FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
DLXX

DLXX help request

just rerolled mage, after my protpally gettin boring as fuck :D

my amr link: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/eu/blackrock/helenefisher

armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/blackrock/Helenefisher/simple

would rly appreciate some tips for reforging or getting other caps!?

also got 561 bboy and lfr fcor

thanks a lot 

yours DLXX

PS: thx 4 your help so far guys, trinketproccs, rotation etc, rly helped me !

What Anderson said! ^^ If you have more questions after reading it you can ask in the thread and someone will get to it for sure, only thing I'll mention here is that the cleave-trinket is pretty terrible!

how many haste should i forge now 14242 is max? 

what does lb +7 & nt+20 @ 18960 mean, that are my big Qs

i know its living bomb and nether tempest, but what does those numbers mean ?`_<

Edited by DLXX

It means number of (additional) ticks of those bombs. Currently there are specific haste breakpoints at which your bombs get an additional DoT tick. 

Since you are new to the class and don't seem too familiar with breakpoints (and hence snapshotting), I would think KTT would be better than BBoY at the moment for you.

• Like 2

yeah but what do u think about my haste now ? i got bout 

35,89% => 15254 haste with KTT/pboi geared (NO FROSTARMOR)

with armor up 45,40%

and BBOY/pbot + ARMOR pushes me upto 50.72 %  => 17365

my Q now is, should i forge more mastery? am i wrong or am i 3k haste abouve GCD breakpoint, without 5% raidhastebuff?

i srsly wanna get involved into that materia

yours DLXX

Edited by DLXX

Dear DLXX,

If you are new to playing to a frost mage now, my advice will be to stick to the mixture build. It gives you decent bomb damage and good icicle damage with stacked mastery as well. So, if you stick to the 14242 haste build, it will be much simpler. The haste that you have is excess of 14242 and it will help you if that haste were instead changed(gemmed/reforged) to mastery. 

The guide assumes you have 5% spell haste buff in raid. There are also stat weights in Akraen's guide that you can enter into AMR which will solve your reforge/gem problems.

And in your Leggings of Furious Flame(they are yellow sockets) gem pure haste or pure mastery depending on if you reach 14242 haste rating. Your gear has a little excess hit, so AMR does ask to gem pure mastery there instead. 

Edited by Cynthaea
  • Like 1

That's not how haste buffs work.

No %-based haste buff modifies your rating. Basically your rating determines your % haste first in the order of operations.

PBoI's amplification is different, it's a % but it's modified off your rating and it's added next, 6-9% of your rating.

Then 7% frost armor is added and multiplied. (x% * 107%) + 7% (i.e. .50 * 1.07 + .07 = 60.5%)

Then 5% raid buff is added and multiplied, same way as above.

Then burst haste, i.e. meta gem, icy veins, time warp are added, with the same method.

• Like 1

That's not how haste buffs work.

No %-based haste buff modifies your rating. Basically your rating determines your % haste first in the order of operations.

PBoI's amplification is different, it's a % but it's modified off your rating and it's added next, 6-9% of your rating.

Then 7% frost armor is added and multiplied. (x% * 107%) + 7% (i.e. .50 * 1.07 + .07 = 60.5%)

Then 5% raid buff is added and multiplied, same way as above.

Then burst haste, i.e. meta gem, icy veins, time warp are added, with the same method.

Yep. Haste scales multiplicatively, which is why berserking is so insane for frost mages(Test it if you have it, maaassive haste). It is also why frost armour is so good. The PBoI's amp just alters the "base" rating used to determine the initial percentage.

I'd read this page too for further info: http://lhiveras-library.com/compendium/haste

Oops! I am sorry I was wrong there. I got confused with my armory(when I was logged into my AMR) >.< My pants have Yellow ones. I should seriously refrain from posting here when I am tired. 

2fof + bf > metaprocc and pboi&Ktt procC?

do i need to refresh my LB when its below 6 sec and my meta, trink etc procs?

Edited by DLXX