrator
  • LocationParis, France
In Pandaria, mobs will often drop Mote of Harmony. When you have 10 such items, you can combine them into a Spirit of Harmony. The problem with this item is that reading the tooltip does not really give you much information.
So, let me explain Posted Image

First, all crafting professions have a number of recipes that require one or more Spirits of Harmony. The complete list can be found on Wowhead.

Second, Spirits of Harmony can be used as a currency to buy crafting recipes for Tailoring and Blacksmithing. We have yet to confirm this for other professions, although we can say for sure that there are no Jewelcrafting and Engineering recipes that you can buy with Spirits of Harmony.

Third, Spirits of Harmony can be used as tokens that you can redeem for crafting materials of your choice at your faction's Spirit of Harmony Vendor. For Alliance players, Krystel is located on the terrace of the Shrine of the Seven Stars (the Alliance capital city in Pandaria). For Horde players, Danky is located on the terrace of the Shrine of the Two Moons.

Here is the list of crafting materials you can obtain in exchange of 1 Spirit of Harmony:

Join us on IRC! | server: irc.quakenet.org | port: 6667 | channel: #icy-veins

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:19 PM

MadMonk
  • MadMonk
  • The Mad Monk
  • LocationBelgium

We can turn in tokens to a pair of pants? that's the best thing ever!

Now serious, on wowhead this is not updated yet and it still shows as a reagent for a bunch of crafting professions. Can this still be used for that or is there now another reagent that replaces this (a MoP version of Chaos Orb)
Healer for Life!

Monk healer MadMonk - Warcry - EU Auchindoun

My opinion does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the owners or writers of the icy-veins website/guides.

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:24 PM

Redcross
  • Redcross
  • Marshal
  • LocationEngland
Spirit of Harmony is also used to buy your "high end" profession recipes. Here is a sample of the Tailoring recipes as sold by Raishen the Needle in Shrine of Seven Stars. (Alliance)

Posted Image

There is also as far as I can see, a limited use in crafting....

Posted Image

And REMEMBER! Motes and Spirits of Harmony are BoP, so you cannot buy them from AH!

Edited by Redcross, 13 August 2012 - 12:24 PM.

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:39 PM

Damien
  • Damien
  • Administrator
  • LocationParis, France
I'll edit the article shortly :P

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:05 PM

Damien
  • Damien
  • Administrator
  • LocationParis, France

Spirit of Harmony is also used to buy your "high end" profession recipes. Here is a sample of the Tailoring recipes as sold by Raishen the Needle in Shrine of Seven Stars. (Alliance)

Posted Image

There is also as far as I can see, a limited use in crafting....

Posted Image

And REMEMBER! Motes and Spirits of Harmony are BoP, so you cannot buy them from AH!

How old are these screenshots? I'm not a Tailor, so this NPC isn't selling me these recipes.

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:14 PM

Redcross
  • Redcross
  • Marshal
  • LocationEngland
I took the screenshots minutes before posting them! In fact, my Priest is still sat afk at that spot.

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:20 PM

Damien
  • Damien
  • Administrator
  • LocationParis, France
Thanks! Do you know if there's something similar for other professions? I checker for Engineering and Jewelcrafting, but the supply vendors were not selling recipes.

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:27 PM

Redcross
  • Redcross
  • Marshal
  • LocationEngland
Don't see any extra recipes at the Enchanting supplier. I don't have any other professions maxed out to check on beta at this time.

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:45 PM

Damien
  • Damien
  • Administrator
  • LocationParis, France
Thanks for the information anyway! I think that a lot of people will search on google for Spirit of Harmony and Mote of Harmony after the release of MoP. So I made a quick post about it providing everything I knew :P I'll update once I know whether Blacksmithing and Leatherworking can also buy recipes with Spirit of Harmony.

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:51 PM

Redcross
  • Redcross
  • Marshal
  • LocationEngland
Am in the process of copying one on my Blacksmiths over to the beta realms. Will hopefully be able to answer it soon.

