FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

[Archived] S8 Hearthstone Mid Budget Mage Aggro Deck

Guest Dyonisis

Great build! Played, 5-1 untill now. Just 1 question, why 2 pyroblast and 1 flamestrike, and not 2 flamestikes and 1 pyroblast? Thanks for the reply!

Great build! Played, 5-1 untill now. Just 1 question, why 2 pyroblast and 1 flamestrike, and not 2 flamestikes and 1 pyroblast? Thanks for the reply!

Because Flamestrike is pretty situational. It's so threatening that most players will be very scared of it and do a lot to avoid exposing themselves to it. Most likely, you'll get one good Flamestrike off, but the opponent will never re-build a board to make a second Flamestrike useful.

Pyroblast, on the other hand, is pretty much always useful. Once you get to 10 mana, 2 turns will almost always be enough to guarantee a win with your Pyroblasts (and having 2 increases the chances of drawing at least 1 - which also often wins you the game).

Guest Vualk

What would you play in a legendary mage aggro deck with zero cost restictions.. 

Guest Guest

This deck seems to perform pretty bad in the current meta. Taunts hard counter this build, pretty every other class will be able to establish board presence and overrun you with their minions, so your spells are pretty much useless. 
Have been playing against two mages, in one I got raped, the other one was not close as well. 

A shaman has murdered me as well. 

I am in the 14-16 ranks usually and must say, that this deck really underperforms. Even if you have a perfect starting hand, you need the perfect mana curve in the game as well to even have a chance. I will try it out a bit more... but at the moment, I must say, this deck is shit.

This deck seems to perform pretty bad in the current meta. Taunts hard counter this build, pretty every other class will be able to establish board presence and overrun you with their minions, so your spells are pretty much useless. 

Have been playing against two mages, in one I got raped, the other one was not close as well. 

A shaman has murdered me as well. 

I am in the 14-16 ranks usually and must say, that this deck really underperforms. Even if you have a perfect starting hand, you need the perfect mana curve in the game as well to even have a chance. I will try it out a bit more... but at the moment, I must say, this deck is shit.

Guess we're going to look into this.

Guest Nightslayer

I replaced the defender of argus x2 with a blood mage thalnos and Polymorph. This deck has worked really well for me because of it's consistent damage from beginning to late game. I am rank 8, just from this deck. I've played this deck for a long time so I know how to counter each situation, and I think it's a matter of skill when people don't adjust well to the deck after only playing it 6 or 7 times.

Guest Fireball is not OP

meh this deck i got only 1 problem. most of times i won before  turn 10 biggrin.png great deck thanks 

Guest dragoras

I replaced the defender of argus x2 with a blood mage thalnos and Polymorph. This deck has worked really well for me because of it's consistent damage from beginning to late game. I am rank 8, just from this deck. I've played this deck for a long time so I know how to counter each situation, and I think it's a matter of skill when people don't adjust well to the deck after only playing it 6 or 7 times.

May I ask for some suggestions on hoe to use the bloodmage. He always gets killed as soon as I put him out but I'm still new to the game. He just so happened to be I'm the first pack that I received. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Guest Obejiin

I think its good to keep a poly instead of 2 pyro, I alose switched out a arcane intelect to arcane explotion because hunters and murlucks are everywhere

May I ask for some suggestions on hoe to use the bloodmage. He always gets killed as soon as I put him out but I'm still new to the game. He just so happened to be I'm the first pack that I received. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

You can always hold on to him and play other cards. Play Bloodmage once you wish to empower a specific spell. However, if you have nothing to play in early game, it will often be better to cycle it.

Should I switch something for Ysera? (I have ysera, onyxia, and a sea giant).  I'm thinking ysera would be a good replacement for pyroblast or something else?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Ukyo

Should I switch something for Ysera? (I have ysera, onyxia, and a sea giant).  I'm thinking ysera would be a good replacement for pyroblast or something else?

Thanks in advance!

You can always try :)

I went:

-2 Arcane Intellect

-2 Leper Gnomes

+1 Bloodmage Thalnos

+1 Sylvanas Windrunner

+2 Arcane Explosion (stops the 1-2 hp rush, and it's a mini-flamestrike with bloodmage)

I've been using:

-1 Pyroblast

for

+1 Ysera.

I'm thinking of swapping something else for Alexstrasza.

What do you guys think would work better with my changes?

Edited by Ukyo

Guest Dan

This deck worked very well up until about a month ago. It seems as if people are just flat out buying build decks now, so the odds of winning if you haven't put money into a top built deck, the chances of winning are kind of slim. It's just what I've noticed, been playing around with the game since the beta key.

