Need help with SV DPS on Nazgrim

2 posts in this topic

OK, logs for my best attempt of the night

FemaleDwarf says potential 289749k DPS, but I am 100k below that.

I see better uptimes for Serpent sting in the top ranked surv hunters, but most of those are hitting ONLY Nazgrim, because the rest of their raid is hitting the adds.

One question I have is how to see my shot rotation, and make sure I am not blowing it.

I have Narrow Escape for Tier1 because of assasins and iron blades.

I was using Dire Beast, but will swap to Fervor or Thrill of the Hunt. 

Also typically shoot a Freezing Trap before the adds spawn to slow them and get a free L&L proc.

Any other suggestions?

1 person likes this

I prefer Thrill but Fervor works for this fight as well. I dont suggest Dire Beast because you have to target switch so much when the adds come out the bestie just runs around and you dont get the most damage from it. 

What I noticed first from your logs is that you arent using Rapid Fire on cd. On a couple of attempts that were around the 6-7 min mark you only used it once or twice. Our 2pc reduces the cd of Rapid Fire by a godly amount. To give you an idea I used Rapid Fire 7 times on a 6:36 min H Nazgrim fight. 

As well as your Black Arrow uptime is pretty low, only 30%.  Remember Black Arrow is crucial to get those Lock and Load procs which make up so much of your damage. A good addon that can help you keep track of cds and abilities is JS Hunter Bar (now just shortened to JSHB).

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Mulajin
      Hate to be another needy fellow who is having a hard time analyzing the logs, but I'm trying to dig through and see what I'm doing wrong, but I can't find it all...
      I have Greenskins Waterlogged bracers, so i've thrown BttE into the rotation (when I remember to check the CD) and follow with the next PS proc (hopefully Blunderbuss!) that's my only rotation variation I'm attempting. I havent been using ghostly strike, because I have a terrible time remembering to keep it up, but I'm going to try again. (I wasn't specced  with GS for these logs) 
      I think I might be having an issue with casting PS/BB too much, but I'm sure there are other issues.
      Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      ShadowCraft: (SC seems to be weird, is it not yet fully capable of handling all the ilvl variations?)
      Thanks a bunch guys.
      Edit: note: I know I'm using old pots/flasks, I'm a bit behind on being able to upgrade, so I'm currently only using current pots/flasks on some occasions. 
    • By zanpander
      so im 848 ilvl and in mythics i do around 150k-200k dps  but mostly on the low end  is this normal ? 
      rotation  the icy veins rotation 
      warcraft log ( im new to making logs so idk if i messed this up or not )
    • By Subs01
      <Wakening> is a newly formed guild on Sylvanas alliance side, we are looking to fill up the ranks to get a full team ready for mythic. 

We are a semi-hardcore guild, we expect you to be performing your best and constantly looking to improve, 5/7 was cleared on our first night together so things are moving along smoothly!

Our raid times are Wednesday, Sunday and Monday 21:00 - 00:00 server time.

Currently we are looking for players of all classes but specifically ranged DPS and Tanks. 

Please contact Subs#2165 on battle tag or reply to this thread if you think you're up to it!
    • By Primarch
      First all, glad to be here.  Secondly, I have some friends playing and they need me to play a single target DPS machine.  Right now, I'm thinking Rogue, or Arms Warrior.  Possibly Mage or Shaman as a backup selection.
      Warrior can also tank if need be.  I had considered Paladin, but I have heard they can't do well in Mythic stuff?