Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Damien

[Archived] S8 Hearthstone Mid Budget Shaman Control Deck

15 posts in this topic

What is a good substitute for Ragnaros?? 

If you could name a couple of good options that'd be great, he's the only piece of the puzzle that im missing

What is a good substitute for Ragnaros?? 

If you could name a couple of good options that'd be great, he's the only piece of the puzzle that im missing

There is no substitute for Raggy!!!!!11111

But on a serious note, it depends why you have Ragnaros in the deck. Generally its because its a huge threat, can be great finisher and has immediate effect on the game once played. Potentially you could substitute it with Ysera in control decks, however in most cases, you would simply be better off playing an aggressive deck if your control deck lacks end game.

So that 1 card is ALL of the end game for this deck? That's the only one im missing

I was disappointed that the shaman aggro deck types wasn't listed, i can never seem to get very far with control version since im missing certain key control cards. 

So here's the current shaman deck im playing 

SHAMAN

2x Earth Shock
2x Lightning Bolt
2x Rockbiter Weapon
1x Windfury
1x Flametongue Totem
2x Hex
2x Lightning Storm
2x Mana Tide Totem
1x Bloodlust 

Neutral
2x Leper Gnome
2x Bluegill Warrior
2x Faerie Dragon
2x Novice Engineer
2x Arcane Golem
2x Wolfrider
1x Leeroy Jenkins
2x Argent Commander

It's an aggro deck, in current rankings im at 18 with it dangling between 18 and 17 after rank reset. I feel the deck holds together well for the most part and will pull more wins than defeats. It's main drawback is some times not pulling the 'finisher' when you really need it

I just crafted Ragnaros to test this deck. But now I'm missing the Faceless Manipulator and I don't have any arcane dust left :/ Do you have a suggestion, which card I could use instead of the Faceless Manipulator?

Could i replace that windfurry with Alexstrasza? I get nuked all the time, even when i have board control, i desperately need some heals!

Do you consider to add earth elemental against to  very common face mindless hunters?

I just crafted Ragnaros to test this deck. But now I'm missing the Faceless Manipulator and I don't have any arcane dust left :/ Do you have a suggestion, which card I could use instead of the Faceless Manipulator?

Faceless Manipulator is generally a solid choice, however if you are still collecting dust, you can try any of the really strong neutral commons such as Chillwind Yeti, Sen'jin Shieldmasta or Harvest Golem.

Could i replace that windfurry with Alexstrasza? I get nuked all the time, even when i have board control, i desperately need some heals!

You can easily take out Windfury. However if you are really after healing, you should consider getting Earth Ring Farseers in your deck instead, they will work better in your transition to late game.

Do you consider to add earth elemental against to  very common face mindless hunters?

Against hunters, your Earth Elemental will give you 3 Overload and die to a 1/1 + Hunter's mark.

This deck is horseshit, I played ~20 ranked matches with this and got so far behind in the early game I couldn't recover every single time. 

This is something I am having a hard time understanding about Hearthstone in general but I see Ragnaros in pretty much every "mid-budget" deck. How is a legendary mid-budget? I've been playing the game since it's opened and I haven't seen enough dust to craft a single legendary.

This deck is horseshit, I played ~20 ranked matches with this and got so far behind in the early game I couldn't recover every single time.

At what rank?

I totally agree. It is good for nothing. Not enough synergy with this deck. It should be updated.

I totally agree. It is good for nothing. Not enough synergy with this deck. It should be updated.

Shamans are generally a bit harder to play as you need to manage your overload cards and often think a turn ahead, however I have to admit that I am a bit confused - How exactly can you fall behind in early game against any deck when you run 2x Earth Shock, 2x Rockbiter Weapon, 2x Lightning Bolt, 2x Lightning Storm, 2x Feral spirit?

The only way you could potentially "improve" this deck against most aggressive decks is to include 2x Forked Lightning, however I assure you that this change will make the deck significantly worse against most mid-range or control decks.

I was worried about this deck. I also began using it without the Argent Commanders and Ragnaros to get an idea of how it would go. It was pretty bad. However, today I finally got the dust I needed. I completed the deck in it's entirety and have only lost once. I've won about 6 in a row before I came to post this. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0