FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Morticia

Destro vs Affliction

I'm a 565 destro warlock. Today I was badly outdps'ed on Ordos by a 552 affliction lock. I like to think I know what I'm doing so was that a fluke or has affliction caught up or surpassed destro as the top dps spec?

Thanks in advance.

Got logs?  Not likely since it was Ordos.  Here's my diagnosis...

He outperformed you because he outplayed you.  If you "think" you know what you're doing, you likely have room to grow.  Those who "know" what they are doing could raise the question a little bit easier.

• Like 2

Bring logs mate, and we'll tell you what you're doing wrong.

Also something to consider is the fight length and aff's strong opener. 

• Like 2

Got logs?  Not likely since it was Ordos.  Here's my diagnosis...

He outperformed you because he outplayed you.  If you "think" you know what you're doing, you likely have room to grow.  Those who "know" what they are doing could raise the question a little bit easier.

ZAGSLAM!!!!!  Lol. Seriously though, this is highly possible.

Bring logs mate, and we'll tell you what you're doing wrong.

Also something to consider is the fight length and aff's strong opener. 

Going to second this one. I generally run aff on world bosses, and because they generally die so quickly, the opener edges out other people, not that it matters. I find most ordos kills are like.... 2 mins, maybe 3 max. Aff will DEFINITELY pull better numbers, assuming the RNG didn't go screwbally, and the aff guy knew what he was doing. 

Overall, I wouldn't read very much into the fact that aff beat you out on what was likely a really short fight. That said: It's definitely worth learning your warlock better.

• Like 1

Something to consider also.. where you under the influence of timeless isle buffs/shrines/flask? Was he? If the Aff lock was and you weren't, that could've probably influenced 

Just a thought..

Something to consider also.. where you under the influence of timeless isle buffs/shrines/flask? Was he? If the Aff lock was and you weren't, that could've probably influenced 

Just a thought..

Hey man, my 20% damage increase procs and 25% free statistics have nothing to do with me doing 1.4mil dps on ordos!

• Like 1

Wouldn't put too much weight on Ordos... also it depends on how fast it died since Aff has a stronger opener. 

Neither Destro or Aff is "top", it depends on the fight, mechanics, fight length, raid strategy, and gear assuming you're comfortable with both specs.