FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Padeen

Noob Aff Lock Q: How to use Soul Swap Inhale & Exhale?

Various affliction warlock guides talk about copying dots with soul shard inhale & soul shard exhale, yet I can find neither of these in my spellbook or build sheet.  Have they been phased out prior to the intro of 5.4, or am I just missing something?  Thanks for any help you might offer.

Padeen

Soul Swap: Inhale, and Soul Swap: Exhale, not shard. Soul Swap is absolutely in your spellbook. 

• Like 3

Both soulburn and soul swap will be in your spellbook. Soul swap:inhale becomes soul swap:exhale when you inhale the dots.  Soulburn:soul swap will not copy dots, but rather instantly apply them, meaning they may be less or more powerful based on your procs at any given time.

• Like 2

Shard = Swap; my mis-type.  Yes, I have no difficulty finding soul swap, and I'm able to dot mobs up with soulburn>soul swap, but I'm still unclear HOW to copy, then paste,  dots applied to one mob onto another mob.

Shard = Swap; my mis-type.  Yes, I have no difficulty finding soul swap, and I'm able to dot mobs up with soulburn>soul swap, but I'm still unclear HOW to copy, then paste,  dots applied to one mob onto another mob.

Alrighty.

So the moment you hit SS, the dots on your current target are snapshotted. When exhaled, the dots  are sent to your current target as they were when snapshotted, duration and all. simply press the SS button on a dotted target, switch targets, and SS again. The way this will mostly work in practice is you will maintain dots/haunt/MG on a primary target (bonus points if you can haunt 2+), and SS those dots from your primary onto your secondary targets.  So on protectors, DoT rook with powerful dots, SS, Dot Sun, SS DoT He, focus haunt and such on rook. 

• Like 2

Use Soul Swap without Soulburn on a mob with DoTs on them.  This will give you a 3 second debuff and change your Soul Swap ability into Soul Swap:Exhale.  You change targets and use Soul Swap:Exhale to put the DoTs you inhaled onto the mob you are exhaling onto, thus you 'copy and paste' DoTs from one mob to another.

To expand on Asy's explanation on Protectors...

Soulburn : Soul Swap on Rook to apply 3 DoTs.

Soul Swap to Inhale DoTs from Rook

Soul Swap to Exhale DoTs onto He

Soul Swap to Inhale DoTs from He

Soul Swap to Exhale DoTs onto Sun

• Like 1

Ok, I got it; inhale/exhale is automatic depending on whether I hit SS when on a target w/ dots, or not.  Very clear.  Thanks for your help guys!

No, it depends on if you have INHALED dots already (and have the 3 second buff).

If you press soul swap on a mob with no dots, you won't do anything.

Similarly, if you inhale off one target, you cannot exhale back onto the same one.

• Like 1