FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

[Archived] S8 Hearthstone Legendary Paladin Control Deck

I'm in need of some suggestions on this deck.  I'm running this exact same build and I'm getting owned on the board.  I cannot gain control no matter what I'm trying to do.

Well I think I figured this deck out.  If you're having issues with this deck, the problem might be that you're not being aggressive enough on the board.  Use anything you can to keep the board clear, eventually, you'll exhaust all of your opponents attempts to gain control.  This is especially true against aggressive decks.  I was making the mistake of trying to gain control by playing minions, that isn't how this deck works.

this deck is all about luck with what you get

I'd like to disaggree.

Guest Splackey

Express, get cairnhoof first, it's lower mana cost

Having played this deck over 300 times, as a conservative estimate, I have to say it does poorly against both LocLock and Miracle Rogue decks. Are there any good substitutions that allow a counter for these decks that still allow enough versatility to win against decks that aren't quite so mindlessly aggressive?

Edited by FrostAdept

Guest -RG-

Hi,

I have a very similar deck with less legendarys in it,

But my problem is with ysera she seems useless in my deck when i reach 9 mana there always seems to be better plays or im already winning i have quite the high winrate % with my deck just have some trouble with priests and thats about it... the moment i reach 9 mana im already winning the game or she can't help me winning it anymore so i never actually get to play her except for fun  here is my deck any suggestions would be really nice smile.png im getting cairne soon or sylvanas in combination with redemption it seems like a really nice card 

Deck:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilder/paladin#23:2;25:2;73:1;142:2;191:2;260:2;293:2;383:2;386:2;391:1;422:1;450:1;475:2;495:1;503:1;506:1;542:2;567:1;657:2;

Hi,

I have a very similar deck with less legendarys in it,

But my problem is with ysera she seems useless in my deck when i reach 9 mana there always seems to be better plays or im already winning i have quite the high winrate % with my deck just have some trouble with priests and thats about it... the moment i reach 9 mana im already winning the game or she can't help me winning it anymore so i never actually get to play her except for fun  here is my deck any suggestions would be really nice smile.png im getting cairne soon or sylvanas in combination with redemption it seems like a really nice card 

Deck:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilder/paladin#23:2;25:2;73:1;142:2;191:2;260:2;293:2;383:2;386:2;391:1;422:1;450:1;475:2;495:1;503:1;506:1;542:2;567:1;657:2;

Hey, RG,

What you said about Ysera is absolutely true. Ysera is one of those legendaries that will autowin the game for you if it is left on the board for a few turns, however in most situations you are already ahead or you simply need an instant solution that Ysera doesn't provide.

After I've checked your deck, I think you could potentially do some improvements by removing the following cards:

Redemption (since you can no longer trigger it in your turn, I think it is not as good as it used to be. I know it offers a sweet combo with your deathrattlers, but I simply think you would be better off without it)

Scarlet Crusader might be a bit of an overkill although I assume you are using it because of Redemption.

Sword of Justice in my opinion is nothing special in control decks.

Ysera - like you said... better to find an alternative that presents a proper solution.

Defender of Argus - Sunfury Protector will be better if you run guardian of ancient kings or stampeeding kodo and if not, Sen'jin Shieldmasta should be a better taunter.

I would consider including:

Stampeding Kodo

Earth Ring Farseer / Guardian of Ancient Kings for healing

Cairne Bloodhoof would be decent

Swap Defender of Argus for Sen'jin / Chillwind Yeti and consider Sunfury Protector

If you still wish to play with Redemption, you could possibly consider including Abomination.

Try Kodo's atleast and possibly Humility. You might like it.

• Like 1

I am currently using this deck -thalnos

http://gyazo.com/5c1ac275af73d5ca745a084a4de7a6cc

Why is thalnos good for this deck?

I have enough to craft it but I'm not sure if I want to craft something else.

Any suggestions?

Thalnos can potentially empower your Consecration and is there instead of one Loot Hoarder. It is not necessary in this deck and you can easily take a different legendary.

Would you say this deck is more effective than the Legendary Paladin Aggro/Rush Deck? I think the real question is this... in both mid and high tier gameplay, which would you say is more effective against most other decks, Control or Aggro?

Kind Regards

Would you say this deck is more effective than the Legendary Paladin Aggro/Rush Deck? I think the real question is this... in both mid and high tier gameplay, which would you say is more effective against most other decks, Control or Aggro?

Kind Regards

I cannot give you a definite answer, only my personal opinion (but I'm sure Poyo/Vlad will jump in with more precise answer :) )

Generally paladins overall are really underrepresented in in every tier and are considered to be the weakest class (somewhere around with priest) currently in game. They are easy to counter and if you expect to fly up ranks like an airjet you might be disappointed. (Just mentioning this, before any negative feedback that this deck is bad etc... :)

That being said, for mid tier, I would probably start with agro. The so called Shockadin is pretty effective and it's advantage is, that it's a faster deck (obviously) than control. This is cool, because you can level faster. In high end tier, the "which is better" question really depends on the current meta. If ie. the meta is full of freeze mage, going for control with loads of healing is a great idea. However if it's full of Zoos, going for control is terrible as it is just too slow for them. You'd become Zood.

