Topic Details

Mists of Pandaria Opening Cinematic Revealed

9 replies to this topic Started by Damien, Aug 16 2012 02:06 PM news blizzard mop
- - - - -
  • Please log in to reply

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:06 PM

Damien
  • Damien
  • Administrator
  • LocationParis, France

Blizzard Official WoW Blog

Posted Image

You've ended Deathwing's destructive rampage and saved the dragonflights from extinction. Now you must unlock the mysteries of the lost continent and discover the dark secrets of Pandaria's past. Explore ancient kingdoms hidden since before the Sundering, plunder vast treasures from the depths of the forgotten vaults, and rise to defend Pandaria from the shadow of a long buried evil - before it's too late.

We are pleased to present the opening cinematic for Mists of Pandaria as presented at gamescom 2012. Whether you’re Horde or Alliance, there is one question we all must consider: “Why do we fight?”

(Source)

Join us on IRC! | server: irc.quakenet.org | port: 6667 | channel: #icy-veins

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:27 PM

MadMonk
  • MadMonk
  • The Mad Monk
  • LocationBelgium
The cinematic is awesome, if only the game could look that good Posted Image .

(Monk looks like a kungfu ninja, I love it)
Healer for Life!

Monk healer MadMonk - Warcry - EU Auchindoun

My opinion does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the owners or writers of the icy-veins website/guides.

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:57 PM

Peelyon
  • Peelyon
  • LocationEngland
Hmmm, honestly I didnt think that much of it. Im looking forward to the expansion, but if you compare that cinematic to any of the previous expansions it seems to lack a lot. Lots of fog, mists, a fight, slight bit of comedy - but sadly not very epic. Thought the best bit was the ships at the very start :P

@peterlyon85 peelyon#2117

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:56 PM

lmendonca
  • lmendonca
  • Worker
  • LocationBrazil
the cinematic don't make me want september 25 come more faster.
I liked all the aspects behind, orcs and humans fighting each other whem don't have a scourge to worry about or the deathwing. Pandas, on the other hand, fighting for their homes.

that was the best scene for me Posted Image

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:22 PM

Rautx
  • Rautx
  • Worker
  • LocationHyvinkää, Finland
I didn't like it. It doesn't get me on like the others do.
Posted Image

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:04 PM

MadMonk
  • MadMonk
  • The Mad Monk
  • LocationBelgium
The biggest regret I have is that there seems to be no clear end-boss this expansion. That is one of the (few) things Wrath of The Lich King did really well: they had a great villain that appeared throughout all the questlines and had a bunch of lore behind him. Deathwing had less lore and, before Dragon Soul, you could only see him in very few questlines or when he randomly killed everyone in the zone you were in. In Mists of Pandaria I have no idea who or what end-boss is going to be and that kind of negates the urge to get good and get the best gear to defeat this super villain. (These villains also make the trailers super cool)
Healer for Life!

Monk healer MadMonk - Warcry - EU Auchindoun

My opinion does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the owners or writers of the icy-veins website/guides.

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:42 AM

Jayde103
  • Jayde103
  • Vagrant
  • LocationMass

The biggest regret I have is that there seems to be no clear end-boss this expansion. That is one of the (few) things Wrath of The Lich King did really well: they had a great villain that appeared throughout all the questlines and had a bunch of lore behind him.

Deathwing had less lore and, before Dragon Soul, you could only see him in very few questlines or when he randomly killed everyone in the zone you were in.

In Mists of Pandaria I have no idea who or what end-boss is going to be and that kind of negates the urge to get good and get the best gear to defeat this super villain.

I would think Garrosh is the intended "End Boss/Ultimate villain". If I understand what I am seeing, between what's played out in the Beta, and what is going to be played out with Theramore, He appears determined on world domination, and I don't believe any of the other horde leaders are fond of him at all.

that was the best scene for me

Of all my friends that have seen it...this is our fav scene too. Posted Image

Human: Weapon?
Orc: don't mind if I do...

Edited by Jayde103, 17 August 2012 - 12:45 AM.

Posted Image

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:03 AM

Stasis
  • Stasis
  • Sergeant
  • LocationNew Zealand
I think the Human was like, "hold my hand...", and the Orc was like, "ORC TAKE SPEAR FROM PUNY HUMAN!".

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:30 AM

lmendonca
  • lmendonca
  • Worker
  • LocationBrazil

I think the Human was like, "hold my hand...", and the Orc was like, "ORC TAKE SPEAR FROM PUNY HUMAN!".

lol ... if was a blood elf that certainly would be the true

what I most liked in this scene is the orc's face expression... and without words the human and orc said "let's fight together first then we kill each other"

by the way monks will be this much op? he owned the other two Posted Image

Edited by lmendonca, 17 August 2012 - 05:30 AM.

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:16 AM

chillerfreezer
  • chillerfreezer
  • Footman

Blizzard Official WoW Blog

Posted Image
You've ended Deathwing's destructive rampage and saved the dragonflights from extinction. Now you must unlock the mysteries of the lost continent and discover the dark secrets of Pandaria's past. Explore ancient kingdoms hidden since before the Sundering, plunder vast treasures from the depths of the forgotten vaults, and rise to defend Pandaria from the shadow of a long buried evil - before it's too late.
We are pleased to present the opening cinematic for Mists of Pandaria as presented at gamescom 2012. Whether you’re Horde or Alliance, there is one question we all must consider: “Why do we fight?”

(Source)

This is nice Posted Image

Active Users

0 user(s) are browsing this forum 0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users