Guest mike

I started with a midbuget control warrior deck and I really liked it but it seems people are better prepared for it now. then I made a mid budget agro paladin and hunter deck. I think this one is better than the paladin deck because its easier to plan with this one instead of hoping you get lucky and pull a  sword of justice. the hunter deck is ok too. If you don't spend money on decks those last 3 are good because they share leeroy Jenkins and many of other cards.

Guest mike

does any one know if I cast leeroy Jenkins when I have knife juggler on the board id the 2 whelps I summon for my opponent will trigger my knife juggler since I summoned them?

does any one know if I cast leeroy Jenkins when I have knife juggler on the board id the 2 whelps I summon for my opponent will trigger my knife juggler since I summoned them?

Hey, Mike

Should you have Knife Juggler on the board, your Leeroy Jenkins will trigger its ability only once for Leeroy, but not for the whelps, which will inflict 1 damage to a random enemy target.

Since you have brought Knife Juggler + Leeroy up, I would like to point out that if your opponent has Juggler, it will do 2 damage when you play Leeroy and it can happen that Juggler can kill your Leeroy :D

Its nasty and it can happen :D

• Like 1

Guest Guest

Thanks, that would be so depressing if I killed my own Leeroy. On a side note, I've had pretty good luck with this deck against Priests. I hate Priests! they seem to best me more often than not on my decks.

Guest mike

I'm having trouble against other rush decks like the  mid budget paladin agro deck. It seems they out pressure me even when I get a starting hand with 1-2 mana costing minions. I start to minion trade and end up losing by a little. I also had trouble against shamans. Shamans can usually wipe out my first 2 minions with their 2-3 damage aoe.  any ideas on how to approach shamans especially? IE should I get a starting hand with more spells? I also find myself hardly ever getting a chance to use ice lance since my minion that can freeze Is usually removed quickly.

Guest Mirnes

Hi, tried this deck for some time now. I do not know what I do wrong but I fail badly. Deck before this one I had more luck with. I was actually up at lvl 8 but now I can not go away from lvl 16-15. I actually have more luck with "Low Budget Mage Alternative Aggro/Rush Deck"

I'm having trouble against other rush decks like the  mid budget paladin agro deck. It seems they out pressure me even when I get a starting hand with 1-2 mana costing minions. I start to minion trade and end up losing by a little. I also had trouble against shamans. Shamans can usually wipe out my first 2 minions with their 2-3 damage aoe.  any ideas on how to approach shamans especially? IE should I get a starting hand with more spells? I also find myself hardly ever getting a chance to use ice lance since my minion that can freeze Is usually removed quickly.

Hey, Mike

Ice lance is a finisher usually and you should simply pair it with Frostbolt. Frost Elemental can indeed provide the freeze, but its main objective is to bring crazy value on the board for its cost.

Against a shaman, you need to keep up with their totems and attempt to squeeze any damage to their hero in early game, trying to push them in kill range. Shaman will always run Lightning Storm and you simply can't over extend on the board: Play a Loot Hoarder or Arcane Intellect instead of further committing to pressure or simply use your hero power if you already offered your opponent a 2-for-1 Lightning Storm.

Hi, tried this deck for some time now. I do not know what I do wrong but I fail badly. Deck before this one I had more luck with. I was actually up at lvl 8 but now I can not go away from lvl 16-15. I actually have more luck with "Low Budget Mage Alternative Aggro/Rush Deck"

Hey, Minres

This deck leans towards mid-range which enforces different play style and if you try to play it as you played your Alternative Aggro, you will most likely run out of steam before you can finish your opponent. Go for the kill later, attempt to push for board control early and start nuking your opponent after you have pressured them lower.

Guest Jason

I tend to agree about Ice Lance, it tends to be a dead card in my hand.  I'd also be careful about putting Leeroy in the deck, in play mode adding a legendary means going up against legendary-filled decks.  Take him out and you only go up against decks with rares.

I tend to agree about Ice Lance, it needs to be paired with another card to be effective so you *have* to have drawn both by turn 8 and done enough damage for this last 7 to be a finisher... with perhaps a fireball too.  13 damage for only 6 mana is pretty good but ah, what is your opponent doing?  Probably bringing out lots of taunters to force you to go into removal mode with weenies... a first-turn Voidwalker means you can't even afford to put out a soon-to-be-dead Knife Juggler yet.

I'd also be careful about having Leeroy in a deck with nothing else that's even Epic... adding a single legendary means Play mode includes all the hardcore decks.  Take him out and you'll play this deck against nothing but rares in Play mode.

Guest MELODY

hey i just played today, and i've got some budget with me and went build this deck

everything was quite good for me even thought in ranked i got bullied sometimes

but i wonder whats the use of leeroy jenkins? 

Sign in to follow this