I cannot give you a definite answer, only my personal opinion (but I'm sure Poyo/Vlad will jump in with more precise answer smile.png )

Generally paladins overall are really underrepresented in in every tier and are considered to be the weakest class (somewhere around with priest) currently in game. They are easy to counter and if you expect to fly up ranks like an airjet you might be disappointed. (Just mentioning this, before any negative feedback that this deck is bad etc... smile.png

That being said, for mid tier, I would probably start with agro. The so called Shockadin is pretty effective and it's advantage is, that it's a faster deck (obviously) than control. This is cool, because you can level faster. In high end tier, the "which is better" question really depends on the current meta. If ie. the meta is full of freeze mage, going for control with loads of healing is a great idea. However if it's full of Zoos, going for control is terrible as it is just too slow for them. You'd become Zood.

Wow, that's very disappointing. How long do you think Paladins will remain in this state? I just started playing so I haven't made any real commitments. Nevertheless, I don't want to switch focus to another class based on FOTM knee jerk reactions. Which class and deck right now would you say is a solid decision to be overall competitive?

I mainly chose Paladin because I like the archetype and that was my main in WoW since Vanilla. 

The most competitive, I would say is Miracle Rogue currently. It doesn't really have very bad matchups (unlike paladins) and is really consistent. Freeze mage is pretty good too, unless against a control warrior. Then you should concede. Handlock is alright as well as token/ramp up druids. I don't really favor aggro decks, but Shockadin as I mentioned can be reasonable for laddering as well as the good old Warlock Zoo. :)

The most competitive, I would say is Miracle Rogue currently. It doesn't really have very bad matchups (unlike paladins) and is really consistent. Freeze mage is pretty good too, unless against a control warrior. Then you should concede. Handlock is alright as well as token/ramp up druids. I don't really favor aggro decks, but Shockadin as I mentioned can be reasonable for laddering as well as the good old Warlock Zoo. smile.png

How easy is it to rank up with Rogue in the early and mid games? 

How easy is it to rank up with Rogue in the early and mid games? 

If by early and mid games you mean lower/higher rank, then miracle rogue is a miracle.

If you mean game length, it's rather mid to late game.

If by early and mid games you mean lower/higher rank, then miracle rogue is a miracle.

If you mean game length, it's rather mid to late game.

Sorry, I'm still getting accustomed to the terminology, I'm talking about low rank all the way to high rank. I was reading an article somewhere that at lower ranks you don't have the important cards to make Rogue work the way it should. Do you think they are going to nerf it? I don't want to switch my focus to Rogue only to have it nerfed to the ground the same way I hear they did with Hunter. 

What are your thoughts? 

I am most certain, that Blizzard is trying to find a way to nerf it, yes. But nerfing it is not really trivial. They could nerf Gadgetzan, but it would make it unplayable to other classes (most likely, unless they nerf it in a way that they limit the maximum number of card draws.)

They could nerf Leeroy (but... Then again, it may become unplayable for others).

The point is, I think they want to nerf it, but they don't know yet how to do this without impacting other classes' playstyle.

I am most certain, that Blizzard is trying to find a way to nerf it, yes. But nerfing it is not really trivial. They could nerf Gadgetzan, but it would make it unplayable to other classes (most likely, unless they nerf it in a way that they limit the maximum number of card draws.)

They could nerf Leeroy (but... Then again, it may become unplayable for others).

The point is, I think they want to nerf it, but they don't know yet how to do this without impacting other classes' playstyle.

If they nerf it and make it a mediocre class after I redirect my focus and efforts into the class I would be pissed. 

I have all the cards i this deck but Cairne Bloodhoof. Do you guys think that Hogger would make a good swap? If not, then please give me suggestions to what else i good swap it with :-)

Anything I can replace Cairne with? I have everything else but I don't have any other legendaries besides those in the deck. I could potentially craft one epic.

Edited by Swagnaros

Anything I can replace Cairne with? I have everything else but I don't have any other legendaries besides those in the deck. I could potentially craft one epic.

Cairne brings insane value which makes it rather hard to replace. Perhaps another Manipulator could work or Big Game Hunter if the meta has any need for it. If the budget is an issue, you can easily put in an additional Earthen Ring Farseer or Guardian of Ancient Kings if you need more healing.

Personally I'd simply put in an additional Loot Hoarder to thin your deck and get to the good stuff faster.

I adore this deck! I've gone form 21 to 15 with it.

Good to hear :) gz

Sign in to follow this