FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
nicarlitos

atonement macro

Hey folks,

After helping our raid disc priest optimise her character, I found myself tempted to try myself.

I've just boosted my lvl 80 priest to 90. So far, having a lot of fun in LFR with it.

One thing I'm considering is macro for atonement healing. The rotation is pretty basic as I understand it.

Penance > holy fire > smite.

I'd probably like to keep penance out of the macro in case I need it for healing, but in principal would there be any problem to create a macro that reduces the number of buttons I need to push? e.g. Holy fire and smite being on one button.

Something like this:

/cast Holy Fire

/cast Smite

I'm not a macro expert, but presumably if holy fire is on cooldown, smite will trigger.

Cheers,

Nic

Not sure if it would work in that form. It might try to cast HF and when it realises it can't, it stops the macro instead of Smiting.

I believe a castsequence macro would work though. Adding a reset parameter with Holy Fire's cooldown on it or smth. 

Basically how it would work is what you intended there. The first push would fire off Holy Fire and start the timer, during which it would alternate to Smite and once the timer resets it would throw the HF again.

Not an expert, but there's my 2 cents.

EDIT: Not sure if it works in this form (and being at work, I cant test it) but the sequences tend to look smth like this. You might want a professional to proofread this though tongue.png

/castsequence reset=10 Holy Fire, Smite, Smite, Smite, Smite

Adding more smites as you feel is necessary. I think it works on a press-by-press basis in addition to the timer, so if you run out of the Smites on the macro, it will try to revert back to HF before the CD is done.

Edited by Ceraius

Might be better off adding modifiers to the button

#showtooltip

/use [mod:ctrl] holy fire; [mod:shift] Penance; smite

That will use holy fire on ctrl, Penance of shift, and smite by default. You can then add mouse over to that if you wish.

im pretty sure you cant make a macro to just use whatever ability isnt on cd at the time with a priority. thats just one step away from botting really.

Yeah, mod macro would work too. I use those baseline so didn't think to post one :P  Plus the sequence macro is a "true" one button macro, whereas the modifier basically requires two buttons.

If you want something you can spam, I'm using the following macro when I'm farming sha crystals in LFr:

#showtooltip

/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,Holy Fire

/castsequence reset=0.5 0,penance

/castsequence reset=0.5 smite