Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zarontheinsane

Need Suggestions For New Toon

4 posts in this topic

Ok, I have decided that I need another 90, not going to be using my ''free'' 90 on it, but will level it all the way with heirlooms. I currently have at 90 a Blood/frost dk, a Resto/boomy druid, and a Demo/destroy(sometimes I switch between destro and aff because I just love all 3 so much). I love tanking and so I'm wanting a new tank toon. It probably won't ever do more than LFR and maybe a few normal (not sure if flex will still be around next xpac but if so i'll do them since they are a little more casual) so its not like I have to have whatever is the absolute max best. I often enjoy playing demo with DA and have even tanked some heroic dungeons with my guild like that and enjoy soloing some stuff like that, but without the vengeance its just not strong enough so I often need to use my voidlord and I just dps normally. At one point I tried out guardian on my druid at 90 and enjoyed it but the only thing I ever did with it was grind timeless isle and do a few lfrs so don't know a lot on how it may be in other situations. And I apologize for this being so long. So I'm thinking about leveling a bear/kitty druid, a prot/??? war, or a prot/ret pally since shockadins got nerfed so hard that I don't even want to play holy. I have played around with each tank spec on ptr doing stuff like killing rares and farming timeless. And I'm not asking which tank is best, because I know there is no 'best' tank, its all on the player, but wondering which is best for me, I enjoy doing a lot of soloing old raids and dungeons, absolutely love brawlers guild, want it to be fun in arenas, and how is the dps spec for each doing these? of course I won't be using tank spec for pvp unless its to be an FC or something, but how is each of the dps specs for soloing old stuff, doing brawlers guild, pvp, and what are some things you all love about each, and maybe some pros and cons of each and how it may be similar to the dk or demo tank lock. Thanks in advance for everyone's help and I'm sorry that this was probably much longer than it needed to be.

Judging by your class selections, I would say Mistweaver/Brewmaster Monk, or a Prot/Holy Paladin.

A Mistweaver's World DPS is almost the same as a normal DPSer's.

Both Classes can spec Tank/DPS/Heal, do old raids since they are hybrid dps/heal.

Edited by Archimage

I levelled a prot paladin with full heirlooms, and it was amazing. I breezed through dungeons on my own all the way to 85. It was a bit challenging at times, but definitely a fun thing to do. It's also incredibly quick.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Grayffin
      We've been around for a long time. We've seen ups and downs. We have built a highly successful guild and lost it again.
      Now we're getting back, and we're calling on you. We're opening our guild to players, both experienced and not so much. Our common goal is to finish rebuilding the guild after series of unfortunate events. To build and train a reliable, skilled and determined group of core raiders who will work together to blast through any challenge. To maintain a friendly, relaxed environment in the guild.
      Don't get me wrong, if you join us, you're going to have your work cut out for you. But then, what joy could we have from things we haven't worked for?
      Our goals:
      Friendly and relaxed environment Reliable and skillful raiding team that could take it all the way to Mythic. Mythic+ dungeons Helping less equipped or experienced members to reach their full potential Fun We are looking for:
      Healers, particularly raid healers and Disc Priest Ranged DPS Mitigation tank (Pal, War) Contacts:
      Sukineko (GM) Grymffin (Officer) - BTag Corwan#11125 Tiranel (Officer) and pretty much anyone with <Close Knit> over their heads
    • By Mystykall
      [H] <Blackhole Gaming> US-Illidan – Recruiting Raiders – Two Day - Mythic - Tu/Th

We are a 2 night raiding guild looking for more players. Raid times are:

Tuesday /Thursday 7:00 - 10:30 PM (CST) server time. 

The leaders of <Blackhole Gaming> have been playing WoW since the game was released with multiple years of experience leading a guild. 

Progression: 
      Emerald Nightmare - 3/7M

Recruiting for Mythic Progression through all content.

Recruitment is currently open for core spots.

High Need:

Damage Classes
      Balance Druid
      Shadow Priest
      Hunter
      Warlock
      Mage

Healers 
      Priest
      Monk
      Shaman

We are looking to recruit all exceptional players, if you don’t see your class we may still have a spot for you. We are always looking for Tank/DPS or Heal/DPS to assist with certain strats.

Visit us at: www.blackholegaming.org

Raid Leader: Isabelli#1577
      Guild Master: Mystykall#1117
      Officers:
      Muphin#1909 
      Clandon#1499
      Ethica#1133
      Ancobestoco#1951
      Isabelli#1577
    • By NasharStormrage
      So,
      Which trinket should I be using (obviously arms warriors are not concerned with iLvl because Mastery is desired over strength.
      I have the 820 iLvl trinket from a timewarped dungeon and that with heroism, Battle Cry, Potion, trinket use, could provide an extreme amount of dps burst which is also on a 1.5m CD. It seems like an obvious choice but I wanted to hear any thoughts or opinions that people have since I'll be losing 500+ static mastery. Also, the use effect gives around 20-24% increased damage during colossus smash. 
      Thoughts?... 

• By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Jade Druid No Giants Gadgetzan Standard Deck.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Budget Jade Druid Gadgetzan Standard Deck.