Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Damien

MoP: Spirit of Harmony and Mote of Harmony

30 posts in this topic

In Pandaria, mobs will often drop inv_elemental_spiritofharmony_1.jpgMote of Harmony. When you have 10 such items, you can combine them into a inv_elemental_spiritofharmony_2.jpgSpirit of Harmony. The problem with this item is that reading the tooltip does not really give you much information.

So, let me explain Posted Image

First, all crafting professions have a number of recipes that require one or more inv_elemental_spiritofharmony_2.jpgSpirits of Harmony. The complete list can be found on Wowhead.

Second, inv_elemental_spiritofharmony_2.jpgSpirits of Harmony can be used as a currency to buy crafting recipes for Tailoring and Blacksmithing. We have yet to confirm this for other professions, although we can say for sure that there are no Jewelcrafting and Engineering recipes that you can buy with Spirits of Harmony.

Third, inv_elemental_spiritofharmony_2.jpgSpirits of Harmony can be used as tokens that you can redeem for crafting materials of your choice at your faction's Spirit of Harmony Vendor. For Alliance players, Krystel is located on the terrace of the Shrine of the Seven Stars (the Alliance capital city in Pandaria). For Horde players, Danky is located on the terrace of the Shrine of the Two Moons.

Here is the list of crafting materials you can obtain in exchange of 1 inv_elemental_spiritofharmony_2.jpgSpirit of Harmony:

1 person likes this

We can turn in tokens to a pair of pants? that's the best thing ever!

Now serious, on wowhead this is not updated yet and it still shows as a reagent for a bunch of crafting professions. Can this still be used for that or is there now another reagent that replaces this (a MoP version of inv_chaos_orb.jpgChaos Orb)

1 person likes this

Spirit of Harmony is also used to buy your "high end" profession recipes. Here is a sample of the Tailoring recipes as sold by Raishen the Needle in Shrine of Seven Stars. (Alliance)

Posted Image

There is also as far as I can see, a limited use in crafting....

Posted Image

And REMEMBER! Motes and Spirits of Harmony are BoP, so you cannot buy them from AH!

Edited by Redcross
2 people like this

I'll edit the article shortly :P

Spirit of Harmony is also used to buy your "high end" profession recipes. Here is a sample of the Tailoring recipes as sold by Raishen the Needle in Shrine of Seven Stars. (Alliance)

Posted Image

There is also as far as I can see, a limited use in crafting....

Posted Image

And REMEMBER! Motes and Spirits of Harmony are BoP, so you cannot buy them from AH!

How old are these screenshots? I'm not a Tailor, so this NPC isn't selling me these recipes.

I took the screenshots minutes before posting them! In fact, my Priest is still sat afk at that spot.

Thanks! Do you know if there's something similar for other professions? I checker for Engineering and Jewelcrafting, but the supply vendors were not selling recipes.

Don't see any extra recipes at the Enchanting supplier. I don't have any other professions maxed out to check on beta at this time.

Thanks for the information anyway! I think that a lot of people will search on google for Spirit of Harmony and Mote of Harmony after the release of MoP. So I made a quick post about it providing everything I knew :P

I'll update once I know whether Blacksmithing and Leatherworking can also buy recipes with Spirit of Harmony.

Am in the process of copying one on my Blacksmiths over to the beta realms. Will hopefully be able to answer it soon.

Do you know if there will be a list of which mobs (or which level mobs) drop Motes most frequently? :)

Am in the process of copying one on my Blacksmiths over to the beta realms. Will hopefully be able to answer it soon.

I can see Blacksmithing and Engineering recipes that can be learned from the trainers in Stormwind that require Spirits of Harmony to make.

Example ->

Posted Image

Do you know if there will be a list of which mobs (or which level mobs) drop Motes most frequently? Posted Image

I have only quested in 3 of the different zones so far, and have seen motes drop from all different types of monsters, with an equal drop rate. Looks to me like they have an equal chance of dropping from anything, Though I wouldn't like to say this to be 100% accurate without testing all zones.

1 person likes this

Do you know if there will be a list of which mobs (or which level mobs) drop Motes most frequently? Posted Image

I think that all mobs have a chance to drop it. I've looted around 400 Motes on my main so far, and I can't say I noticed mobs that drop it more frequently than others.

1 person likes this

I can see Blacksmithing and Engineering recipes that can be learned from the trainers in Stormwind that require Spirits of Harmony to make.

Example ->

Posted Image

I meant recipes that you need to buy with Spirits :P

1 big long run from Stormwind to Shrine of Seven Stars later... and voila!

Posted Image

Yes, you do need Spirit of Harmony to buy the high level Blacksmith recipes. All the recipes sold are for the season 12 PVP gear only. And you do not need Spirit of Harmony to make the recipes - only to buy them with.