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:08 PM

Stoove
  • Stoove
  • Sha of Science
  • LocationUK
Do you know if there will be a list of which mobs (or which level mobs) drop Motes most frequently? :)

Stoove is the wizard of all things shaman related. He is neither late nor early, For he arrives precisely when he intends to.

The sole test of theory is experiment. The sole test of experiment is theory.

Theorycraft, Simulationcraft, Experimentalcraft. Who says WoW and science are different?

I use this as my moderator voice.

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:08 PM

Redcross
  • Redcross
  • Marshal
  • LocationEngland

Am in the process of copying one on my Blacksmiths over to the beta realms. Will hopefully be able to answer it soon.

I can see Blacksmithing and Engineering recipes that can be learned from the trainers in Stormwind that require Spirits of Harmony to make.

Example ->

Posted Image

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:18 PM

Redcross
  • Redcross
  • Marshal
  • LocationEngland

Do you know if there will be a list of which mobs (or which level mobs) drop Motes most frequently? Posted Image

I have only quested in 3 of the different zones so far, and have seen motes drop from all different types of monsters, with an equal drop rate. Looks to me like they have an equal chance of dropping from anything, Though I wouldn't like to say this to be 100% accurate without testing all zones.

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:24 PM

Damien
  • Damien
  • Administrator
  • LocationParis, France

Do you know if there will be a list of which mobs (or which level mobs) drop Motes most frequently? Posted Image

I think that all mobs have a chance to drop it. I've looted around 400 Motes on my main so far, and I can't say I noticed mobs that drop it more frequently than others.

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:25 PM

Damien
  • Damien
  • Administrator
  • LocationParis, France

I can see Blacksmithing and Engineering recipes that can be learned from the trainers in Stormwind that require Spirits of Harmony to make.

Example ->

Posted Image

I meant recipes that you need to buy with Spirits :P

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:16 PM

Redcross
  • Redcross
  • Marshal
  • LocationEngland
1 big long run from Stormwind to Shrine of Seven Stars later... and voila!

Posted Image

Yes, you do need Spirit of Harmony to buy the high level Blacksmith recipes. All the recipes sold are for the season 12 PVP gear only. And you do not need Spirit of Harmony to make the recipes - only to buy them with.

Edited by Redcross, 13 August 2012 - 05:20 PM.

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:27 PM

Stoove
  • Stoove
  • Sha of Science
  • LocationUK
Thanks for the info guys, good work <3

Stoove is the wizard of all things shaman related. He is neither late nor early, For he arrives precisely when he intends to.

The sole test of theory is experiment. The sole test of experiment is theory.

Theorycraft, Simulationcraft, Experimentalcraft. Who says WoW and science are different?

I use this as my moderator voice.

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:01 PM

Damien
  • Damien
  • Administrator
  • LocationParis, France

1 big long run from Stormwind to Shrine of Seven Stars later... and voila!

Posted Image

Yes, you do need Spirit of Harmony to buy the high level Blacksmith recipes. All the recipes sold are for the season 12 PVP gear only. And you do not need Spirit of Harmony to make the recipes - only to buy them with.

Thank you for the confirmation! I've updated the article.

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:18 AM

lmendonca
  • lmendonca
  • Worker
  • LocationBrazil
i liked this new system where this "token" is dropped from every moby and being bop. But i think would be better if the motes and the spirits are bind on account. This way, when questing with a char that have herb and mining for porffesions we could send to some other toon that will use to craft things. yes i can trade for useful things, but imagine u need 2 or 3 more to craft something and your alt has like 10 or 20 and u cant send them.

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:15 AM

Damien
  • Damien
  • Administrator
  • LocationParis, France

i liked this new system where this "token" is dropped from every moby and being bop. But i think would be better if the motes and the spirits are bind on account. This way, when questing with a char that have herb and mining for porffesions we could send to some other toon that will use to craft things. yes i can trade for useful things, but imagine u need 2 or 3 more to craft something and your alt has like 10 or 20 and u cant send them.

You can always redeem the tokens on your main and send the mats you obtained to your alts, although it doesn't work for things like Ironpaw Tokens ;)

Active Users

0 user(s) are browsing this forum 0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users