Edited by Redcross
1 person likes this

Thanks for the info guys, good work <3

1 big long run from Stormwind to Shrine of Seven Stars later... and voila!

Posted Image

Yes, you do need Spirit of Harmony to buy the high level Blacksmith recipes. All the recipes sold are for the season 12 PVP gear only. And you do not need Spirit of Harmony to make the recipes - only to buy them with.

Thank you for the confirmation! I've updated the article.

i liked this new system where this "token" is dropped from every moby and being bop. But i think would be better if the motes and the spirits are bind on account. This way, when questing with a char that have herb and mining for porffesions we could send to some other toon that will use to craft things. yes i can trade for useful things, but imagine u need 2 or 3 more to craft something and your alt has like 10 or 20 and u cant send them.

i liked this new system where this "token" is dropped from every moby and being bop. But i think would be better if the motes and the spirits are bind on account. This way, when questing with a char that have herb and mining for porffesions we could send to some other toon that will use to craft things. yes i can trade for useful things, but imagine u need 2 or 3 more to craft something and your alt has like 10 or 20 and u cant send them.

You can always redeem the tokens on your main and send the mats you obtained to your alts, although it doesn't work for things like Ironpaw Tokens ;)

Soooo much better than "losing" a chaos orb roll at the end of the instance!

I'm mildly concerned that these things will be so farmable that we're back to a mandatory grind for maximizing professions. That's not very fun =[

Soooo much better than "losing" a chaos orb roll at the end of the instance!

<other dude wins his 1234342th orb> "pity these things don't vendor well" <I need for actual gear upgrade> "Aaargrargromfgsifljgsd!" <incoherent with frustration>

You can always redeem the tokens on your main and send the mats you obtained to your alts, although it doesn't work for things like Ironpaw Tokens Posted Image

Yes, but would be nice send the inv_elemental_spiritofharmony_2.jpgSpirit of Harmony too.

today we had a blue about this.

Professions: Living in Perfect Harmony

As with any new expansion, we often find that we have an opportunity to take a closer look at a variety of game systems within World of Warcraft and explore new ideas or improvements to the game. One system in particular is held near and dear to the hearts of the community: professions. With Mists of Pandaria, the designers were able to seize upon an opportunity to look at the role of materials and refine their purpose and their usefulness. In the end, they came up with Spirit of Harmony as the new resource du jour.

Harmonious Prospects

In Mists of Pandaria, we’re introducing a new material known as the Spirit of Harmony. It slices— it dices— well, ok, it doesn’t, but crafters of any stripe will find it has many uses. By now, any experienced crafter is used to filling bags with a variety of materials such as Primal Life, Primal Fire, Primal Earth, etc. but in Mists of Pandaria, it’s all about Spirit of Harmony (in combination with the usual materials, like ore, leather, and gems). Spirit of Harmony is the result of the designers simplifying an already complex system while still keeping a wide variety of possibilities open to players. Much like with other Primals, Motes of Harmony can be combined (10 to 1) to create one Spirit of Harmony.

Harmony is Personal

Let’s get right to it. Spirit of Harmony is a Bind on Pickup (or “BoP” to veterans) crafting material that can be found on every lootable creature in every zone in Pandaria -- from dungeons to the outdoor world. Intially, we want crafters to be out in the world adventuring instead of camping out in front of an auctioneer, hoping to score some cheap mats.

We understand that this may be of concern to those who play a variety of profession alts, and may consider other options for the future, including the possibility of allowing Spirits of Harmony to be Bind to Account in a future patch.

In addition to serving as a core crafting ingredient, Spirits of Harmony can also be used to purchase a variety of additional bonuses or materials that your character may need. While not every profession will get equal value out of them, most everyone will need to collect them for one reason or another.

Here are some examples of the many ways that Spirit of Harmony can be used:

• Alchemy: Purchase an extra Transmute.
  • Archaeology: Purchase a restored artifact.
  • Cooking: Exchange for an Iron Paw Token.
  • Enchanting: Buy reagents.
  • Engineering: New mounts and personal goggles.
  • Herbalism: Purchase herbs.
  • Jewelcrafting: Use to purchase extra daily discoveries.
  • Tailoring, Blacksmithing, Leatherworking: Used to create epic items.

Purchasing materials may not ultimately be the most efficient way to gain resources, but it can be an added convenience to purchase something with Spirit of Harmony rather than going back into the world to get it. The Spirit of Harmony vendor can be found in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms.

(Source)

ps.: I don't know how to edit the quote like the posts in the news section. Edited by MadMonk
1 person likes this

ps.: I don't know how to edit the quote like the posts in the news section.

I took the liberty to do that for you.

I hope they don't wait too long to make the spirits or motes bind to account, that will really help with alts. Besides that I think it is a great system, some professions might have a bit less of an advantage, but you can always use the spirits to buy materials for your other professions or to sell on the auction house.

1 person likes this